iliana

Charge-Off accounts with no collections on reports

Has anyone had closed charged-off accounts on their reports with no collector trying to collect from any of them?

The accounts were charged off about 2 years ago, yet the report reads closed for each of them. I'm not sure if I should try to settle. I was thinking of settling with the collectors but to my surprise, none are listed in my Credit Karma reports.

All input to this matter is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by iliana

Short answer to your question is Yes, I have.  Oh, in case you have not read enough background on our board,  I need to tell you Credit Karma credit reports are worth as much as heavily used toilet paper on an elephant with diarrhea

You need to be looking at real snail mailed reports from each credit repository..

It happens on a regular basis.  However, as Marv duly notes, take ZERO action before you have actual paper reports in hand from the four major bureaus. 

Not every OC sells their paper off and some make a decision not to even place it on a contingency basis.  Much depends on the individual circumstance as well as the nature of the account.  

Once you DO have paper reports in hand, then you will be in better position to draft a letter to the Executive Offices of each defaulted account and propose settlement.  Do not expect them to delete in exchange for payment though...