Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Sent HiPAA Letter with Payment, no response, no check deposit

Greetings, had a recent bill go to collections because the provider was too much of a jerk to take payments.  Sent payment in full with HiPAA letter following the directions precisely.  They have not responded nor presented the check for payment and it has been longer than the 10 business day allowance.  What do I do next?  :)

It has NOT hit my credit report yet, but had been sent to the TOTAL A-HOLE collection agency I have delt with before.

Wait a another 20 days. The OC has had to figure out how to handle the payment. If it still hasn't been deposited within the next 20 days, send a letter (regular mail) or call the OC and ask for the security office. Tell them that a payment that was signed for by (name on green card) has not been deposited and you are concerned that it might have been misappropriated. ( you DID follow the instructions about sending it CMRR didn't you? https://whychat.me/hipltr.html)

On 3/27/2020 at 12:14 PM, Why Chat said:

Wait a another 20 days. The OC has had to figure out how to handle the payment. If it still hasn't been deposited within the next 20 days, send a letter (regular mail) or call the OC and ask for the security office. Tell them that a payment that was signed for by (name on green card) has not been deposited and you are concerned that it might have been misappropriated. ( you DID follow the instructions about sending it CMRR didn't you? https://whychat.me/hipltr.html)

I sure did!  I have certified receipt and greenie.  THANK YOU!!