Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Medical Collections Reporting Wrong

What is the date of the "stuff" from the provider?? If it is NOT within the past 6 Months then it too is NOT valid. Re printing data from years ago does NOT prove a CURRENT business relationship with the OC

On 4/14/2020 at 8:35 PM, Why Chat said:

What is the date of the "stuff" from the provider?? If it is NOT within the past 6 Months then it too is NOT valid. Re printing data from years ago does NOT prove a CURRENT business relationship with the OC

I'm sorry about the late response. I definitely should have provided you some more detail as well. They sent me a copy of the signed "Condition of Admission and Treatment" from 10/2016. They also sent me a billing statement from the facility with a billing date of 3/16/2020. Does the billing statement from the facility prove the current business relationship? I'm assuming so and if so then I can proceed with sending the hipaa letter with insert a, correct?

As for ARS, since their letter provides no proof there is a current relationship, I would proceed with the follow up dispute to the CRA?  

A 4 year old copy of an account statement is NOT a valid response. The billing statement with a date of 3/16/2020 MIGHT show a current business relationship if it is truly from the facility. In your case I suggest calling the facility and finding out if the 3/16/2020 was actually issued on that date from the facility to the CA.

On 4/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, Why Chat said:

A 4 year old copy of an account statement is NOT a valid response. The billing statement with a date of 3/16/2020 MIGHT show a current business relationship if it is truly from the facility. In your case I suggest calling the facility and finding out if the 3/16/2020 was actually issued on that date from the facility to the CA.

Thanks for the response. I did call the facility and they did confirm they issued the billing statement on 3/16/2020 to provide to the CA in response to my request for verification of the debt. Since this confirmed there was a valid current business relationship I went ahead and sent the HIPAA letter with insert A and full payment via cashiers check CMRR to the facility yesterday. Unfortunately, they tried to deliver today and it says the wasn't a representative that could sign for it. So now I have to wait and see if there will be tomorrow. If not, can I call the compliance department to find out who I should send this to directly?

As for the ARS account that did not send a valid response to me, I've sent the CRA the follow up dispute so waiting to see how they respond to that. I'm hoping they delete it, as it was already deleted from the other two CRAs but I know they all do their own thing so we'll see what happens. 

Thanks again for the help @Why Chat !

Posted (edited)

I do NOT suggest you call. If you call they may decide to refuse to sign for the $$ and if they don't accept it then the method won't work. Find out when the "stay at home" order expires in your State. If the letter and check are returned to you as undeliverable then resend it without the signature being required.

Edited by Why Chat

6 hours ago, Why Chat said:

I do NOT suggest you call. If you call they may decide to refuse to sign for the $$ and if they don't accept it then the method won't work. Find out when the "stay at home" order expires in your State. If the letter and check are returned to you as undeliverable then resend it without the signature being required.

Thanks, will do. I hope that it is delivered. They didn't try again today, my guess is it's being held for pickup or they have to arrange for redelivery. I guess the post office will hold it until the 28th of May. The stay at home order was just extended to May 15th in my state although it could be extended again. I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens. 

So for the ARS account that did not provide a valid response to the medical debt DV I sent the follow up dispute to the CRA and they just replied with "We've verified this account as accurate". All they did was update the comments to show Consumer Disputes This Account Information. 

How do I proceed if they don't furnish the information and I can't verify an active business agreement between the CA and the OC? Do I continue on to the next step anyways? 

23 hours ago, Why Chat said:

Did you send the follow up dispute to the CRAs?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

I went back and reread your original post.On the account that you paid with the HIPAA letter-- was this medical service subsequent to your filing BK??

Yes, I sent the follow up dispute to the CRA and all their response was informing me again that they verified as true and accurate and updated the additional information to include a comment that I dispute the information. They did not provide any information as requested.  

Yes, the for the one that was paid was for service after my bankruptcy was discharged. 

Edited by rcarteraz