CoreLogic Shenanigans

RehabbingANDBlabbing

The last post in this topic was posted 1529 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

As part of my ongoing project to clean up my credit and remove erroneous information, I have been getting my reports from the smaller, lesser known bureaus. A few have them have had basically no information on me at all, but a few have had significant amounts of completely unrelated information, old information from 10+ years ago, and stuff I just did not expect to see. I have been working on this project for about a year, and I have cleaned up all the errors on my Chexsystems, Clairty Services, LexisNexis, Sagestream, ARS, Early Warning Services, DataX, and others. I have chosen to freeze many of them, and there are definitely some more stubborn ones out there that will not remove stuff, such as FactorTrust and Innovis. ARS even went back and forth with me for 3 months before they would send me my report!

I recently discovered that CoreLogic maintains not just one type of report, but 3. When I started working on this stuff last year, I was under the impression that they had only 1 or maybe 2, but someone in the know pointed this third one out to me. The first two are CoreLogic Rental Solutions and CoreLogic Teletrack. I highly recommend checking your rental report with them, because we pulled my husband's and it listed a criminal conviction completely unrelated to him on it, so they have a propensity to make some pretty huge errors. They removed it after we disputed, but still, it was in Washington state and my husband has been in Texas his whole life. Other than the name, there were no other matching identifiers. My rental report was basically clean except for an inquiry from when I applied to lease my most recent apartment. The Teletrack report has mainly names, address, employers, phone numbers, and emails. Many of that data was copied from TransUnion and Experian. There were also a lot of inquiries on there for pre-qualified offers and for when I have applied for credit. I am unsure if creditors are pulling this directly, or if this info is being copied, like the personal information.

Anyway, those 2 reports were pretty straight forward. However, once I found out about the third one, I ordered it as well. This report is called CoreLogic Credco, but the report they sent me mentions a different name on the report itself, which is Credit Star Instant Merge Credit Report. That's not even the weirdest part. The report they sent me was dated 04/02/2014! I looked through it, and it was basically a time capsule back to my credit history in 2014. I am unsure if they sent me this accidentally or if this database has maybe been shutdown, but it does not show any activity later than the date of the report. I have ever seen anything like it. In addition, I would say this bureau had the most credit information out of any of them that are outside of the big 4 bureaus. They had basically all my credit cards, my auto loans, my student loans, inquiries, personal information, etc listed on this report.

Does anyone else have any knowledge to share about this particular database/bureau?

CoreLogic is a publicly-traded company (NYSE:CLGX).  

On of their business units is Credco (https://www.corelogic.com/solutions/credit-solutions-mortgage.aspx), who offers an ordering platform called Credstar (https://www.corelogic.com/solutions/credstar.aspx

Instant Merge is the trademarked name for Credco's merged credit report product (they buy credit data from the big three and merge it together into a consolidated credit report, commonly used for mortgage qualification) .  https://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/instant-merge-datasheet.pdf

Did you apply for a mortgage in April 2014?  If so, that's probably the report Credco delivered to the mortgage company who ran your credit.

Edited by cv91915

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

CoreLogic is a publicly-traded company (NYSE:CLGX).  

On of their business units is Credco (https://www.corelogic.com/solutions/credit-solutions-mortgage.aspx), who offers an ordering platform called Credstar (https://www.corelogic.com/solutions/credstar.aspx

Instant Merge is the trademarked name for Credco's merged credit report product (they buy credit data from the big three and merge it together into a consolidated credit report, commonly used for mortgage qualification) .  https://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/instant-merge-datasheet.pdf

Did you apply for a mortgage in April 2014?  If so, that's probably the report Credco delivered to the mortgage company who ran your credit.

I do not recall applying for a mortgage prior to maybe 10/2015. But why would they send me a report from over 6 years ago? It's weird and none of the other reports from this company have data that is similar or even relative to the date in the CredStar one. At some point in 2015, I had entertained the idea of buying a house. But I realized it was a mistake at the time and cancelled the deal. Maybe this data is leftover from then, but it is still strange IMO.

1 hour ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

I do not recall applying for a mortgage prior to maybe 10/2015. But why would they send me a report from over 6 years ago? It's weird and none of the other reports from this company have data that is similar or even relative to the date in the CredStar one. At some point in 2015, I had entertained the idea of buying a house. But I realized it was a mistake at the time and cancelled the deal. Maybe this data is leftover from then, but it is still strange IMO.

On an Instant Merge credit report, Credco is not the data repository.  They just buy the data, merge it, and present it.  They'd have nothing else to show you except a report they produced at a point in time.

On some of their other lines of business, they are the repository.

54 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

On an Instant Merge credit report, Credco is not the data repository.  They just buy the data, merge it, and present it.  They'd have nothing else to show you except a report they produced at a point in time.

On some of their other lines of business, they are the repository.

That makes a lot of sense. So they they collected my data from all 3 credit bureaus at some point, and they have just held onto it since then?  I am still disputing any inaccurate information, no matter how old the information they have is, LOL. Maybe I should dispute the entire report, hahaha.

50 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

That makes a lot of sense. So they they collected my data from all 3 credit bureaus at some point, and they have just held onto it since then?  I am still disputing any inaccurate information, no matter how old the information they have is, LOL. Maybe I should dispute the entire report, hahaha.

corelogic is not collecting your data until the report is generated; basically it is a portal that grabs data from three CRAs to produce the trimerged report. apparently, however, they save those reports. I'd be curious to know how long they hold on to the data/reports.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I sent out a dispute to them. There were a couple of old negative items showing on that report that were long past the 7 year mark, so I pointed those out specifically for my dispute. I also mentioned in the letter that they sent me a report from 2014 and that I was unsure if they sent it in error. I told them that if it was not sent in error, that I dispute the validity of all information contained in the file because it was so old. Well, they wrote back and said, "Unfortunately, there is not enough information to process your request. In an effort to serve you better, we ask that you please contact one of our customer service representatives."

I'm going to call them later today just to see what they say. My curiosity is reasonably piqued at this point. Especially since I gave them all of my personal information and ID verification documents in my dispute letter. If they could not find my report using that information, then maybe the original one was sent in error. But if they are using this as a stall tactic for disputes, it would seem to me that they are violating the FCRA by refusing to process my perfectly valid dispute. I'll report back.

dispute the validity of all information contained in the file

if they are using this as a stall tactic for disputes, it would seem to me that they are violating the FCRA by refusing to process my perfectly valid dispute

That dispute is perfectly frivolous, and they can ignore it.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/consumer-reports-what-information-furnishers-need-know 

You also are not required to investigate disputes that are frivolous or irrelevant, as defined by the Rule:

• the consumer didn’t provide enough information

51 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

That dispute is perfectly frivolous, and they can ignore it.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/consumer-reports-what-information-furnishers-need-know 

You also are not required to investigate disputes that are frivolous or irrelevant, as defined by the Rule:

• the consumer didn’t provide enough information

Unfortunately, I did provide enough information. I disputed several specific accounts first, and then mentioned I disputed the rest of the file based on the date of the report. Even if they did not accept my dispute of the full file, my specific disputes were clearly articulated and therefore, valid. Even if they deemed my dispute of the full file frivolous, I do not see how they could lawfully ignore the specific accounts I disputed that were beyond the 7 year SOL.

3 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Unfortunately, I did provide enough information. I disputed several specific accounts first, and then mentioned I disputed the rest of the file based on the date of the report. Even if they did not accept my dispute of the full file, my specific disputes were clearly articulated and therefore, valid. Even if they deemed my dispute of the full file frivolous, I do not see how they could lawfully ignore the specific accounts I disputed that were beyond the 7 year SOL.

No reasonable person or company would take seriously a letter that disputes everything in a credit report.  That's worse than a "not mine" dispute for something that clearly is.

Edited by cv91915

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

No reasonable person or company would take seriously a letter that disputes everything in a credit report.  That's worse than a "not mine" dispute for something that clearly is.

I mean, they did send me a report from 6 years ago. How can I take them seriously?

I did get them on the phone today. The representative was semi-helpful. I asked her where they are getting the data from and why I got the old report. She said this particular report is only generated when you apply for a mortgage, which I believe I did around this time. They basically obtain all 3 of your major credit reports for the lender to whom you applied for a mortgage with and supply it to them, but they also keep a copy of it on file. I asked her if they are furnishing this data to anyone because I was concerned about some out-of-SOL negative items showing in this old report, and she said that this information is not furnished to anyone besides the original lender who pulled it through them. 

44 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

I mean, they did send me a report from 6 years ago. How can I take them seriously?

I did get them on the phone today. The representative was semi-helpful. I asked her where they are getting the data from and why I got the old report. She said this particular report is only generated when you apply for a mortgage, which I believe I did around this time. They basically obtain all 3 of your major credit reports for the lender to whom you applied for a mortgage with and supply it to them, but they also keep a copy of it on file. I asked her if they are furnishing this data to anyone because I was concerned about some out-of-SOL negative items showing in this old report, and she said that this information is not furnished to anyone besides the original lender who pulled it through them. 

:)

The last post in this topic was posted 1529 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.