Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is this a possible violation???

In Nevada, the Governor informed all Collection Agencies they are non-essential business. As of March 20, 2020 He states all collection efforts with Nevada consumers/resident must cease effective midnight until April 16, 2020. Yesterday, I get a credit alert saying that my collection balance with up $1.00 (Interest). If the CA must cease all collections, did I catch them with a violation? Or, am I just reaching!! I printed out the letter from the Department of Business and Industry-Financial Institution Division.

In-state or out-of-state?  Yes, it appears to make a difference. 

It also appears that some activities which can be performed remotely are still permitted...

And...it should be noted that there appears to be an absence of actual sanction. 

So...absent additional information from an actual paper report and/or letter received via mail, you are grasping at the wind and grabbing nothing.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:13 AM, centex said:

In-state or out-of-state?  Yes, it appears to make a difference. 

It also appears that some activities which can be performed remotely are still permitted...

And...it should be noted that there appears to be an absence of actual sanction. 

So...absent additional information from an actual paper report and/or letter received via mail, you are grasping at the wind and grabbing nothing.

This is in-state. I received notification from both Credit Sesame and Credit Karma. I emailed the Office of the Commissioner in Las Vegas. They responded by saying they will do a full investigation. They said they just needed proof this happened after March 20, 2020 because sometimes CRA's are delayed. The supervisor of the Financial Institutions Division of Dept of Business and Industry said charging interest after March 20, 2020 is indeed not complying with Governor's order. I emailed them a screenshot of the alerts. In addition, they are doing an investigation on whether or not Quantum can legally charge interest. 

1 hour ago, Jay75 said:

This is in-state. I received notification from both Credit Sesame and Credit Karma. I emailed the Office of the Commissioner in Las Vegas. They responded by saying they will do a full investigation. They said they just needed proof this happened after March 20, 2020 because sometimes CRA's are delayed. The supervisor of the Financial Institutions Division of Dept of Business and Industry said charging interest after March 20, 2020 is indeed not complying with Governor's order. I emailed them a screenshot of the alerts. In addition, they are doing an investigation on whether or not Quantum can legally charge interest. 

Making a complaint based on a third-party tri-merge is the height of stupidity.

47 minutes ago, centex said:

Making a complaint based on a third-party tri-merge is the height of stupidity.

There are two complaints.  Charging interest when it is not in original contract/agreement. The second is charging interest after Governors orders. That's why they are going to investigate the CA which is what I wanted in the first place. I appreciate your opinion. However, the Office of Commissioner did not deem my complaint stupid. 

2 hours ago, Jay75 said:

There are two complaints.  Charging interest when it is not in original contract/agreement. The second is charging interest after Governors orders. That's why they are going to investigate the CA which is what I wanted in the first place. I appreciate your opinion. However, the Office of Commissioner did not deem my complaint stupid. 

My money would be on you having gotten the generic F5 reply...but hey, you do you. 

5 hours ago, Jay75 said:

Charging interest when it is not in original contract/agreement.

What type of debt is this?

Doesn't sound like a violation as long as they closed down for the specified time. Interest is allowed by law, and may  be automatically applied by some computer program. Are these idiots really going to conduct some full scale investigation over $1.00? What a waste of time and taxpayer money.