Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

payments to hospitals using Why Chat method

Hey!

I called the local business office for the hospital where I have several collections from the same day of treatment to obtain the correct address. To be honest,  I am a little unsure at the moment if the debt is valid because of insurance but I have not disputed this yet. I am just preparing overall while I wait for my address removals to be taken care of first.

The lady in the office told me ( without me asking) that they cannot take payments and they would just forward them to the collection agency..I know that I am to write on the letter and on the money order that it is payed to the order of the hospital only. BUT this led me to a thought--can they refuse my payment?

also when I do finally send them the letter with my remittance payment, I dont have an account number for this debt or any other identifying factors except for my name. I dont even have the date of service as this debt is around 3 years old. Would it be a bad thing to request the itemized bill thru the hospital?

Im sorry if this is mentioned in the method and I missed it!

Thanks a bunch!

If you follow ALL the guides you will have no problems.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

The reporting collection agency may have no current valid business relationship to the hospital.

You may not actually owe anything to anyone

IF at the CONCLUSION of following ALL the steps you actually owe something to the hospital the HIPAA letter provides a legal way to REQUIRE that the hospital accept your payment.

Were you insured at the time of service?? If so, get your EOMBs (explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co.

You need to calm down and stop contacting the hospital, it is counterproductive.

Once you have your old addresses removed (as much as possible) you can start by sending each CRA the initial dispute letter;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Post here the results of THAT initial letter and we will guide you to the next step, and DO NOT CONTACT THE HOSPITAL OR THE CA by phone or fax or on line.

Okay,  I will request my eomb from my insurance at the time. 

Thanks for the reassurances @Why Chat 

I will respond back on here with their responses when I get there! 

Hey @Why Chat 

I found an incorrect ssn associated with my experian credit report. should i dispute this at the same time as the addresses or should i do it separately? just waiting for my things to arrive from the post office to begin the process fully.

thanks!