Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

And so the COVID-19 job losses and evictions begin

14 hours ago, kaylee34 said:

If people would show just a little less self centeredness, pull their heads out of their nether regions and simply do as they’re asked to do for their own benefit and the benefit of others, it wouldn’t be necessary to roll anything back. 

Of course, me me me won’t do that so they’ll have to be nannied into it. Again. Then me me me will whine when they’re not working, bored stiff, broke and can’t pay their bills. Again. 

The policies show themselves to be a joke when you have idiots like Lincoln County (Oregon) that write a mask policy that SPECIFICALLY allows persons of color to self-exclude themselves from it...and no, it was NOT a joke from the Babylon Bee.  The policy ACTUALLY provides the exclusion language.

1 hour ago, centex said:

The policies show themselves to be a joke when you have idiots like Lincoln County (Oregon) that write a mask policy that SPECIFICALLY allows persons of color to self-exclude themselves from it...and no, it was NOT a joke from the Babylon Bee.  The policy ACTUALLY provides the exclusion language.

"I identify as..."

Problem solved. You can't question that.

11 hours ago, centex said:

Joke and idiot is putting it mildly. So much I could say. I won’t. 

It might be no coincidence Elijah McClain was trending all day yesterday -- possibly in concert with people finding such an exemption humorous or pointless.

There have been a trickle of stories of black people with masks being asked to leave places and things like that.

McClain wore a mask for medical reasons and was killed by police officers late last year. Reading his last words was extremely difficult. I was going to paste them here but they're just heartbreaking.

I'm not black so I can't say exactly what it feels like to have to wear a mask in public and be black, but I also understand this particular decision was probably predicated on related incidents. 

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

I remember way back when I was a child the gorilla that would break out of his cage and charge the onlookers. That was so funny. Good memories. But that was at Circus Circus. Never mind, brain fart.

Edited by StarkRaven$

4 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

It'll be interesting to see how colleges and universities make it through. Might be a few people who'll need to learn to code in the fall.

While usually used as a pejorative,

Coding is fun. More fun than smoking pot. More fun than crack. And without the downside.  Hence one can easily become obsessed with coding. One of the programmers I worked with that had only finished high school but was somehow drawn into it and became quite skilled, once remarked: "I can't believe I get paid to do this!"

It's like doing magic.

Even the most jaded late-career coders I’ve met still routinely marvel at the eldritch nature of their work. “A few hundred years ago in my native New England, an accurate description of my occupation would have gotten me burned at the stake,” as the programmer Danny Hillis once wrote

But now you get big bucks doing it without being burned at the stake.

My apartment complex sure knows how to pour salt on already festering financial wounds.

Effective immediately. All payments made online by electronic check will now have a $1.95 convenience fee added to the payment. 

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

My apartment complex sure knows how to pour salt on already festering financial wounds.

Effective immediately. All payments made online by electronic check will now have a $1.95 convenience fee added to the payment. 

I hope they charge a convenience fee for paying in subprime cash. think of the risk of accepting all that cash and trusting an employee to take it to the bank.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

I hope they charge a convenience fee for paying in subprime cash. think of the risk of accepting all that cash and trusting an employee to take it to the bank.

Cash is not accepted.