Losing hope...........what should I do now? Please help

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Under any circumstances it's fun to see a celebratory post like this, but it's especially exciting given its stark contrast with the thread title!!

Great work!

Thanks @cv91915! Exactly! Sticky thread potential? LOL

I still have my moments though. Believe me.

Next stop 680. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These items above totally devastate any FICO score model.   If that was accomplished via your CRO person, then I think that person did you no favors. And no, IMO you should not file a BK petition

#1 if the credit repair guy is offering a partial refund, take it.    #2 get the paper copies of your reports. If there’s anything that can be done to help with the negatives, it will be there.

#1 Don't leave money on the table when it's offered to you.    #2 If you haven't gotten a free copy of your reports within a year, yes, you'll have to pay for them. It's money well spent. Us

EX up 10 points today and sitting at 642. 

TU up 16 points last week and sitting at 650. 

EQ unknown as I have no source for it. Anyone know how I can get this? 

(All FICO 8 scores)

So I have 6 CC's (4 secured and 2 unsecured + 1 installment loan).

Two of these CC's I'm an AU on (BarClays and Wawa). Would you guys and gals advise me to keep these AU's? Should I jump on my relatives other CC's instead which are Amex and Citi? Or anything else? 

I'm getting ready for my first dispute. Please help CB fam get this kid to the 680 club! I need it! Thank you all!! 

Edited by maverick9

I seem to remember it's not FICO 8, rather an older model, maybe 5? Just checked on DCU and couldn't find exactly which model it is, sorry.

Citibank gives me a free monthly EQ FICO 8, however I imagine there's no way to get it without having a CC with them

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: 97 POINT INCREASE (EXPERIAN FICO 8) IN 147 DAYS AND CURRENTLY AT 659!!!!! 

+15   (9/1/20) - 147 days from start date
+2     (8/19/20) - 134 days from start date
+10   (8-8-20) - 126 days from start date
-6      (7-21-20)
+17   (7/2/20)
+3     (6/20/20)
+1     (6/5/20)
-1      (5/16/20)
+8     (5/8/20)
+29   (5/3/20)
+19   (4/18/20)
START DATE = 4/7/20 and score was 562 (which was lowest point ever)

Edited by maverick9

+13 POINT INCREASE EXPERIAN FICO 8!!! NOW AT 672 AND MOVED FROM FAIR TO GOOD!!!!! WOOHOO!!

+13 (9/8/20) - 154 days from start date
+15   (9/1/20) - 147 days from start date
+2     (8/19/20) - 134 days from start date
+10   (8-8-20) - 126 days from start date
-6      (7-21-20)
+17   (7/2/20)
+3     (6/20/20)
+1     (6/5/20)
-1      (5/16/20)
+8     (5/8/20)
+29   (5/3/20)
+19   (4/18/20)
**START DATE = 4/7/20 and score was 562 (which was lowest point ever?)**

• 10 months later...

UPDATE:

My FICO scores had an epic day yesterday! They increased by the following:

Experian 735 (+65)

Equifax 733 (+66)

Transunion 725 (+45)

I am so grateful for you all in helping me on the tumultuous journey! I really want to give special thanks to @kaylee34. I could have not done this without her!

In summary, my journey started 4/7/20 and my FICO 8 was 562 and today it's 733!!!! Thank you God!

I really want to get back in with Amex and Chase guys, is now the time to try and app with them? 

UPDATE:

Experian 735 (+65)
Equifax 733 (+66)
Transunion 725 (+45)

I am so grateful for you all in helping me on the tumultuous journey! I really want to give special thanks to [mention=152451]kaylee34[/mention]. I could have not done this without her!

In summary, my journey started 4/7/20 and my FICO 8 was 562 and today it's 733!!!! Thank you God!

I really want to get back in with Amex and Chase guys, is now the time to try and app with them? 
Congrats...what recent action(s) did you take for the big jump..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

On 7/28/2021 at 6:21 AM, maverick9 said:

UPDATE:

Experian 735 (+65)

Equifax 733 (+66)

Transunion 725 (+45)

I am so grateful for you all in helping me on the tumultuous journey! I really want to give special thanks to @kaylee34. I could have not done this without her!

This is great to hear and congrats on the new AmEx. Now don't screw it up!! Most have just one chance at great credit after rebuilding. I recovered after divorcing XW#1 after I let her ruin my credit, and I realized and admitted my mistakes, and vowed I would never do that again, and I've had excellent credit now for 15 years.

Yes, @kaylee34 is a wonderful gal. Good that you listened to her and was able to recover from your financial foibles.

14 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

This is great to hear and congrats on the new AmEx. Now don't screw it up!! Most have just one chance at great credit after rebuilding. I recovered after divorcing XW#1 after I let her ruin my credit, and I realized and admitted my mistakes, and vowed I would never do that again, and I've had excellent credit now for 15 years.

Yes, @kaylee34 is a wonderful gal. Good that you listened to her and was able to recover from your financial foibles.

100% my friend! 

I will surely use my credit but unless I can pay it off at any moment, I will not use it. My issue is that I was carrying high balances because in all fairness, I was taking a chance on a business so it was something I had to do. Then I got sick and couldn't work which caused the debacle. That said, I'm a totally different situation now and will be prudent going forward. 

Thanks my friend and I sure do miss @kaylee34. I know you're friends with her and please tell her I miss her and hope she's okay. I've contacted her numerous times but she doesn't reply so please tell her I hope to hear from her.