Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

PEOPLE ARE STUPID: COVID-19 EDITION

22 minutes ago, cashnocredit said:

Outside with or without masks is pretty safe. Just don't hang around in groups but even there it's safer than hanging around groups indoors. Bike, exercise, whatever. It's pretty safe. There have been almost no cases where transmission occurred outside even close person to person outside.

But in buses, trains, cars with others, and especially rooms with other people it gets risky fast. And places like crowded, noisy bars? Real bad. Corona virus shedding has been documented  to increase 10x just from talking and 100x from loud talking.

Masks help a lot if you need to be around people indoors but they mostly help to keep infected people from emitting Covid. Much less effective unless you have N95s at protecting you.  If many people are not wearing masks in a place you have to be in for any length of time, leave.

Nah I don't cover my face on walks but I do have the mask hung around my neck, just in case.

A friend sent me a KN-95 mask for my air travel. It is the Chinese version of the N-95 mask. Researched it online and everything I read was about the counterfeit masks that don't meet CDC standards. Yikes!  However, it fits snuggly in all areas and I can not blow out a flame from a match. I figure it is pretty protective for the flight. After all, I'm not doing surgery in a hospital.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

If many people are not wearing masks in a place you have to be in for any length of time, leave.

That's what I do. It can be very inconvenient, but something you need to do to be safe. People are reluctant to tell people to put their mask on, hoping social pressure will work, but sometimes it does not, so you need to leave.

Gov. Newsom now requires all Californian's to wear a facemask when outside your home except when exercising outdoors, and some other exceptions, but when asked how it will be enforced, it was left unanswered. Basically, it will not be enforced. They are hoping for voluntary compliance. I think they (CA) will get that, as most are in agreement, but there is a sizable group that will not comply. 

Edited by NorCalR1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NorCalR1 said:

That's what I do. It can be very inconvenient, but something you need to do to be safe. People are reluctant to tell people to put their mask on, hoping social pressure will work, but sometimes it does not, so you need to leave.

Gov. Newsom now requires all Californian's to wear a facemask when outside your home except when exercising outdoors, and some other exceptions, but when asked how it will be enforced, it was left unanswered. Basically, it will not be enforced. They are hoping for voluntary compliance. I think they (CA) will get that, as most are in agreement, but there is a sizable group that will not comply. 

You can 💩 in the street or steal $950 of other people's stuff with no consequences.  

You can molest a child and get out of jail the same day without posting bail.  

You think they're going to enforce a mask requirement?

Edited by cv91915

So we were supposed to go out to dinner tonight (I didn't really want to go but tired of hearing DW bitch about it).  Last night however I got a notification from open table last night the restaurant cancelled our reservation.  Called to see what happened and they told me they were closing the restaurant because an employee tested positive.  Glad they actually did that as I am sure there was temptation to not report it so they didn't lose a weekend of business.

We have been out to a couple of places for dinner that are outdoor seating only and people have done OK with staying apart for the most part. 

I was also scrolling through twitter earlier today (I know, first mistake) and to see some people bitch about wearing masks amazes me.  The level of stupidity in this country is overwhelming.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, cv91915 said:

You can 💩 in the street or steal $950 of other people's stuff with no consequences.  

You can molest a child and get out of jail the same day without posting bail.  

You think they're going to enforce a mask requirement?

Newsom also overlooks the number of problems that come with the effort to criminalize conduct without the legislative efforts having been made to codify the conduct.  Newsom is yet another embarrassment for that State... 

3 hours ago, centex said:

Newsom also overlooks the number of problems that come with the effort to criminalize conduct without the legislative efforts having been made to codify the conduct.  Newsom is yet another embarrassment for that State... 

Although I agree 110% and it is one of the many reasons I left that state, let's not let this devolve into a political discussion.

3 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Although I agree 110% and it is one of the many reasons I left that state, let's not let this devolve into a political discussion.

Politically unrelated...well some may disagree but regarding Newson:

I knew he was good looking but what I wasn't prepared for, I kid you not, he is waaay better looking in person. That's all. Carryon. LOL!

On 6/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, CTSoxFan said:

I was also scrolling through twitter earlier today (I know, first mistake) and to see some people bitch about wearing masks amazes me.  The level of stupidity in this country is overwhelming.

Unfortunately, it would take something straight out of a horror film, like people bleeding from random orifices for the average hard headed person to consistently wear a mask and even then half the people would have their nose exposed or walk around with the mask hanging off like it's a decoration.   Flu like symptoms just aren't scary enough.  

On 6/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, CTSoxFan said:

So we were supposed to go out to dinner tonight (I didn't really want to go but tired of hearing DW bitch about it).  Last night however I got a notification from open table last night the restaurant cancelled our reservation.  Called to see what happened and they told me they were closing the restaurant because an employee tested positive.  Glad they actually did that as I am sure there was temptation to not report it so they didn't lose a weekend of business.

We have been out to a couple of places for dinner that are outdoor seating only and people have done OK with staying apart for the most part. 

Saturday was the first time I went out, with my mom, and it was nice to go out (outside tables) but oh my god, nonstop fireworks. 

4 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I think California sets a great example of how NOT to do things. It has nice weather. 

Agree. We do have nice weather, as evidenced by this morning. However, the state is so big and diverse, it is near impossible to manage under one umbrella. Northern California is very much different from Southern California.

What is clear though is that the homeless problem is not going anywhere, and wishful as you want, you cannot spend your way out of it, or legislate your way out of it.

1 hour ago, NorCalR1 said:

Agree. We do have nice weather, as evidenced by this morning. However, the state is so big and diverse, it is near impossible to manage under one umbrella. Northern California is very much different from Southern California.

What is clear though is that the homeless problem is not going anywhere, and wishful as you want, you cannot spend your way out of it, or legislate your way out of it.

Had one of the resolutions passed to split CA into multiple states I may have actually considered staying there rather than leaving.  Once those all died on the vine that settled that.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:55 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Nah I don't cover my face on walks but I do have the mask hung around my neck, just in case.

A friend sent me a KN-95 mask for my air travel. It is the Chinese version of the N-95 mask. Researched it online and everything I read was about the counterfeit masks that don't meet CDC standards. Yikes!  However, it fits snuggly in all areas and I can not blow out a flame from a match. I figure it is pretty protective for the flight. After all, I'm not doing surgery in a hospital.

Wear glasses or something to protect your eyes too.

40 minutes ago, Burdell said:

Wear glasses or something to protect your eyes too.

CVS is selling face shields for $4. I bought one just in case for my flight.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

CVS is selling face shields for $4. I bought one just in case for my flight.

When I voted the day before yesterday*, the BoE was wearing those.

* not sure what day it is or was.

Main food court between H/K, ORD, 4/25/20

JQQufVO.jpg

Departure gate, CLT-SAN, 6/25/20

1WoIn9K.jpg

On 6/23/2020 at 6:47 AM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I think California sets a great example of how NOT to do things. It has nice weather. 

What states do you think gets it right?