Sign in to follow this  
Burgerwars

Places that use Chex or EWS. From my reports.

I recently received both my free annual reports. Here are the inquiries I see. Some might be soft inquiries, but I can't tell. I hope it is of help for some.

Chex:

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union

Umpqua Bank

State Farm Bank

Fifth Third Bank

GS Bank (when I applied for the Apple credit card)

EWS:

Citibank credit cards (many). I think these are softs for when I paid a card online.

SoFi

Bank of America (I didn't apply for a checking with them in the past three years, so I'm unsure what this was for)

Fifth Third Bank

BBVA (Compass)

My Chex report is very short. Just the inquiries and not much else. My EWS report was over 220 pages. A lot of crap. What made it long were banks reporting my balance daily, even if there was no change.

I like to make sure my EWS is nice and clean. There is a lot of junk on there and a lot of duplicate and incorrect information and the fact that its not just for account opening anymore makes it even more important. I went to pay my Verizon wireless bill once and they declined the payment due to EWS. I had mistyped my account number - I was lucky they caught it.. but also interested to see how expansive it is getting and how important it is for everyone to know whats on there and have more control over it. 

Just recently got an email about a class action lawsuit against EWS and what they are doing to settle it and provide consumers better resources for disputing and clearing up wrong information. 

Even applying for credit cards these days they want your bank login. 

Chexsystems and EWS are marketing their services as another tool to get a "complete financial analysis and profile" for consumers.

Edited by tmcgill