Sign in to follow this  
Chris90

Prepping for Bk 7 Pulled Report and SYNC/PP is showing?

We are preparing to file Bk 7 so reading here I learned to pull my annual report. I just noticed a payment 30 days late showed up from a company that I never had, never owed etc.

It is Sync/PP which I find out is paypal and collected by Synchrony Bank. Funny thing is I have a paypal account, have had for years and I dont owe them a dime.

I am learning as I go and notice they did not even send me a dunning letter to dispute it.

Can they just pop up a negative, open account on your report out of the blue?

Also an inquiry from Preferred CMS, who the heck is Preferred CMS?

1 hour ago, Chris90 said:

We are preparing to file Bk 7 so reading here I learned to pull my annual report. I just noticed a payment 30 days late showed up from a company that I never had, never owed etc.

It is Sync/PP which I find out is paypal and collected by Synchrony Bank. Funny thing is I have a paypal account, have had for years and I dont owe them a dime.

I am learning as I go and notice they did not even send me a dunning letter to dispute it.

Can they just pop up a negative, open account on your report out of the blue?

Also an inquiry from Preferred CMS, who the heck is Preferred CMS?

Did you, at any time ever financing through PayPal (IE:  Their "Bill Me Later" program)?   If so, that created the trade-line.

As noted, BillMeLater was acquired by PayPal and later morphed into the Synchrony managed PayPal Credit.  It remained a hidden line for many for several years, but began reporting sometime last fall.  If you had BML, then you basically became a PPC account holder by default...there was, as I recall, an acknowledgement that one had to affirmatively make about acceptance of the change in terms if the service was going to still be utilized.  This was PRIOR to the reporting having commenced...

On 3/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, gerray said:

Did you, at any time ever financing through PayPal (IE:  Their "Bill Me Later" program)?   If so, that created the trade-line.

No, never.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, centex said:

As noted, BillMeLater was acquired by PayPal and later morphed into the Synchrony managed PayPal Credit.  It remained a hidden line for many for several years, but began reporting sometime last fall.  If you had BML, then you basically became a PPC account holder by default...there was, as I recall, an acknowledgement that one had to affirmatively make about acceptance of the change in terms if the service was going to still be utilized.  This was PRIOR to the reporting having commenced...

I disputed it and it came back verfied. No way can they verify it, I never had bill me later and have a paypal account is great standing still today.