gdtobefree

Corona virus and credit reports

Well unfortunately, this last weekend, beaches, trails, and parks in popular places along the coast were crowded, and in open defiance of the Governor's and County ordinances, so the restrictions are starting to tighten in terms of closures of public open space preserves. SF locally may follow if citizens do not abide by the shelter in place order.

This coming weekend will be a test as weather will be nice.

2 hours ago, NorCalR1 said:

Well unfortunately, this last weekend, beaches, trails, and parks in popular places along the coast were crowded, and in open defiance of the Governor's and County ordinances, so the restrictions are starting to tighten in terms of closures of public open space preserves. SF locally may follow if citizens do not abide by the shelter in place order.

This coming weekend will be a test as weather will be nice.

Yeah here in San Diego they closed all city parks. A little neighborhood park one block away from my home is closed. Covidiots caused this.

6 hours ago, creditmaze said:

Yeah here in San Diego they closed all city parks. A little neighborhood park one block away from my home is closed. Covidiots caused this.

Covidiots up here as well. A popular place for locals and a short drive from SF, but thanks to them, it is being closed now.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/parking-lots-at-state-parks-beaches-in-bay-area-closed-to-keep-large-crowds-away/

8 hours ago, hegemony said:

this company has a limited sample but this is an interesting "heat map"

https://healthweather.us/

select "atypical" and it looks like Floridah is about to get hammered.

Doesn't look good, especially when you factor in the state's demographics.

I gotta say ...

If I'd known that all it would take was a pandemic to become an epidemiologist ....

I probably would have saved myself years of education and experience, and certainly a lot of money :rolleyes:.

But a lot of y'all are way wrong about a lot of things in this thread.

12 hours ago, Pam said:

I gotta say ...

If I'd known that all it would take was a pandemic to become an epidemiologist ....

I probably would have saved myself years of education and experience, and certainly a lot of money :rolleyes:.

I can barely even pronounce that.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

My upgrades on my Monday flights went through!!

I need to book a flight for August travel and have been wondering if the airlines would cancel during this time. 

14 hours ago, Pam said:

I gotta say ...

Can you provide examples? 

Economic impact?

Social distancing?

Closures of facilities?

51 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

I need to book a flight for August travel and have been wondering if the airlines would cancel during this time. 

I think you'll know long before August.  :)

42 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I think you'll know long before August.  :)

Yes. Be interesting if a thread was started about smooth vs unsmooth travel during this time.

51 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Yes. Be interesting if a thread was started about smooth vs unsmooth travel during this time.

Travel as far as aircraft crowding will be unprecedented. You could be the only passenger on the aircraft.

5 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I can barely even pronounce that.

Me too and it's my job :rofl:

Things that I am observing today:

I was checking on options for my Monza payment and found this on the GM Financial site:

If I make a late payment, do you report it to the credit bureaus?

GM Financial is required to report a customer’s monthly account status fairly and accurately to the credit bureaus. We report non-payment only if more than 30 days past due. However, because of COVID-19, we are taking special measures to minimize the impact on our customers. For any account that is over 30 days past due from March 1 through April 30, GM Financial will report a “Special Comment Code AW – Affected by Natural or Declared Disaster” to the credit bureaus. Following our reporting, your credit history will reflect “D” – no payment history available for these months. We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust our policies as needed.

42 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I was checking on options for my Monza payment and found this on the GM Financial site:

If I make a late payment, do you report it to the credit bureaus?

GM Financial is required to report a customer’s monthly account status fairly and accurately to the credit bureaus. We report non-payment only if more than 30 days past due. However, because of COVID-19, we are taking special measures to minimize the impact on our customers. For any account that is over 30 days past due from March 1 through April 30, GM Financial will report a “Special Comment Code AW – Affected by Natural or Declared Disaster” to the credit bureaus. Following our reporting, your credit history will reflect “D” – no payment history available for these months. We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust our policies as needed.

that comment field has been available for decades and has been used for hurricane impacted areas, etc. I have yet to see clear evidence of how or whether it impacts FICO scoring.

42 minutes ago, hegemony said:

that comment field has been available for decades and has been used for hurricane impacted areas, etc. I have yet to see clear evidence of how or whether it impacts FICO scoring.

I don't really care about the outcome, as long as I keep my baby on the road.

1-1528119115795@2x.jpg?1529525942000

On 3/26/2020 at 4:57 PM, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I thought you were in IT like I am

I'm an informatics epidemiologist. 

On 3/26/2020 at 1:12 PM, NorCalR1 said:

Can you provide examples? 

Economic impact?

Social distancing?

Closures of facilities?

Mostly about the spread of the virus and about how bad things can/will get.  If things don't get bad here in the U.S. (and we've gone past that at this point, since we've surpassed China) it will be because public health measures have succeeded, not because the potential of the virus was overhyped.  

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I don't really care about the outcome, as long as I keep my baby on the road.

1-1528119115795@2x.jpg?1529525942000

That was an EIGHTY FOUR month loan, NOT an 840 month note ;)

21 hours ago, Pam said:

Mostly about the spread of the virus and about how bad things can/will get.  If things don't get bad here in the U.S. (and we've gone past that at this point, since we've surpassed China) it will be because public health measures have succeeded, not because the potential of the virus was overhyped.  

Yes, this is the alarming factor, the number of people who don't realize the duration of this too- 48 hours in state quarantine and Lieutenant Dan in Texas out here talm about throw grandmas under the train.

We have a looooot of time before anything approaching normalcy returns, if it returns at all. I feel like everyone needs to read the Imperial College London report from 3/16, but misreading of the 3/26 one caused people to think we never needed social distancing, not that changes to population behavior affected the trajectory of projected infections.

It's just so scary to not trust people to understand the parameters and what will happen if the hospitals get overwhelmed. And the secondary deaths - slow ambulances, slow responses, our cardiac death rate will shoot up -- that's just ONE thing.

It's such a long road and people thought two days would do it 😬