Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Chris90

Prepping for Bk 7 Pulled Report and SYNC/PP is showing?

Recommended Posts

We are preparing to file Bk 7 so reading here I learned to pull my annual report. I just noticed a payment 30 days late showed up from a company that I never had, never owed etc.

It is Sync/PP which I find out is paypal and collected by Synchrony Bank. Funny thing is I have a paypal account, have had for years and I dont owe them a dime.

I am learning as I go and notice they did not even send me a dunning letter to dispute it.

Can they just pop up a negative, open account on your report out of the blue?

 

Also an inquiry from Preferred CMS, who the heck is Preferred CMS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris90 said:

We are preparing to file Bk 7 so reading here I learned to pull my annual report. I just noticed a payment 30 days late showed up from a company that I never had, never owed etc.

It is Sync/PP which I find out is paypal and collected by Synchrony Bank. Funny thing is I have a paypal account, have had for years and I dont owe them a dime.

I am learning as I go and notice they did not even send me a dunning letter to dispute it.

Can they just pop up a negative, open account on your report out of the blue?

 

Also an inquiry from Preferred CMS, who the heck is Preferred CMS?

Did you, at any time ever financing through PayPal (IE:  Their "Bill Me Later" program)?   If so, that created the trade-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted, BillMeLater was acquired by PayPal and later morphed into the Synchrony managed PayPal Credit.  It remained a hidden line for many for several years, but began reporting sometime last fall.  If you had BML, then you basically became a PPC account holder by default...there was, as I recall, an acknowledgement that one had to affirmatively make about acceptance of the change in terms if the service was going to still be utilized.  This was PRIOR to the reporting having commenced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, gerray said:

Did you, at any time ever financing through PayPal (IE:  Their "Bill Me Later" program)?   If so, that created the trade-line.

No, never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, centex said:

As noted, BillMeLater was acquired by PayPal and later morphed into the Synchrony managed PayPal Credit.  It remained a hidden line for many for several years, but began reporting sometime last fall.  If you had BML, then you basically became a PPC account holder by default...there was, as I recall, an acknowledgement that one had to affirmatively make about acceptance of the change in terms if the service was going to still be utilized.  This was PRIOR to the reporting having commenced...

I disputed it and it came back verfied. No way can they verify it, I never had bill me later and have a paypal account is great standing still today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  




  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      178,467
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    Gojira87
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines