Losing hope...........what should I do now? Please help

Your CRO is a paper mill.  I will GUARANTEE you that they are not giving proper attention to their 'clients' if they claim they are 'helping' 140 people per month.  Quite frankly, I would be surprised if they even have any manner of licensure (and there ARE regulations designed specifically to make sure people aren't being ripped off by the paper hangers).

As to time savings, it comes back to what I previously posted, specifically that NOBODY is going to have the same level of interest in YOUR credit as YOU will.  Further, if a matter goes to court, then YOU need to know AND BE ACCOUNTABLE for everything that has been done.

Oh, and your CRO is FOS at the assertion that none of the biggies have ever accepted a PFD...the biggies may not do it often, but is HAS occurred.  But beyond that, I'm done with the thread if you are going to try and play this site against a CRO that does not have your best interest at heart...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These items above totally devastate any FICO score model.   If that was accomplished via your CRO person, then I think that person did you no favors. And no, IMO you should not file a BK petition

#1 if the credit repair guy is offering a partial refund, take it.    #2 get the paper copies of your reports. If there’s anything that can be done to help with the negatives, it will be there.

#1 Don't leave money on the table when it's offered to you.    #2 If you haven't gotten a free copy of your reports within a year, yes, you'll have to pay for them. It's money well spent. Us

3 hours ago, centex said:

Your CRO is a paper mill.  I will GUARANTEE you that they are not giving proper attention to their 'clients' if they claim they are 'helping' 140 people per month.  Quite frankly, I would be surprised if they even have any manner of licensure (and there ARE regulations designed specifically to make sure people aren't being ripped off by the paper hangers).

I see what you mean. I was thinking that if they do 140 people per month, they can't possibly be able to truly service a client properly. 

As to time savings, it comes back to what I previously posted, specifically that NOBODY is going to have the same level of interest in YOUR credit as YOU will.  Further, if a matter goes to court, then YOU need to know AND BE ACCOUNTABLE for everything that has been done.

Yep. You're absolutely right but I've wrestled with this in my own business. My colleagues told me, "If you outsource your business, no your employees won't do as good a job as you would because you care more about the outcome than they will but you'll never own a business then. You'll just own a job. 

This is true. I wanted to outsource my business so it runs like a business. Meaning without me. Hence this is what I tried doing with credit repair but obviously this is not the case. 

Oh, and your CRO is FOS at the assertion that none of the biggies have ever accepted a PFD...the biggies may not do it often, but is HAS occurred.  But beyond that, I'm done with the thread if you are going to try and play this site against a CRO that does not have your best interest at heart...

@centex Please accept my apology if you thought I was trying to play this site against the CRO. I would never do that. I'm innocently and sincerely trying to get to the bottom of this and find the truth between everyone. I can't believe the conflicting info I've been receiving. Through this experience, I have learned that the CRO is FOS as you stated and CB has proven itself to be true. So I applaud and appreciate you all. So thank you so much. I'm grateful for you help and please I do need your help moving forward so I hope you will continue to help @centex

Edited by maverick9
5 hours ago, maverick9 said:

I help an average of 140 people per month .  How many people have they helped"

8 hours per day X 22 working days per month = 176 hours. Divide that by 140 people = 1.26 hours per month per person. Factor a more realistic 6.5 hours per day of actual productivity and you’re at one hour per person per month. For something as important as your credit?

CB is free and has helped many thousands of people. Not doubting some CROs can actually help a little but I’ll take free, better results, put in the work and learn over paying someone for an average of an hour’s work once a month any day.

NO ONE has a vested interest in repairing your credit but you.

37 minutes ago, kaylee34 said:

8 hours per day X 22 working days per month = 176 hours. Divide that by 140 people = 1.26 hours per month per person. Factor a more realistic 6.5 hours per day of actual productivity and you’re at one hour per person per month. For something as important as your credit?

CB is free and has helped many thousands of people. Not doubting some CROs can actually help a little but I’ll take free, better results, put in the work and learn over paying someone for an average of an hour’s work once a month any day.

NO ONE has a vested interest in repairing your credit but you.

@kaylee34 You're right and that's why I fired him, requested the refund which he kindly is doing, and will now go all in with CB. I am excited and truly appreciate you all helping in advance. I will not be able to do it without you all. As I learn, I want to contribute back with my results to further help the community as it will have contributed to me. Can't thank you all enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered all 3 of my credit reports. They were all free. Seen how in the post that @hegemony provided that some people were charged $8-10. I guess it changed?

Seen I should order from all 4 bureaus. What is the 4th one outside or Equifax, Transunion, and Experian? Necessary?

What else can I do while I wait on the reports?

Edited by maverick9
more questions
1 hour ago, maverick9 said:

Just ordered all 3 of my credit reports. They were all free. Seen how in the post that @hegemony provided that some people were charged $8-10. I guess it changed?

Seen I should order from all 4 bureaus. What is the 4th one outside or Equifax, Transunion, and Experian? Necessary?

What else can I do while I wait on the reports?

Innovis Data Solutions, order here ===> https://www.innovis.com/personal/creditReport

39 minutes ago, maverick9 said:

Thanks @hegemony!! This one is necessary?

Also, anything else I can do while waiting for these?

If you are serious about trying to fix your credit, why would you ignore a bureau that has been gaining in popularity, at least from a reporting standpoint.  Innovis may not be flashy, but they DO hold a fair amount of data and ARE involved in the mortgage side of things.  It would, therefore, make no sense to ignore the fourth major bureau...

42 minutes ago, centex said:

If you are serious about trying to fix your credit, why would you ignore a bureau that has been gaining in popularity, at least from a reporting standpoint.  Innovis may not be flashy, but they DO hold a fair amount of data and ARE involved in the mortgage side of things.  It would, therefore, make no sense to ignore the fourth major bureau...

Never intended to ignore, hence why I asked about it and it's importance and just ordered it. :)

I had no idea how important it was nor it's popularity. 

Thanks for your input @centex!! Truly appreciate you!

Going through some of the threads now and seen that when starting on this journey, I should do this:

Sign up for one of the credit monitoring services. Several allow for a free trial. Please pay attention to how many "new" reports can be pulled when you join. Some allow a new report daily, others only 4X per year. You can always ask for opinions in the credit forum before comitting yourself to a membership.

Is this still advised? If so, who should I obtain this from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Hope everyone of you are staying healthy out there in this time. 

So I'm in receipt of all 4 of my credit reports as you all instructed me to do. I'm excited and ready to get this credit of mine where it use to be in great shape! 

I'm ready to learn from all of you on this journey. What is my next step?

@Why Chat @MarvBear @cashnocredit@cv91915  @TheVig

@hegemony @centex @Kaylee

Edited by maverick9

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

If you have received your credit reports your next step is to go over them carefully.

Look for any misinformation such as addresses you don't recognize, alternate SS#s misspellings of your name etc.

Check your derogatory accounts to see when they might be coming off your reports, that will help tell you if it is safe to dispute them if they are past the legal SOL for being sued in your State.

Follow this guide;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

If you have medical accounts that are over 2 years old dating from the date of service, start a thread in the medical forum for individualized assistance.

If you have any other kind of collection accounts, post in THIS thread the type of account and the date you first defaulted and your State.

20 hours ago, Why Chat said:

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

If you have received your credit reports your next step is to go over them carefully.

Look for any misinformation such as addresses you don't recognize, alternate SS#s misspellings of your name etc.

Check your derogatory accounts to see when they might be coming off your reports, that will help tell you if it is safe to dispute them if they are past the legal SOL for being sued in your State.

Follow this guide;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

If you have medical accounts that are over 2 years old dating from the date of service, start a thread in the medical forum for individualized assistance.

If you have any other kind of collection accounts, post in THIS thread the type of account and the date you first defaulted and your State.

1. I'm simply trying to accomplish getting my scores as high as I can be lendable, so I can qualify for a mortgage (we currently own our property and have NEVER missed a mortgage payment), able to obtain credit cards again, as well as the obvious such as getting great credit health again. 
  2. Do I remove the following of what is under "Personal Information"?
    • wrong names
    • misspelled names
    • outdated addresses
    • wrong SS#
    • outdated phone numbers
    • former employers
  3. I am an authorized user on 3 credit cards of a relative of mine but the cards are maxed out although in perfect payment status. When I became an AU, they didn't have any of the credit used. I was advised to piggyback off their credit to help boost my score. Though the cards are maxed out they will be paid off in 2 more months. Should I remove myself as an AU because I can confirm they did hurt my scores or should I stay on for the perfect payment status they have and just wait out the 2 more months till they are paid off?
  4. I am in Florida and understand the SOL is 4 years.
  5. Derogs:
    • CC1 - 1st default date: 4/19 but CO a few months after. Settlement for less than the full amount. "Scheduled to continue on record until 9/22."
    • CC2 - 1st default date: 11/16 but CO a few months after. Settlement for less than the full amount. "Scheduled to continue on record until 8/23."
    • CC3 - 1st default date: 2/16 but CO a few months after. Settlement for less than the full amount. "Scheduled to continue on record until 11/22."
    • CC4 - 1st default date: 4/16 but CO a few months after. Settlement for less than the full amount. "Scheduled to continue on record until 1/23."
  6. 1 CC that I never settled with has an outstanding balance of almost 17k. Charge off started 8/16 and SOL is 4 years. CA has offered me in writing to settle (pre COVID19) for about $4,200 several times for about the last couple of years from what I recall. What, if anything, do I with this?
  7. Zero medical accounts. 
Edited by maverick9

Forgot to add I have 2 hard inquiries:

1. CC - Date 5/19 to continue till 6/21. Reason: Unspecified.
  2. CC - Date 7/18 to continue till 8/20. Reason: Unspecified.

I read in a CB thread that I can have these removed via "bumpage". Should I? 

B* = Bumpage

An unethical, but fun way of removing hard inquiries from EQ and TU before the 2 year expiration date.

Edited by maverick9
45 minutes ago, maverick9 said:

Forgot to add I have 2 hard inquiries:

1. CC - Date 5/19 to continue till 6/21. Reason: Unspecified.
  2. CC - Date 7/18 to continue till 8/20. Reason: Unspecified.

I read in a CB thread that I can have these removed via "bumpage". Should I? 

Bumpage has been dead for years.

Inquiries only impact FICO scores for 12 months and after the first 6 months they matter very little.

stay focused on important matters and don't get distracted by things that do not matter.

Most people would suggest getting personal info corrected (addresses, name variations, SS# variations) before tackling tradeline disputes.

being AU on highly utilized cards is probably doing more harm than good. but if you are certain they will be PIF in less than 8 weeks then you may want to remain on them.

Note that paying a charged off account, even if it is "settled" does not change the fact it is a charge off. Paying a CO will not improve your scores. You want to push for a PFD. The only reason to pay a charge off, IMHO, is to avoid a lawsuit within SOL or because a mortgage UW has told you in writing you need to.

52 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Bumpage has been dead for years. 

Inquiries only impact FICO scores for 12 months and after the first 6 months they matter very little.

stay focused on important matters and don't get distracted by things that do not matter.

Cool. I'll disregard. Surely focused but learned it on CB so thought I'd ask.

being AU on highly utilized cards is probably doing more harm than good. but if you are certain they will be PIF in less than 8 weeks then you may want to remain on them.

Yes will be PIF so I guess I'll stay on for now. 

Note that paying a charged off account, even if it is "settled" does not change the fact it is a charge off. Paying a CO will not improve your scores. You want to push for a PFD. The only reason to pay a charge off, IMHO, is to avoid a lawsuit within SOL or because a mortgage UW has told you in writing you need to.

Noted. I paid off 2 of the 4 charge offs because they were lawsuits. 

@hegemony I really appreciate your feedback!

So what can I do from here to improve my scores?

I'm getting the feeling that I can't remove the charged off accounts. Are you alluding that this is just a "wait and ride it out from here scenario"?

Edited by maverick9

for out of SOL accounts, look at the CO accounts for ANYTHING that is not correct. If there is something wrong (e.g., DOFD), send a written dispute to each CRA that has the incorrect information. DO NOT send any information, such as settlement agreements, statements, etc. to the CRAs -- ever.

You may want to check out the Jack attack method too:

remember that 50% of improving your scores is adding new QUALITY tradelines (not just AU accounts). Eventually you will want to apply for new accounts; there are secured card options that may work for you. Pursue secured cards instead of subprime bottom feeders like First Premier. If you opted out, note that you will not get pre-screened offers of credit and online pre-qualification options from lenders will not work.

Before you apply for new accounts, however, it is worth your time to work on the derogatory accounts and otherwise "clean" your reports.

At this point, you might want to triage each report and develop a strategy to 1) remove old addresses, etc and then 2) dispute out of SOL tradelines and then 3) add new tradelines.

If you have out of SOL accounts

SOL in Florida is 4 years (from what I found online). Does the SOL clock start from the 1st date of delinquency or 1st month of being charged off?

If there is something wrong (e.g., DOFD)

The DOFD on these accounts are several years old. How would I know if they are accurate or not, should I request account history from the creditor to determine this?

And what else can I look for that may be wrong?

Before you apply for new accounts, however, it is worth your time to work on the derogatory accounts and otherwise "clean" your reports.

Yes! This is what I really want to do but is there no other way of me cleaning/removing these charged off accounts other than seeing if the creditor has misreported to the CB's?

I guess it would be what you posted in the below quote:

At this point, you might want to triage each report and develop a strategy to 1) remove old addresses, etc and then 2) dispute out of SOL tradelines and then 3) add new tradelines.

Removing the old addresses seems easy and straight forward. 

I want to dispute but to be clear, are you telling me, I can really only dispute the out of SOL tradelines?

New tradelines? You mentioned "QUALITY tradelines". I will do this. What are considered "QUALITY tradelines"?

Edited by maverick9

SOL in Florida is 4 years (from what I found online). Does the SOL clock start from the 1st date of delinquency or 1st month of being charged off?

I am pretty sure it is from the DOFD (DOFD is the month it first went bad and never was made current)

The DOFD on these accounts are several years old. How would I know if they are accurate or not, should I request account history from the creditor to determine this?

Your own records or your best estimate.

don't request history from any creditor.

And what else can I look for that may be wrong?

is it reporting correctly? zero balance, etc?

Yes! This is what I really want to do but is there no other way of me cleaning/removing these charged off accounts other than seeing if the creditor has misreported to the CB's?

see Jack Attack above (for out of SOL debts)

I guess it would be what you posted in the below quote:

Removing the old addresses seems easy and straight forward. 

^this is the one thing where calling a CRA is okay^

I want to dispute but to be clear, are you telling me, I can really only dispute the out of SOL tradelines?

items within the SOL for your state you need to be careful with or you may wake-up a bear (i.e., they may realize you are cleaning your credit and pursue a lawsuit against you).

New tradelines? You mentioned "QUALITY tradelines". I will do this. What are considered "QUALITY tradelines"?

secured cards from companies like BOA, Discovery, a local CU, etc. But IMHO this more should be AFTER you've cleaned for a few months.

43 minutes ago, hegemony said:

I am pretty sure it is from the DOFD (DOFD is the month it first went bad and never was made current)

Your own records or your best estimate.

Ah. Great to hear! I'm looking at the report on Experian and it is showing that 2/16 is "30", so it was 30 days late on 2/16 from what I understand? If this is the start date and FL has a SOL of 4 years for credit card debt and it being 4/20, it is deemed out of the SOL, right? 

items within the SOL for your state you need to be careful with or you may wake-up a bear (i.e., they may realize you are cleaning your credit and pursue a lawsuit against you).

What if these are paid off? I understand that if you settled "with prejudice", they can no longer file a lawsuit. 

secured cards from companies like BOA, Discovery, a local CU, etc. But IMHO this more should be AFTER you've cleaned for a few months.

Noted and yes, I agree. I want to clean all that I can prior to adding items. 

To delete old addresses send a letter to each CRA ( Credit Reporting Agency)WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY# with a copy of the personal data page of your report and the "old" addresses circled in red. You state that the circled addresses of xxxx and xxxx are invalid and that you are concerned about ID theft/fraud, include a copy of your drivers license, a copy of your SS card and a copy of a recent utility bill as proof of your identity and correct address.

@Why Chat I noticed you advise to send a letter but is it ok if I call the CB's to remove the erroneous addresses, phone numbers, and wrong socials?