Jump to content

Firestone GW


Agen2integra
 Share

The last post in this topic was posted 958 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Recommended Posts

I have just one 30 day late back in 2017 on my CFNA Firestone card. I wrote the company a GW letter and ended up receiving a letter that validated the payment to be accurate. I was clear in my letter that I was not disputing the late pay but rather seeking a GW adjustment. I decided to call the customer service earlier this week and spoke with a supervisor who told me that she would remove it from the CRs but her system only goes back to 2018. She encouraged me to "dispute" the information with the 3 CBs and it should get removed. I told her I don't want to dispute because they are accurate.

 

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there any negative repercussions if I dispute them? will my CRs be flagged as disputed even if verified?

 

I have a lot more work on my credit to work on rather than this one 30 day late, I just thought this would be an easy win. I have about 7 CA and 5 COs that I need to be focusing my efforts on right now.

 

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 hours ago, Agen2integra said:

I wrote the company a GW letter and ended up receiving a letter that validated the payment to be accurate.

To whom did you address your letter?

 

23 hours ago, Agen2integra said:

I decided to call the customer service earlier this week and spoke with a supervisor who told me that she would remove it from the CRs but her system only goes back to 2018. She encouraged me to "dispute" the information with the 3 CBs and it should get removed.

I would call back and see if you get the same answer from a second person regarding the deletion.  I doubt this is accurate.

 

On the same call, ask to speak to someone who can go see your records that are older than 2018.  A supervisor, manager, someone up the reporting chain will have more access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just looked at a copy of the letter that I mailed them and I only addressed it to CFNA, not an individual. That's a fail on my part.

Aside from calling back again, is there a person best to be addressed over at CFNA for a GW letter? I searched earlier before i sent the letter and don't believe that I found one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can only speak for myself, but it sounds like the rep is being straight up with you.  I'd go ahead and enter a generic dispute for the tradeline as instructed.  It's not the first instance where a creditor instructs an account holder to dispute a tradeline to facilitate removal of a delinquency.

 

I'll note that there is perhaps a modest downside to achieving a removal in this manner, but I'd bet on the upside case (timely removal).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Agen2integra said:

i just looked at a copy of the letter that I mailed them and I only addressed it to CFNA, not an individual. That's a fail on my part.

Aside from calling back again, is there a person best to be addressed over at CFNA for a GW letter? I searched earlier before i sent the letter and don't believe that I found one. 

Google machine suggests 

 

https://www.bridgestoneamericas.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2016/bridgestone-americas-names-brian-zempel-cfna-president 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last post in this topic was posted 958 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      184767
    • Most Online
      2046

    Newest Member
    FeleciaMc
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines