Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The light at the end of the tunnel

Posted (edited)

I'm at a 802 credit score. I've never been in collections and while I have debt, it is all student loan debt that I am paying. I've never had to help someone with bad credit before. We are both in our late 20's. Her score is around a 630 transunion and 700 equifax.

I finally got a new job and moved my fiancee from Texas to NY. We are interested in getting married and getting a house/moving for her degree in 1 to 3 years. She does have some credit problems that we would like to take care of. She's never had anyone tell her how to handle credit or anything, so she is oblivious to it all. She has medical collections because her mother told her that she paid her medical bills at the time, but she actually did not, and she took her at good faith for this. I am helping her learn but it takes time.

She has about 1100 to 1700 total in collections. Trans-union and Equifax somewhat show the same thing just Equifax show's t-mobile and transunion does not. All of her collections other than T-Mobile are medical based. She has 7 collections total, with phoenix financial having 3 of them all from the same date. She also has a charged off card not showing in collections.

Paying them off isn't a issue as she has more then enough to pay them all in full, but I want to get everything I can off of her account. All of these collections are from texas prior to her move here in NY. The amounts I posted below are not the exact amounts but close.

First Electronic Bank - 600$ - Closed End of 2014 (5 Yrs Old) - Charged off as bad debt, profit and loss write-off -  (Not showing in collections, only under closed accounts)

Wakefield & Associates - $600 - Opened End of 2015

Merch & Prof CollBur - $15 Opened End of 2015

Creditors Bureau USA - $230 - Opened Mid 2018 - Consumer disputes this account information, meets FCRA requirements (She told me she's never disputed anything)

Pheonix Financial Serv - $124+130+91 - Opened Mid 2019 

Convergent Outsourcing - $367 OC =  T-MOBILE Opened - Mid 2019

I'm reading through all the HIPPA stuff on this forum but it's a lot to take in at once, any advice for us? I want to keep communication on the phone at the minimum with any CRA

Edited by Soharis

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, :angel:breeze:angel: & MarvBear

I assume that "Pheonix Financial Serv - $124+130+91 - Opened Mid 2019" is all medical?? Did she have any medical insurance at the time?? Was she covered under her mother's insurance?? Does she remember the actual dates of medical services?

Have your fiancee follow this program. It is a step by step method of getting rid of medical debt. It should NOT be used for non medical debt (for which we have a different program)

At each step she (or you on her behalf) should post any questions or results in THIS post. We will give you personalized advice along each step of the way.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

(I suggest you BOTH follow this step as it will be simpler for YOU to clear up any problems YOU might have on your reports PLUS opting out helps you with applying for a mortgage in the future as it prevents the CRAs (credit reporting agencies) from selling your data.

Your fiancee (or you on her behalf) should then follow this program;

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

The initial dispute letter to the CRAs should clear off some or all of her medical accounts.Please follow the instructions and list ALL medical accounts ONLY as they appear on the report she is disputing.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Come back to THIS post with your results or for further questions.

DO NOT dispute any non medical accounts until you have finished clearing ALL the medical accounts from her report. If you need to clean YOUR report,(without ANY medical debt) you can open up a new thread in the regular credit forum and link it to this one so that we can provide a complete "rehab" process for both of you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By invisible
      Basically, below are the baddies on my reports. I know I can't do much for the lates, but I'm hoping I can work on the other ones. I’ve been lurking and researching, but not sure what to start with. Any help is appreciated.

Equifax

Lates:   Auto loan – 10x in past 2 yrs.
                  8 Navient Accounts – 7x in past 2yrs. (although was in forbearance)
                  2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)
                  1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020, but shows as open and 120+ past due
                              UM Old Balance from 2012 – $8k

Experian

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. Status says: Now paying/was a charge-off
                  2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)
                  1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020
                              Cap One #2 = $613 from Oct 2019

Trans Union

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. (says C/O for Oct 2018)

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020
                              Cap One #2 = $636 from Oct 2019

Collections:     IC Systems (Charter Communications) = $167

Auto loan: It was almost a repo. I paid past due the same day they set it out to be towed. I was 3 months behind. Why are they saying it was a charge off? What can I do?
      Student loans: I was in forbearance, but Navient says they no longer change credit reports. They sent me letter confirming forbearance for those months.
      Charge Offs: Since they are within past year, should I try to settle, pay in full, or wait a while?
    • By imar9418
      I have an AMEX charge off from 2017 its paid but I want it off my reports I've called them but the guy on the phone just kept saying nope can't take it off even if paid.
      I've even tried disputing them because they were reporting the wrong info but they just update with the right info. 

I was able to get approved for a different AMEx card two months ago so I know I'm not blacklisted 

I was wondering has anyone had any luck with something like this. 
    • By BFee317
      I finally decided to attack my credit issue rather than pretend they don't exist. Here is the situation

Here is my CreditKarma information...

TransUnion and Equifax (both show the same items
      Credit Cards $0
      I have a $500 secured Discover IT card that I used for YouTube TV payment and that is it. Between 10% and 30% utilization opened May 2020.
      My mother added me as an authorized user to her Costco Capital One card that has perfect payment history, 8 years open and a $15,000 limit.

Collections $5,317
      Armada Corp
      Total Accounts 6 (medical) Oldest age of account 2019
      $3,193 

Puget Sound Collections 
      Total Accounts 2 (medical) Oldest age of account 2019
      $1,814

Solverity
      Total Accounts 1 (medical) Oldest age of account 2019
      $310

Student Loans
      $0
      Accounts Were Garnished from my paycheck and paid
      Closed Accounts 4
      Dept of Education/NELNET (Closed 4/2016) 
      Dept of Education/NELNET (Closed 4/2016)
      US Department of Education (Closed) Opened 09/2012
      US Department of Education (Closed) Opened 09/2012

I have sent debt validation letters to all three credit bureaus and this is what was verified. Where do I go from here. I was added as an authorized user to my mothers credit card (Capital One Costco) about a month ago. I hope this helps my score improve but it hasn't reported yet. I saw a 25+ point boost from my secured discover card but it hasn't helped since then. Can anyone offer some guidance as to a path for a better credit score? 

Thanks,
      BFee  
    • By BFee317
      Anyone have experience pulling medical collections back from the credit agency and start a payment plan with your HC provider? Or negotiating with a HC provider for items already in collections and paying the HC a negotiated monthly amount or a one time negotiated payment then doing WhyChats system if the items are not removed from collections? The reason I ask is I have over 9 open accounts with Armada Corp (CA) totally over $15,000 and I am looking for the most efficient way to get this removed from my credit report.

Thanks,
      BFee
    • By MaryK2020
      Trying to help a friend and not sure what to do. They were just served with paperwork from the Courts in Osceola County, Fl. It was filed by Raush Sturm on behalf of Sears for some appliances purchased almost 5 years ago. The account was interest free and when it came time to make the final payment it was offered to Sears to split the final payment within 7 days of each other to clear the account. They refused and final payment was not made. In the documents they included only 1 statement which shows a balance now due of $9027.70 as of 1/9/2019.  Currently she has 10 days to answer the court complaint and I have no idea what we need to document or request. The amount is beyond ridiculous and she is currently a full time student with an unemployed spouse. Is there a way to request validation of the debt with all statement copies and proof it was purchased individually and not a bundle purchase (meaning they have no documents to prove they rightfully own?)

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I have been reading on your boards about them being in the Hall of Fame for bad collectors. 

Thanks !

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MrsOKW
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines