Agen2integra

EOS CCA - need help removing from CR

So I have a lot of issues that I must face when it comes to my repair journey that I’m about to embark on. I’ll spare the details and cut to the chase.

I recently pulled my CRs and found a CA, EOS CCA, reporting for a Verizon bill that I once had. Funny thing is, this isn’t even a legitimate bill that I owe. It all started when I wanted to switch to Comcast to get a lower monthly bill, but for whatever reason Comcast wasn’t able to connect me to their service. Truth be told, I canceled Verizon, was going to send my boxes back for this new Comcast. When Comcast couldn’t hook me up I called Verizon back to get new service. The person I talked to on the phone hooked me up with a new contract and set it up where I could use the existing cable box that I was using before. The catch, he had to send me new cable boxes to get me the 2 year pricing locked in. The rep said not to worry just send back the new cable box or drop it off at a Verizon center, which is exactly what I did. Well for months I kept getting two bills in the mail and each time I would call to get it straightened out and it would literally be 3 hours on the phone each time. I gave up hope and let it go to the waist side.

now fast forward... I read the all the physcdocs credit chapters and excited about tackling my repair. I did several searches and found some people disputed EOS CCA through the BBB. So this was my attempt. I sent them the following:

While recently going over my Credit Report I noticed that EOS CCA (Account # - 1091***) is reporting to the Credit Bureaus for an account with Verizon that has long since been resolved. The situation began a few years ago when I canceled my Verizon service for Comcast. Comcast was unfortunately unable to install cable to my home so i immediately reactivated my Verizon service and signed another 2 year contract. During my reactivation, I was told that I could use the preexisting cable boxes that i currently had set up, but, by default would be sending me "new" cable boxes since this was a new contract. The customer service rep requested to send back and return the "new" cable boxes that they were sending me. The "new" cable boxes were sent to me for when I reactivated my service and I immediately returned them back to a Verizon location located in the Xxxxxx xxxx Mall. Once they received the equipment back the bill was supposed to be dropped. I had continued to receive two bills from Verizon for sometime, one for new service and another from unreturned equipment. I eventually wrote an email to the CEO at the time, Lowell McAdam, and his executive office was supposed to have corrected the issue after I spoke with them. As long as I've known, this issue has been resolved and Verizon has never ever reported to ANY of my credit reports and now many years later this EOS CCA report for it pops up long after the fact. I have been clear of this deal with Verizon for many many years now. This is absolutely unacceptable and is damaging my credit score/reports. I request this account be removed from all 3 of my Credit Accounts in a timely matter.

They then responded with the following:

Dear BBB:

EOS CCA is in receipt of the complaint in regards to the above referenced account. We have reviewed the information provided and our findings are set forth below. 

Our client, US Asset Management, placed the above account with our office for collections on 01/18/2019 with a past due balance of $619.67. Please be advised that EOS CCA follows all applicable state and federal laws regarding debt collections and our company has acted accordingly with these guidelines.

In response to the instant complaint, which is the first contact EOS CCA has had with the consumer. EOS CCA will provide substantiation to the consumer and the account has been placed in a cease communications status in our office to provide time for the consumer to receive and review the forwarded information.  

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Consumer Relations Department at (800) 886-9177 for additional assistance.

Sincerely, 
EOS CCA Consumer Relations Department

what should my next course of action be at this point?? 

CMRRR to EOS asking them to verify?

It’s honestly frustrating.... someone please help!!

thanks for reading all of this! 

what is the DOFD according to VZ? This seems to be something you need to resolve with VZ not a JDB. If the paper has been sold, that could be a problem. Also, what do you have in writing that shows it was resolved with VZ via the CEO's office? I hope you saved the email.

Thanks for your response hegemony! The DOFD isn’t listed on my CR from the JDB. I live in PA and believe the DOFD should absolutely be past the SOL, which is 3yrs. Would you suggest contacting VZ to confirm this? After my email to the CEO, VZ had someone from the executive office call me to tell me they were researching the issue and would take care of it. I’m not able to find anything in writing to show it’s been taken care of, that’s the problem I guess.

Perhaps I’ll just send the new CEO of VZ an email in order to have someone in the executive office contact me to readdress this. 

The DOFD is indicated by your records or your best guess of when the account first went negative with the OC.

I would focus on getting VZ to fix the glitch.

The simplest way to get this off your reports (and fix any other problems you may have) is to follow these guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

For the subject account and any other NON MEDICAL accounts use this;

https://whychat.me/SOL PROGRAM GUIDE.html

Send each CRA where this account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/initdispltrsol.html

Do not use the underlined phrase as it is a CA reporting

This should get it off your reports, if it does not there is a DV ( dispute/validation) letter to send to the CA;

https://whychat.me/nottoca.html

What reply did you get when you prepared a well-written and specific letter to the Public Utilities Commission in your State, making sure to request an expedited public hearing on the matter?

If you did not take that step, then you should immediately do so, ensuring that you provide a copy to counsel for the entities in question...if they are local to you, then hand carry it. 

When I did that with Time Warner a number of years ago (not an issue that had been on the reports), I had a phone call back from Time Warner executives before I even got back to my office.  They had gotten their copy after I walked the original over to the PUC offices (which were just a few blocks from my office).  The issue was resolved VERY quickly and they did a copious amount of ass-kissing precisely because NO utility wants a public hearing since those hearings are NOT limited in scope... 

Thanks again for all the replies! I love the support of this community and do a lot more lurking, than posting. 

I sent another email to VZ this morning and received a response within a couple hours that they will call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed they can see what happened and handle this. I’ll provide an update once I hear back from them. 

My best guess of the DOFD was early 2016. My original email to VZ was sent Sept of 2016 and that was after months of frustration before I threw in the towel. Of course EOS, being a JDB, is reporting the “date opened” as 01/18/2019 on my EX report. I don’t have my other CRs available at the moment. 

Since submitting another email to the CEO of VZ, executive office has called me to tell me about their investigation. They told me that they will be buying the debt back from the CA. No time frame on when it will be removed, but that’s progress! Will update once it’s removed from CR. So happy right now