Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Trading Curbs In Effect

Watching CNBC World feed which is currently airing Asian news. DJIA futures trading curbs are in effect. NASDAQ and S&P futures both down almost 5%.

NYMEX Crude down to $30 per barrel (down 27%), Brent Crude down to $33 per share

seems odd there is little to no leadership out there trying to calm the waters. The whole "oil war" that started also seems random given the shared interests of those involved in maintaining at least a $50 or so level to be able to tread water.

I believe there is so much counter-thought and overall disbelief going on if any leader were to come forward with a "Keep Calm and Carry On" sort of message, the masses wouldn't believe it, thereby triggering panic and pandemonium.

11 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I believe there is so much counter-thought and overall disbelief going on if any leader were to come forward with a "Keep Calm and Carry On" sort of message, the masses wouldn't believe it, thereby triggering panic and pandemonium.

well I'm not talking politics here. I mean C-level folks from the private sector. I could care less what some spray painted buffoon or commie-wanna-be thinks. But for the general consumer, some leadership may help calm waters. Rudderless, the worse case fears are left to fester and become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

...to add on, this could be an opportunity for a conversation about fiscal options to help joe and jane sixpack feel better as their gig economy jobs dry-up.

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

I mean C-level folks from the private sector.

Gotcha. I think it depends upon which C-Level person though.. if its someone that is generally considered a "trusted" corporate leader such as Warren Buffett - I would agree. But someone such as Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or whoever is in charge of Goldman Sachs these days - not so sure.

2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Gotcha. I think it depends upon which C-Level person though.. if its someone that is generally considered a "trusted" corporate leader such as Warren Buffett - I would agree. But someone such as Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or whoever is in charge of Goldman Sachs these days - not so sure.

agreed. we don't need one of these millennial CEOs telling us what they think. Perhaps Jamie Diamond is off his death bed?

yesterday's pressure was pretty positive and shows the power of the "talk" of fiscal and other non-monetary action. I also think people are realizing that if you sell, what do you get? sit on cash that adjusted for inflation treads water at best?

obviously it isn't over but hopefully the new normal will appear in the next few weeks

Posted (edited)

Last night did not help and seems to have offered an answer to a problem that doesn't exist (travel ban? the virus is here already!). I trust markets and the reaction today seems appropriate given the dearth of leadership and more importantly the fact the U.S. has tested so few people so we really have no clue what is the rate of infection or the severe illness rate or the true death rate. SMFH

Edited by hegemony

Worldwide is still roiling as I type. Nikkei was down 10% at one point. Even precious metals are taking a hit.

Nearly every US sporting event is either cancelled or being held in relative isolation.

Bizarro world.

Worldwide is still roiling as I type. Nikkei was down 10% at one point. Even precious metals are taking a hit.

Nearly every US sporting event is either cancelled or being held in relative isolation.

Bizarro world.

this dead cat is bouncing :lol:

Now what will uninteresting people talk about?