Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

After lurking in the shadows for a little while now, I decided I wanted to try why chat's guidebook on medical collections but felt really noobish once I didnt understand how to appropriately send priority mail. 

It says send a letter to the CRA with the proof of delivery number. Whats the delivery number? Is it on the forms Im getting from the post office?

Also, on the priority mail instructions, It says to affix the copy to the top of the hard copy of the letter. Does that mean staple it on the top so I dont lose it?

I promise you I am not as noobish as I seem. I guess I am kind of nervous?

Thanks

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

Why Chat will correct me if I am wrong.  But I think Why Chat means for you to send certified mail. 

The form looks like this: hcsVTIj.png

Posted (edited)

Thank you MarvBear but NO NO NO!!

The "delivery # is on the mailing label and a tear off strip duplicates the #)

Priority mail is how all letters to CRAs and CAs should be sent.

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-flat-rate-envelope-ep14f-P_EP_14_F

(there is also a smaller envelope 

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-small-flat-rate-envelope-ep14b-P_EP_14_B

On the smaller envelope you will need to fold over a small part of the label to make it fit

You can get the envelopes delivered to you and buy the priority mail label on line or get the labels (pack of 50) from the PO

The labels have a detachable section just like the certified mail label does and I suggest you staple THAT strip to your hard copy of the letter you are sending. 

You can look up the delivery info on line and print out the proof of delivery

Priority mail does NOT require a signature for delivery so your mail will not be routed to a different department at the CRAs and it WILL be forwarded if the CA has moved

Edited by Why Chat

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By warmerclimes
      Situation: Capital Management Services collecting for Citibank.

Opened 2013 or earlier in Louisiana.
      DOFD : August 2016.

Balance showing: just under $6,000.

Showing as CO and reporting monthly.

Original credit limit $5,000, was never maxed out.

Moved to Florida June 2017.

CMS offering to settle for under $1200.

Questions:
      Does the Louisiana SOL of 3 years still apply?
      Does CMS pay for delete?
      Should I settle? Looking to purchase. home in about a year.

Thanks for any and all advice.

• By rjjmeh
      Several years ago I ran into financial difficulties due to medical issues. I got behind on several credit card which caused some of them to be charged off. Once I was back to work and receiving full pay I began to make payments on the past accounts because I did want to pay off what was owed. I was able to get balances paid off, some fully, some charged off. This was in 2015 and the last balance was paid in full in early 2018. ALthough the accounts report no balance due they still show " charged off" or a serious delinquencies. I am wondering if there is a way to have those tradelines removed all together without having to wait another 2-3 years for them to fall off?  I have since reestablished a very good payment and credit history but my past credit history keeps my score from rising as high as it should. it also shows that at one time my payment history was trashed. I need help. soon.

• By pissarita
      I have 6 trade lines reporting from Ascendium collections with notation of student loan and various amounts. 
      After reviewing my credit report it shows US Bank as the original creditor. I called the student loan servicing phone number and asked where these tradelines are coming from & the rep states my student loans were consolidated. So of course I asked how because I don’t recall and never signed any docs. I requested her to send me the consolidation signature docs and any reference documentation. She only sent the original loan dating back 24yrs.

Can someone offer advice how to handle this and get this Ascendium off my credit reports. I have disputed with the CRA and they came back verified multiple times. I requested validation from Ascendium but no response. 
      the listing shows On my credit report as removal date: 11/2021. 

if it does fall off next year I don’t want some new servicer picking it up and starting the game over. 

im equally concerned that a consolidation happened without my knowledge. 
    • By pissarita
      1. EX & EQ deleted a collection acct from my report in 2016 after one initial dispute 
      2. In 2019, a JDB reports on EX & EQ for the same acct. I requested a DV and the JDB sent the initial application.
      3. OC sent the wrong item in 2014 and after 6 months of disputing they stopping collection attempts. (technically this should be #1). 
      4. I disputed the JDB (2nd ÇA) with the CRA’s and it came back verified. 

What letter can I send to the JDB after they responded with the initial application from 2014 and what is another dispute tactic to the CRA that only responds with previously verified. 

i searched but searching here is not the same anymore. 
      thanks in a d’avance for input 
    • By mjd18504
      Hey Folks. I received a notice from ACI notifying me that they are collecting on a debt that I owe PayPal of $513.12 which they are willing to settle at $384.85. I sent in a validation letter and they responded with a form letter and a list of charges against the account with a PayPal letterhead at the top. PayPal sent me the same letter prior to it going to collections. I have no issue with settling at $384.85 so long as the debt is considered fulfilled and they can't come back to collect on the remainder in the future. My wife and I made that mistake previously. Any help advising my next move is appreciated. Thank you! 

Validation Letter:

Re: Account Number: 123456789xxxx
          Creditor: PayPal, Inc
          Reference Number: 133824

This letter is sent in response to letter received by you on 12/23/2019. I am requesting that you provide verification of this debt.

Send the following information:

The name and address of the original creditor, the account number, and the amount owed.

Verification that there is a valid basis for claiming I am required to pay the current amount owed.

Details about the age and amount of the debt including a copy of the last billing statement from the original creditor; a detailed explanation any interest added or payments made since the last billing statement and the legal authorization for this interest; the date the original creditor claims this debt became delinquent.

Whether this debt is within the statute of limitations and how that was determined.

Details about your authority to collect this debt: whether you are licensed in my state and if so provide the date of the license, name on the license, license number, and the license number, and the name, address and telephone number of the state agency issuing the license. If you are contacting me from outside my state, provide the licensing information from your state as well.

I need more details about what you claim I owe so that I can make an informed decision.

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rloucks
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines