aroberson

Credit Report Missing a Previous Address

Would there be any positive change by getting my credit reports to show a previous address?  They have 2 of my other previous addresses, but it is missing a rental we lived in before we bought our house in 2016

If you have been living at your current address for 3 years plus, then, in my opinion, you don't need additional information on file with a credit bureau.   They already know enough about you, and that information is super easy to find, even if it is not on a credit bureau report.

Having addresses on a report is not typically a big deal...in fact, my residential addresses across the past ~20 years don't appear on ANY of the four major bureaus.  The PO Box is there, but NOT the houses.  Matters are further eased by the fact that EVERY tradeline is keyed to the PO Box...

31 minutes ago, shifter said:

I dispute and remove all old addresses. It's better to have them gone ASAP. 

only if you're dealing with baddies. otherwise they are a non-issue

23 hours ago, hegemony said:

only if you're dealing with baddies. otherwise they are a non-issue

Or if you're OCD. Old addresses bother me! 

14 hours ago, shifter said:

Or if you're OCD. Old addresses bother me! 

As a side note, I am seeing an uptick in those identity questions asking about addresses from twenty years ago, even though the address does not appear on any of the big four (and in a few instances, NEVER appeared on the reports). 

I'm annoyed because every time I ask Discovery for a CLI my employer's name ends up on my report again.

Missing addresses are similar to employer records. They both are proxies for stability. But these are probably not major factors. The last time I applied for a CC and was employed was in the 70's. According to my credit reports I've never had an employer. And that issue has only come up once.

I was questioned about that when I asked for a Chase CLI from 7.5k to 15k  and put down I was retired. They asked "how long ago"? Answered 10 years. Granted. Interesting question. I'm curious as to what the analyst was fishing for.

1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

Missing addresses are similar to employer records. They both are proxies for stability. But these are probably not major factors. The last time I applied for a CC and was employed was in the 70's. According to my credit reports I've never had an employer. And that issue has only come up once.

I was questioned about that when I asked for a Chase CLI from 7.5k to 15k  and put down I was retired. They asked "how long ago"? Answered 10 years. Granted. Interesting question. I'm curious as to what the analyst was fishing for.

these are items NOT included in FICO scoring and only matter during manual reviews and only then as ancillary items.