Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Ally Bank

3 hours ago, mckbulldog02 said:

i got denied at first tech because they said i have a fraud statement on my experian and i would need to call experian to remove the fraud alert and then i would have to reapply. so now i got to fool around removing that alert when i didnt even place it on there. she said i put it on there 03/19. she said my chexsystems wasnt the issue. 

Wow that sucks, yea when I applied over the phone nothing was mentioned about my frozen chexsystems nor my experian, now i'm debating if I want to keep the Ally account lol, if first tech business account allows me to zelle, that than i can just zelle myself my pay, I'd prefer t on have personal and business same financial institution. And not have to deal with multiple. I don't know how people can have more than 1 account for personal things.

9 hours ago, SchoolLoan said:

Wow that sucks, yea when I applied over the phone nothing was mentioned about my frozen chexsystems nor my experian, now i'm debating if I want to keep the Ally account lol, if first tech business account allows me to zelle, that than i can just zelle myself my pay, I'd prefer t on have personal and business same financial institution. And not have to deal with multiple. I don't know how people can have more than 1 account for personal things.

I called Experian and got the alert removed. I then called First Tech to apply by phone, that was a nightmare. The rep doing the application kept saying i would get an email to finish it. I never did. I waited about 2 hours and no email. I re-applied online and called back to see what the status is. I was told i still have to wait atleast 3 business days for a decision. She said account opening is not instant even in a branch. She did reach out to new accounts and they verified the block was removed. The rep did say the would look at my credit report to make sure the info matches and then did say they will run a chexsystems report as well. Soon as that comes back froze, im sure it will be denied. 

2 hours ago, mckbulldog02 said:

I called Experian and got the alert removed. I then called First Tech to apply by phone, that was a nightmare. The rep doing the application kept saying i would get an email to finish it. I never did. I waited about 2 hours and no email. I re-applied online and called back to see what the status is. I was told i still have to wait atleast 3 business days for a decision. She said account opening is not instant even in a branch. She did reach out to new accounts and they verified the block was removed. The rep did say the would look at my credit report to make sure the info matches and then did say they will run a chexsystems report as well. Soon as that comes back froze, im sure it will be denied. 

Update : First Tech denied the application and said a letter will be mailed out. They didnt say why. 

3 hours ago, mckbulldog02 said:

Update : First Tech denied the application and said a letter will be mailed out. They didnt say why. 

Very weird, I had to submit proof of identification id,statements etc. Meaning since they were opened I don't see why they would close it down the road. Please come back and say why it was declined 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, SchoolLoan said:

Very weird, I had to submit proof of identification id,statements etc. Meaning since they were opened I don't see why they would close it down the road. Please come back and say why it was declined 

Now today, I received a secure email asking for a copy of ID front and back, SSN front and back, and copy of utility bill. I sent it back. Does this mean I will be approved or can it still be a no. They did call me today to advise the application wasnt denied as they looked at someone elses by mistake. 

1 hour ago, mckbulldog02 said:

Now today, I received a secure email asking for a copy of ID front and back, SSN front and back, and copy of utility bill. I sent it back. Does this mean I will be approved or can it still be a no. They did call me today to advise the application wasnt denied as they looked at someone elses by mistake. 

Similar process to mine yup

On 4/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, tmcgill said:

I've heard that freezing Chexsystems worked for some. They were able to open and keep accounts with Ally.

Wait two statement cycles before starting direct deposit or bill pay.

How old is the negative Chexsystems information? Others have told me they have negative entries nearing the 5 year mark and were approved.  **With negative Chexsystems or EWS file info, always keep a non-Chex non-EWS account.

Maintain access to needed funds by having more than one account:

Account #1 - Household Bills Only

Account #2 or Debit Card - Point of Sales and Internet Purchases Only

Account #3 - Emergency Funds/Savings Only

Option #4 - Investments Only

any experience with first tech federal credit union approving with frozen chex?

I got another update: They did turn me down, The email said that they were unable to verify my information in the application. I sent them the documents in clear color copy to their email. So i dont know what the issue is. Says to contact Experian. I was able to in the mean time while waiting for approval to get the account, i was able to get one at Park Community Credit Union. They use just a credit report. My score allowed me to get a regular account and not their 2nd chance account.  only downfall with that bank, no shared branching or mobile deposits for 6 months. First Tech's application process takes way too long an the hold times take too long. Let me know how the business account opening goes. I cant even get a business account there now since Im not a member. They said I have to be a member already to open the business account. 

On 4/9/2020 at 9:13 PM, SchoolLoan said:

Similar process to mine yup

I was finally approved today, the Fraud Dept called me to verify my documents because of the issues new accounts was having retrieving and viewing the documents. They advised me all new account holders are under a 90 day limited restriction. Are you able to do mobile deposits, send money using zelle, etc. But yes my account was opened. How long did it take to get the business account opened. I already have application to fill out and send back. 

23 hours ago, mckbulldog02 said:

I was finally approved today, the Fraud Dept called me to verify my documents because of the issues new accounts was having retrieving and viewing the documents. They advised me all new account holders are under a 90 day limited restriction. Are you able to do mobile deposits, send money using zelle, etc. But yes my account was opened. How long did it take to get the business account opened. I already have application to fill out and send back. 

Are you referring to first tech? My business account was opened 2-3 days aftee my personal.

49 minutes ago, SchoolLoan said:

Are you referring to first tech? My business account was opened 2-3 days aftee my personal.

Yes... First Tech. I just emailed the business account forms back. Do they send an email once that is approved, or do they call. I have only had the personal account opened 2 days now 

10 hours ago, mckbulldog02 said:

Yes... First Tech. I just emailed the business account forms back. Do they send an email once that is approved, or do they call. I have only had the personal account opened 2 days now 

It was via email, and with them i dont think ill wait 2 statement cycles since most credit unions do manual reviews on applicants if anything had come up that would cause you not to get membership they would of denied you by now. 

Just to confirm it looks like we have 2 people who applied at First Tech for personal accounts, with decent credit and a frozen chexsystem? And then went on to fill out business applications? Usually once credit union accounts are open after a manual review, they dont often close them, as the review is completed in the beginning .. before account opening.. as it should be.

This would be good news to people with a decent credit score.. if you guys happen to check your EWS report in the future, be sure to lookout for a First Tech inquiry and let us know if it comes up - as with all institutions they sometimes change data systems.. and if you are getting approved at Ally it stands to reason that with a clean EWS and decent credit First Tech is a good match. Thanks for the data points, guys.

15 hours ago, stevensmileyx said:

Just to confirm it looks like we have 2 people who applied at First Tech for personal accounts, with decent credit and a frozen chexsystem? And then went on to fill out business applications? Usually once credit union accounts are open after a manual review, they dont often close them, as the review is completed in the beginning .. before account opening.. as it should be.

This would be good news to people with a decent credit score.. if you guys happen to check your EWS report in the future, be sure to lookout for a First Tech inquiry and let us know if it comes up - as with all institutions they sometimes change data systems.. and if you are getting approved at Ally it stands to reason that with a clean EWS and decent credit First Tech is a good match. Thanks for the data points, guys.

According to navyfed i have a dirty EWS. I always that thought Ally used EWS. But the loophole is in getting the savings first with Ally once you have online access(instantly after opening savings) apply for the checking. As far as first tech im not sure why they decided to open. I was just testing my luck I guess with a frozen chex lol

5 hours ago, SchoolLoan said:

According to navyfed i have a dirty EWS. I always that thought Ally used EWS. But the loophole is in getting the savings first with Ally once you have online access(instantly after opening savings) apply for the checking. As far as first tech im not sure why they decided to open. I was just testing my luck I guess with a frozen chex lol

My ally account is still open. I have my card and checks already from Ally and have been using zelle. I like First Tech FCU as well because they offer Zelle. I am still waiting to have my business account opened at First tech, I emailed the application on 4/15/20. I wonder if First Tech thinks the credit report is frozen and not knowing the difference if its chexsystems or not. When you opened your accounts, was it all before the covid-19 stuff. I opened mine during this pandemic and have had long hold times and they are taking longer to process applications. 

On 4/21/2020 at 4:22 PM, SchoolLoan said:

Update as of 04/22/2020: At 5:00PM PST i received  an email from First Tech Fed and the business accounts were approved and opened. Took 7-8 days to process the application during the corona pandemic