Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.


What supplies did you buy today? List yours.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TheVig said:

DW wants to travel by train between Philly and NYC via train this fall. Figured I might as well earn 4x on the purchase. 

I won't ask WHY your DW wants to torture herself by going to NYC, I'll just say if this is going to be a habit, get the BoA Amtrak Guest Rewards card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I won't ask WHY your DW wants to torture herself by going to NYC, I'll just say if this is going to be a habit, get the BoA Amtrak Guest Rewards card.

It won't be a habit. Sure as hell won't be no Amtrak card either. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DW sent me a pic of signs her grocery store chain is getting ready to deploy thru out the stores. Sorry, I can't post a pic yet.

 

I'll give you a hint on which stores. Think Kroger, along with all the chains they own. For those not in the know, Kroger is not just Kroger, they own a shyt load chains under other banners.

 

Limiting the quantity you can buy on many items to just two each. Canned veggies, beef, chicken, pasta, frozen veggies, frozen entrees, many types of condiments, etc, etc, etc.

 

Because of recent past hoarding, a strain has been placed on food processors. A lot of people don't understand how all this works. A very simplified example, is that under normal times Del Monte and others only can corn, peas, beans, etc a few months out of the year. They can so much, you would never know that little tid bit, under normal times. Have massive hoard run, then it clicks that most of this stuff is tied to growing seasons, and all kinds of contracts with farmers, etc.

 

We are always well stocked during normal times. Plus, there is farmers markets, the unwashed masses around here haven't figured out yet.

 

Prices are rising. Hoard now, and hoard often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't buy anything beyond our usual purchases but are using up stuff in the freezer/refrig. more so when we shop we buy more, but aren't shopping as often. Also, only one of us shops at a time. In normal times we both shop after dining out. The latter ain't happening now. Also, no fast food at all. Used to get pizza now and then.

 

Other than that, not much has changed. Miss going out to eat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, TheVig said:

Delta and Amtrak gift cards at the grocery store. 

 

DW wants to travel by train between Philly and NYC via train this fall. Figured I might as well earn 4x on the purchase. 

I've done that, and am trying to think of what would make someone think that would be special.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pam said:

I've done that, and am trying to think of what would make someone think that would be special.  

 

 

 

She's not really looking at the train ride as being special. She simply wants to go to NYC. I pretty much refuse to drive in NYC. So since we will be in Philly on business anyway, train would be the compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one is a baker these days and we are not finding any un-salted butter in Costco... hate to step into other grocery chains as they are not following mask rules as Coscto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krish said:

Every one is a baker these days and we are not finding any un-salted butter in Costco... hate to step into other grocery chains as they are not following mask rules as Coscto

I had to buy yeast on eBay because it's easier to get DMT nowadays. 

 

Last night I got a 50 lb. bag of flour and instantly wondered if it was enough. Shipping is expensive though. But I went through 10 lbs. of flour since Sunday so like ... AGH how do I do this? I've been incrementally buying butter but this ish is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, smartlypretty said:

I had to buy yeast on eBay because it's easier to get DMT nowadays. 

 

Last night I got a 50 lb. bag of flour and instantly wondered if it was enough. Shipping is expensive though. But I went through 10 lbs. of flour since Sunday so like ... AGH how do I do this? I've been incrementally buying butter but this ish is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Maybe I should start up a closet retirement fund...most of those items are readily available here. 

 

What am I bid LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 3:16 AM, TheVig said:

She's not really looking at the train ride as being special. She simply wants to go to NYC. I pretty much refuse to drive in NYC. So since we will be in Philly on business anyway, train would be the compromise.

OK that makes way more sense.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped by the grocery store in the way home. I need salt, sugar, milk and toothpaste. Some crazy man was inside the airlock screaming at two of the store employees. Decided I could wait until tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, kaylee34 said:

Stopped by the grocery store in the way home. I need salt, sugar, milk and toothpaste. Some crazy man was inside the airlock screaming at two of the store employees. Decided I could wait until tomorrow.

 

Wonder if it was over a face mask. Sometimes, I hear folks outside stores debating the whole issue of face masks and individual rights. I just ignore and go about my way, but still, there are some people who object to face masks, period. They are faced with a decision: Go into a store where it clearly says face masks are required, and risk a confrontation. Or just suck it up, and put it on.

 

I've seen both sides. But I can tell you that at least from my observations, store workers are becoming less and less willing to enforce it if it progresses to a physical confrontation. They (workers) hope that peer pressure will work.

 

You just don't know. If you try enforcement on the wrong person, you might end up with a long-term injury. Thus managers do not get involved and ask lower level workers to handle on their own.

 

In California, we have a zero-bail policy, so even if arrested, you are released within 2 hours due to covid19 in the jails. We have news reports of upticks in crime to reduce prison populations. After they commit crimes after release, they are re-released same day with no means to survive.

 

 

 

 

Edited by NorCalR1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad that the store I frequent is not pushing the mask issue...even most of the employees are not wearing them.  Amazing when common sense finally rules the day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorCalR1 said:

 

Wonder if it was over a face mask. Sometimes, I hear folks outside stores debating the whole issue of face masks and individual rights. I just ignore and go about my way, but still, there are some people who object to face masks, period. They are faced with a decision: Go into a store where it clearly says face masks are required, and risk a confrontation. Or just suck it up, and put it on.

 

I've seen both sides. But I can tell you that at least from my observations, store workers are becoming less and less willing to enforce it if it progresses to a physical confrontation. They (workers) hope that peer pressure will work.

 

You just don't know. If you try enforcement on the wrong person, you might end up with a long-term injury. Thus managers do not get involved and ask lower level workers to handle on their own.

 

In California, we have a zero-bail policy, so even if arrested, you are released within 2 hours due to covid19 in the jails. We have news reports of upticks in crime to reduce prison populations. After they commit crimes after release, they are re-released same day with no means to survive.

 

 

 

 

 

It is nice that they're releasing child molesters without bail so they can harm other children, so we don't risk the perpetrators getting Covid (which would be much worse!).  

 

And then there's this crowd:  Inmates at one California jail tried to infect themselves with coronavirus, Los Angeles Sheriff says

 

This state is turning into a human zoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorCalR1 said:

 

Wonder if it was over a face mask. Sometimes, I hear folks outside stores debating the whole issue of face masks and individual rights. I just ignore and go about my way, but still, there are some people who object to face masks, period. They are faced with a decision: Go into a store where it clearly says face masks are required, and risk a confrontation. Or just suck it up, and put it on.

 

From talking with one of the employees it seems this guy is a pretty frequent flyer for picking up little bits of Western Union money. Apparently he got bent out of shape because someone had sent him $10 and they wouldn't let him pick it up without his ID. Rules are rules. I'd have just given the dude $10 if I'd known that's all it was. It's not worth all that nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuck on the o u t e r n e t for hours today, got:

  • draino
  • a cat6 cable
  • an ethernet switch
  • rid of my old cable boxes
  • Pizza Hut
  • lost bc my teenager was driving.

The only nearby Pizza Hut also happens to be near the only nearby botánica which closed early, so I am without incense, grave dirt, belladonna, and AA Michael stuff :( I still have a 10 pack of cards with some left but I gave some away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Costco and found un-salted butter. Grabbed a 4 pack as 1 is the limit. 

Got bunch of other junk food and "stuff" for household. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

 

It is nice that they're releasing child molesters without bail so they can harm other children, so we don't risk the perpetrators getting Covid (which would be much worse!).  

 

And then there's this crowd:  Inmates at one California jail tried to infect themselves with coronavirus, Los Angeles Sheriff says

 

This state is turning into a human zoo.

And people I know out there wonder why I refuse to visit the left coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kaylee34 said:

And people I know out there wonder why I refuse to visit the left coast.

I don't voluntarily visit the Left Coast. I prefer to see the sun rise over the ocean, not set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cv91915 said:

It is nice that they're releasing child molesters without bail so they can harm other children, so we don't risk the perpetrators getting Covid (which would be much worse!).  

 

And then there's this crowd:  Inmates at one California jail tried to infect themselves with coronavirus, Los Angeles Sheriff says

 

This state is turning into a human zoo.

You have the animal poop out in the streets in San Francisco. There's your zoo.

 

Chicago let a bunch of murderous raping inmates out of their jails, in order to make room for those violating isolation rules and curfew/quarantine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I don't voluntarily visit the Left Coast. I prefer to see the sun rise over the ocean, not set.

😕I guess the golden rule doesn't apply to everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Today's Birthdays

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      178,621
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    TheBakers
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines