Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

What supplies did you buy today? List yours.

8 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I don't voluntarily visit the Left Coast. I prefer to see the sun rise over the ocean, not set.

Been to both. Given a choice, I prefer the West Coast over the East Coast. Some friends who live on the East Coast disagree, but that's OK :)   We are still friends and enjoy our visits.

Edited by NorCalR1

• Almond milk
  • Protein shakes (delivered to Auntie's front porch along with a 5# lasagna I made for her last night)
  • 3 quarter sheet pans
  • Peanut butter filled pretzels
  • Diet Coke (four 12 packs)
  • Butter (free at Vons)
  • Aluminum foil
  • Flour tortillas
  • 2 maple glazed donuts
  • Grated cheese

I tried to buy four 3# packages of bacon at Costco this morning, but they would only sell me one package.

The rationing signs were only present in the fresh meat/butcher section (3 packages per household per visit). 

I had a package of chicken and a package of salmon...  so I'm not sure if bacon was "Limit: 1" but not marked as such, or I hit "Limit: 3" on "meat" that was displayed elsewhere in the store.

Aside from the usual menagerie of other food supplies, we also both got eye exams without appointments (in and out in under 30 minutes), but we won't be able to pick out glasses until that department opens on 6/1. 

These will be TAD's first glasses ever, so I'm thinking about tricking him into choosing something really hideous.

Edited by cv91915

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I tried to buy four 3# packages of bacon at Costco this morning, but they would only sell me one package.

The rationing signs were only present in the fresh meat/butcher section (3 packages per household per visit). 

My local TJ's is both asking people to come less frequently and limiting all purchases to two of each. 

Under normal circumstances, I go once a week on Friday nights at 8PM and my kids are extremely picky, and we all have habits. So it's not unusual for me to buy:

• 4x TJ's chipwiches;
  • 4x cold brew;
  • 3x heavy cream;
  • 4x cheddar rockets;
  • 4x Indian hot pockets;
  • 4x parmesan pastry pups.

Etc, etc. It's a pain to have to replace the stuff we use that much of with other stuff which might not be as useful, and also to find more expensive replacements so we don't run out of things during the week.

It would make sense to limit specific things, because there were items clearly in demand and a lot of stocks of the stuff I tend to stock, and I didn't even want to ask if it was okay to buy a few more of the things we normally buy.