Any credit unions or credit card using TU for someone out of Texas?

creditxpert

The last post in this topic was posted 960 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

34 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

Check the CPDB. Enter TX and Transunion filters. Most entries include area code.

Area code is not always a reliable indicator in this day and age of porting numbers...I know a lot of people who still have their Lubbock numbers (806) despite moving to more southern parts of the State...

Unless you meant ZIP code, which would be something entirely different and IS keyed, generally, to the application...I say generally since there are people (like me) who have multiple addresses and where the houses are may not necessarily be the address of record. 

31 minutes ago, centex said:

Area code is not always a reliable indicator in this day and age of porting numbers...I know a lot of people who still have their Lubbock numbers (806) despite moving to more southern parts of the State...

Unless you meant ZIP code, which would be something entirely different and IS keyed, generally, to the application...I say generally since there are people (like me) who have multiple addresses and where the houses are may not necessarily be the address of record. 

1 hour ago, creditxpert said:

Not hiding, my TU is completely clean no baddies and EQ and EX have 1 baddie from 3yrs ago so TU has a higher fico that’s all

just be cognizant of unintended consequences. Don't forget, that despite the views of simple minded people, FICO is only a SMALL part of being approved for new credit. Also, @Burdell mentioned the GSapple card and IIRC Goldman pulls some alternative data depositories.

Frankly, you may be better off working on your reports and targeting cards that serve your spending patterns.

I was recently approved for Alliant Credit Union and Regions Bank, which both pull TU for me in Texas. Regions has a prequalification checker as well that will tell you your APR and credit limit. 

I chose the Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa because it offers a flat 2% cash back on everything and it can be used at Costco. I took the Regions Cash Back Visa Signature for a $100 signup bonus and the CL offer of $6k, which will help me during my rebuild over the next few years and help me get out of toy card limit hell. It also does a flat 1.5% back, which ain't bad either. 

On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, creditxpert said:

Houston Texas

I can only speak to three institutions across the past two years...I looked at an early 2018 report that I had imaged but the only thing it was showing was two pulls related to auto financing, and I know that the two banks in question used different bureaus on the card underwriting (TD and USSkank). 

Barclays is almost exclusively TU in this area (although they ALSO do a hard pull for line increase requests).  Alliant CU seems to be exclusively TU (based upon the use of the lakehouse when they wanted a physical address for where the vehicle would be- I had them approve the card at the same time although I declined their auto financing). 

Oh, and as R&B notes, Regions starts out with a soft pull and even tells you what the limit would be and then does a hard pull if you want to move forward.  I cannot add that datapoint since I have been restricted from CreditPulls through an error that nobody wants to sort out but it WAS a relatively recent card. 

The Barclays and Alliant information is a few years old but is not believed to have changed based upon what I see on regular account reviews...they both also provide a three-digit number using TU data, although Alliant is a FAKO.  The Barclays score is FICO8.  It does not brand itself as FICO8 but it tracks precisely what BofA shows me and BofA DOES state that FICO8 is in play...

I can vouch for Centex in regards to Regions. They only pulled TU for me. I'm Charlotte NC. They didn't seem to mind the fact that I've got around $200k in available credit. I always PIF, and usually before the statement cuts. My TU FICO 08 hovers around 790 to 810 depending which way the wind is blowing.

I wonder if UMB would let someone from NC have a CC. I get a hard on once in awhile for smallish regional bank credit cards.

31 minutes ago, TheVig said:

I wonder if UMB would let someone from NC have a CC. I get a hard on once in awhile for smallish regional bank credit cards.

UMB used to be the underwriter for a bunch of affinity cards, and those were given to people all around the nation. 

Sadly, the affinity cards that were mentioned in the links about a decade ago all seem to be dead offerings.  In fact, finding the affinity cards is a real challenge now save for a few that Elan (US Skank) handles.  I DID see that Justice has a bunch of cool looking cards but still cards that lack in a rewards appeal...the Association of Federal Narcotics Agents is a cool looking one as is the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI offering...

43 minutes ago, centex said:

UMB used to be the underwriter for a bunch of affinity cards, and those were given to people all around the nation. 

Sadly, the affinity cards that were mentioned in the links about a decade ago all seem to be dead offerings.  In fact, finding the affinity cards is a real challenge now save for a few that Elan (US Skank) handles.  I DID see that Justice has a bunch of cool looking cards but still cards that lack in a rewards appeal...the Association of Federal Narcotics Agents is a cool looking one as is the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI offering...

There is a few banks in Charlotte I don't have cards with because they use Elan. I've never had any dealings with Elan, but something makes me feel icky about them.

3 hours ago, centex said:

you mean line this???? https://cardpartner.com/app/

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

you mean line this???? https://cardpartner.com/app/

That was one of them...so many that were in that master thread of UMB cards have withered and died...and most of the organizations don't seem to have hooked up with anyone else. 

Did not realize the guide dogs one was still alive and kicking...I had one of the other partner cards but, like you, got rid of it some years back. 

The last post in this topic was posted 960 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.