Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Ready or crapshoot?

Hi, I’ve been lurking and reading and I’m ready to see if I can start the process.

i just recently became aware of your process so I’m posting to inquire if I need to give myself a “reset” period. Or if I can proceed. Or if I’m doomed.

Details are as follows:

-pulled my TU report in Oct (Preparing for home purchase). CA was not reporting .

-Enrolled in credit monitoring and received an update in Nov that a negative account was added. (CA claims they have been reporting since 2017)
-Dec, reactivated my acct with Collection shield 360 who disputed the acct with the CA on my behalf.

-Dec Received a letter denoting the itemized charges and then added interest on the account. also received my account invoice, the invoice I was mailed has the description of services blacked out but not the diag and cpt4 codes

- allowed the time for collection shield 360 to complete their service

-Feb contacted the OC via phone to request an acct invoice and to inquire about opportunities for a PFD. OC said it’s up to CA to recall or negotiate that. I could pay OC, but they were unable to delete. They connected me with CA.

-Feb,CA refused a PFD (and got pretty ugly on the phone) 

-Feb, I filed a CFPB complaint against the CA for having my PHI, 

-CA response asserts they have not violated any State or fed laws

-CFPB sent the complaint involving OC to FTC😱

-this is still w/in SOL in TX and is the freshest collection on my report. 
-a further insurance processing will not resolve this bill. It has been processed although I never received a bill.

I’ve sent letters for personal information update  on my credit reports and will opt out. I’m waiting on my TU paper report to come in the mail to begin the dispute to the CRA if it’s still an option for me.

Sometimes overthinking a situation creates more problems than you started with.

I presume that since you are posting in the medical forum that the account that poisoned your report was medical?? If so, what was the date of service?.Were you at the same address when you had the medical service?? Is the medical service provider familiar to you?? Did you EVER have medical services at that provider?? If so, how were they paid?? Did you have insurance?? If so get a copy of your EOMB (explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co.

Meanwhile follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

(opting out helps prevent your data from being sold to data miners when you are mortgage shopping, which might have prevented the "poisoning" of your reports)

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

The next step after opting out and trying to delete old addresses if you have moved since the alleged date of medical service is to send each CRA where this or ANY medical account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

If it is just reporting to TU then you have a fair chance that it will be deleted with the initial dispute letter. If it is reporting to the other CRAs and/or it is a VALID collection account, ie you have already verified with the OC that it is a valid bill and your EOMB shows that you do owe the $, then you can pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

The SOL for medical accounts in Tx is 4 years starting on the date of medical service.

Edited by Why Chat

Yes it’s medical.

Date of service is 2/28/17 I have my original invoice from when I visited the urgent care. At the time of service I paid a copay.

I have a high deductible health care plan so after the bill is sent to insurance to get the discounted contractual rate it should have been sent to me by the urgent care for the remainder of the bill. It was never sent. 

I have contacted my insurance company to get the EOMB. Awaiting that as well.

The account is reporting incorrectly as the CA is listing the DOFD as they would non-medical debt. So it’s listed from when they received the account in July rather than the DOS in February.

Edited by Caendavis
Added info

The CA will  always be posting the date they received the account. On some reports you will also get a "removal date" which should be 7 years from the date of service.

If you are reasonably sure of the correct amount, or can get your EOMB fairly quickly, you can pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".

The HIPAA letter, if the instructions are followed EXACTLY forces the OC to accept payment and prevents the CA from reporting it as a paid collection or billing you for interest.

Ok, so I can bypass the dispute to CRA TU? Or still go through all the steps in your process? 

I think I am understanding you to say that the current relationship between the CA and OC has been established given my wayward path. I am confident in the amount given the invoice  amounts all match up (from the OC, and after speaking with the representative about my EOB) with the exception of the added interest the collection agency sent in their letter in Dec. They are reporting the invoiced balance due, and their itemized statement has the invoices balance due but the associated letter they sent has added interest.

Also, if I am instructed to proceed with the dispute and TU does delete, do I still send the OC the HIPAA letter with insert a and payment? 

Just want to be sure! 

Edited by Caendavis
Clarified explanation

Get your EOMBs. Send the dispute letter to TU. If the account is deleted then you need not do anything further UNLESS you want to pay the OC with the HIPAA letter because you feel it is the right thing to do. If the account is NOT deleted then, of course pay the OC with the HIPAA letter and be prepared to follow up if the account changes to a paid collection.