Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Corona virus and credit reports

Since the cornovirus will require some sort of stay in a hospital for treatment for some, such as myself with a compromised immune system. You would think they would clear people's credit reports so they can finance medical care if they need to. 

What do you think? 

I vote Yes everyone's baddies should be deleted because of the virus! 

Why not? They are closing everything including my son's school for a month. HE'S HOMESCHOOLED!! (Confuses me because you can't catch it through a computer!) 

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

There is a designation of natural disaster that can be assigned to consumer credit reports by data furnishers.

What I find most odd in your proposal is the idea someone should have to finance medical care.

I don't have insurance I can't afford it 

But I was really just throwing it out there hoping we could use the excuse to get clear credit reports. It was just a thought

The next  2-3 months are going to be very bad, for just about everyone.  Very, very bad.  We are on the same path as northern Italy, only we're about 10-14 days behind them.  What that means is that we will likely see a huge spike in corona virus cases -- thousands and thousands and thousands of people -- a significant portion of whom will require a lot of medical care, including ventilation, all at once. The hospitals and health care system in general will be overwhelmed, completely inundated. There will be a literal triage process, and only those who people with a high chance of recovery with medical intervention will be admitted to the hospitals, if there are any free beds for them. Many, many people will be turned away, sent home, maybe with an oxygen bottle if they're lucky, to eventually die in the arms of their loved ones.  If you are over 30 or have an underlying condition, you're screwed. People who need other types of medical care, like surgeries for cancer, etc. will be denied the care they need because the hospitals will be full of corona virus patients.  It will probably be 5-8 weeks before the number of new cases peaks and begins to decline.

We may experience severe disruptions in our economy, including the agriculture industry and transportation/distribution systems.  Even in normal times there is only about 3-7 days worth of food in the stores and the production/transportation pipeline. If the system gets disrupted, large cities run out of food in less than a week. Well, the shelves are already completely bare in most stores in our large cities.  There will probably be some severe food shortages.  Extended, mass closures of most schools, stores and businesses.  Major layoffs and unemployment.  For many of us, our credit reports will be the least of our worries.

There is no way to sugar-coat this.  I was telling one of the preppers in my office this week that it looks like I don't get to make fun of his lifestyle anymore.

8 hours ago, Burdell said:

I was telling one of the preppers in my office this week that it looks like I don't get to make fun of his lifestyle anymore.

oh, it is still okay to make fun of them.

10 hours ago, Burdell said:

We may experience severe disruptions in our economy, including the agriculture industry and transportation/distribution systems.  Even in normal times there is only about 3-7 days worth of food in the stores and the production/transportation pipeline. If the system gets disrupted, large cities run out of food in less than a week. Well, the shelves are already completely bare in most stores in our large cities.  There will probably be some severe food shortages.  Extended, mass closures of most schools, stores and businesses.  Major layoffs and unemployment.  For many of us, our credit reports will be the least of our worries.

Chicken Little much? 

I'm not dismissing, out of hand, worst possible scenarios that might arise out of the coronavirus pandemic.  However, I have considerable faith in the resourcefulness of Americans in a pinch.

I won't go overboard with rhetoric, but it shouldn't be hard to imagine the number of ways in which businesses/workers can compensate in the face of a sizable "sick out". 

I remember how "Y2K" was going to shut the country down.  Obviously an entirely different scenario; but one also fraught with dire concerns.  At least, for now, a good number of home pantries are well stocked ...

10 hours ago, Burdell said:

The next  2-3 months are going to be very bad, for just about everyone.  Very, very bad.  We are on the same path as northern Italy, only we're about 10-14 days behind them.  What that means is that we will likely see a huge spike in corona virus cases -- thousands and thousands and thousands of people -- a significant portion of whom will require a lot of medical care, including ventilation, all at once. The hospitals and health care system in general will be overwhelmed, completely inundated. There will be a literal triage process, and only those who people with a high chance of recovery with medical intervention will be admitted to the hospitals, if there are any free beds for them. Many, many people will be turned away, sent home, maybe with an oxygen bottle if they're lucky, to eventually die in the arms of their loved ones.  If you are over 30 or have an underlying condition, you're screwed. People who need other types of medical care, like surgeries for cancer, etc. will be denied the care they need because the hospitals will be full of corona virus patients.  It will probably be 5-8 weeks before the number of new cases peaks and begins to decline.

There is no way to sugar-coat this.  I was telling one of the preppers in my office this week that it looks like I don't get to make fun of his lifestyle anymore.

Bullshiat.

Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the shiatnami didn't even have it that bad.  

I'd worry more about that bad meth they sold you than COVID-19.  

5 hours ago, PotO said:

Bullshiat.

OK, Boomer.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Burdell said:

The next  2-3 months are going to be very bad, for just about everyone.  Very, very bad.  We are on the same path as northern Italy, only we're about 10-14 days behind them.  What that means is that we will likely see a huge spike in corona virus cases -- thousands and thousands and thousands of people -- a significant portion of whom will require a lot of medical care, including ventilation, all at once.

NOT even close.  First:  Italy has a median age of 65 and most are OLDER than that.  This is the population of people who are weakest against any virus especially corona or the flu.  They typically do not fare well even if you pour all the best resources in to their care.

Second:  the cases in Italy have leveled off primarily due to the country acting quickly to close the borders and tell people to STAY HOME.  Containment is critical to control NOT emergency care.

The hospitals and health care system in general will be overwhelmed, completely inundated. There will be a literal triage process, and only those who people with a high chance of recovery with medical intervention will be admitted to the hospitals, if there are any free beds for them. Many, many people will be turned away, sent home, maybe with an oxygen bottle if they're lucky, to eventually die in the arms of their loved ones.  If you are over 30 or have an underlying condition, you're screwed. 

Again, NO.  70% or more of those who contract Covid 19 do not even need hospitalization.  I don't know where you got this action plan but I am in health care an NO facility I work with has implemented anything like this EVER.  Not during swine flu, bird flu, Ebola fears, or now.

The risks are higher for those who are over 60 (NOT 30) and with co-morbid conditions which means they get extra consideration NOT less.

Currently elective surgery procedures are cancelled in order to devote all resources to those who do need care for corona.  The same thing was done in NY, DC trauma centers and where I worked in VA when 9/11 hit.  Ours lasted 3 days before we could resume operations as normal.  My prediction as a front line health care worker is that you may see a 14 day disruption of elective care but that once the new cases are confirmed to be down by 70% or more elective care will resume.

Extended, mass closures of most schools, stores and businesses.

This is the best way to contain the virus and slow then stop the spread.  Yes, it will disrupt the economy but so would mass deaths which could happen if you allow business to continue as usual and the virus goes uncontrolled.

If the system gets disrupted, large cities run out of food in less than a week. Well, the shelves are already completely bare in most stores in our large cities.  There will probably be some severe food shortages.

It is posts like yours that contribute to the wide spread panic and fear.  Sadly yours has very little basis in fact like most of the media.  Just STOP and chill out.  Do your part and stay home and WASH YOUR HANDS.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer
Removed Unnecessary Commentary

Many, many people will be turned away, sent home, maybe with an oxygen bottle if they're lucky, to eventually die in the arms of their loved ones.

No. Won't happen. The trial lawyers would have a massive windfall with any medical facility that does this, pandemic or not.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Burdell said:

OK, Boomer.

That'll be enough of that.

9 hours ago, PotO said:

Bullshiat.

Add this to "Included Offenses" that Pam pointed out in the Indian bank thread.

To Everyone Else: Be Nice to One Another and have a constructive conversation.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PotO said:

Bullshiat.

Why do you have to be an [bleep].

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer
Removed Profanity

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CreditSucksNot said:

NOT even close.  First:  Italy has a median age of 65 and most are OLDER than that.  This is the population of people who are weakest against any virus especially corona or the flu.  They typically do not fare well even if you pour all the best resources in to their care.

Typo? A bit under 46, not 65.  Rather big difference. However, quite aside from whether it was a typo or not, the very definition of median is that it is the point where half are above and half are below. So the second half of your statement is wrong on it's face.

Edited by cashnocredit

Second:  the cases in Italy have leveled off primarily due to the country acting quickly to close the borders and tell people to STAY HOME.  Containment is critical to control NOT emergency care.

Again, NO.  70% or more of those who contract Covid 19 do not even need hospitalization.  I don't know where you got this action plan but I am in health care an NO facility I work with has implemented anything like this EVER.  Not during swine flu, bird flu, Ebola fears, or now.

The risks are higher for those who are over 60 (NOT 30) and with co-morbid conditions which means they get extra consideration NOT less.

Currently elective surgery procedures are cancelled in order to devote all resources to those who do need care for corona.  The same thing was done in NY, DC trauma centers and where I worked in VA when 9/11 hit.  Ours lasted 3 days before we could resume operations as normal.  My prediction as a front line health care worker is that you may see a 14 day disruption of elective care but that once the new cases are confirmed to be down by 70% or more elective care will resume.

This is the best way to contain the virus and slow then stop the spread.  Yes, it will disrupt the economy but so would mass deaths which could happen if you allow business to continue as usual and the virus goes uncontrolled.

It is posts like yours that contribute to the wide spread panic and fear.  Sadly yours has very little basis in fact like most of the media.  Just STOP and chill out.  Do your part and stay home and WASH YOUR HANDS.

What are the sources of the information in your response?

Posted (edited)

I guess you don't get it that Italy is not testing young people... meanwhile, ROK is and it seems younger people are carrying it regularly and young people are getting infected. Just because there isn't data because we're not testing hardly anyone doesn't mean there isn't a pandemic.

GyQzZnK.jpg

Edited by hegemony

44 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I guess you don't get it that Italy is not testing young people... meanwhile, ROK is and it seems younger people are carrying it regularly and young people are getting infected. Just because there isn't data because we're not testing hardly anyone doesn't mean there isn't a pandemic.

GyQzZnK.jpg

Hege, the Atlantic has a good rundown on all the things that went wrong in rolling out testing here. Just one thing after another. Turned down WHO tests which were available over a month ago, Turf wars with the FDA, CDC, commercial labs. Flawed initial CDC tests, State  and private labs prohibited from testing due to lack of approvals. Regulatory strangulation. Absolutely weird that the country that spends more on healthcare per capita than any other first world country should be near last in the ability to test it's citizens against a threatened epidemic.

1 hour ago, dvd said:

What are the sources of the information in your response?

I have read so many articles lately it is hard to keep up but here is one:  https://abcnews.go.com/Health/number-coronavirus-cases-rises-italy-hit-hard/story?id=69513697  I meant to use the word average not median but some people latch on to anything to fuel and argument.

"Italy has an older population with a greater percentage of adults over the age of 65 than the U.S."The Centers for Disease Control cautions that older adults may be at risk for more serious COVID-19 illness.

ROK is and it seems younger people are carrying it regularly and young people are getting infected. Just because there isn't data because we're not testing hardly anyone doesn't mean there isn't a pandemic.

First:  I NEVER said there wasn't a pandemic.  Second:  it has always been known that some people don't get sick but are carriers that spread an illness.  Last:  that is entirely the reason Italy went on lock down and it has worked.  Their number of cases is shrinking.  Deaths peaked and are declining.  Unfortunately not only does this country have a labyrinth of laws that delay or prevent widespread testing unlike communist countries but we also have an entire snowflake population that believes because this is Merica they can go and do what ever they want when ever they want regardless of the harm to society as a whole.  The needs of the many out weigh the wants of the few.

Testing will not slow the spread of the disease as fast as social isolation and hand washing.  You may not like that sports are non-existent, events cancelled, schools closed and travel restricted but the reality is that will stop the virus faster than 3 billion test kits.  Even if you mandated testing there will be a group of jackasses like the anti-vaxxers who believe they should be required to be tested.  A percentage of them will be carriers and out there spreading the disease.  Test or no test.

1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

Hege, the Atlantic has a good rundown on all the things that went wrong in rolling out testing here. Just one thing after another. Turned down WHO tests which were available over a month ago, Turf wars with the FDA, CDC, commercial labs. Flawed initial CDC tests, State  and private labs prohibited from testing due to lack of approvals. Regulatory strangulation. Absolutely weird that the country that spends more on healthcare per capita than any other first world country should be near last in the ability to test it's citizens against a threatened epidemic.

0RF4Ct7.jpg

2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

No. Won't happen. The trial lawyers would have a massive windfall with any medical facility that does this, pandemic or not.

It’s literally happening all over northern Italy now and it will happen here in large metro areas that are hot spots in 1-2 weeks. Can’t admit new patients when you’re already over capacity, out of ventilators and other critical equipment and supplies,  and understaffed. 

39 minutes ago, hegemony said:

0RF4Ct7.jpg

Great chart. I fear the US numbers are artificially low because we’ve done so few tests per capita compared to the other countries preset on the chart. 

40 minutes ago, Burdell said:

Great chart. I fear the US numbers are artificially low because we’ve done so few tests per capita compared to the other countries preset on the chart. 

I dont think its artificially low. Not enough people have been tested.

1 hour ago, dvd said:

Why do you have to be an [bleep].

Some people are mean.  Some are woefully unintelligent. 

Topic Under Special Surveillance Please be aware that management is watching this topic closely and it is at high risk of being closed.  Any members who violate our terms of service once this tag has been applied to a thread will be immediately warned and, depending on the mood of the administrators, may be restricted from posting for 24 hours.  Please consider your response carefully.