cashnocredit

Corona Virus. Upswing in work at home?

13 hours ago, PotO said:

No, there are no tracking devices.  That's a myth. 

In Wuhan and parts of Hubei Province, life is still hell.  While there are no new cases, people are still restricted to their homes.  Depending on your housing estate, you "may" be permitted outside at certain times to pick up food items provided by the neighborhood committee, but only inside the estate.  Masks are mandatory.  If your housing estate is not lucky, you stay in your home 24/7 and the only way you exit is on a stretcher and / or in handcuffs.  Food is brought to each apartment at designated times.  Not that I'd consider any of that shiat edible, mind you.  

The big question is when will things return to normal.  In Beijing, probably in another couple of months.  Likely May at the very earliest.  Most likely June.  And even then it depends on how the whole COVID-19 circus develops.  As for Hubei Province and some surrounding areas, maybe much longer. 

There are tracking devices. You hold it in your hand. It's called the Chinese version of iPhone with its tracking software.

So China is finally the prison nation some of us imagined it would become, and what is happening in Wuhan could become permanent.

3 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

There are tracking devices. You hold it in your hand. It's called the Chinese version of iPhone with its tracking software.

So China is finally the prison nation some of us imagined it would become, and what is happening in Wuhan could become permanent.

Absolutely. No surprise that investment in 5G, AI, etc continues to expand and will accelerate. This will help the govt keep track of people and when necessary take appropriate actions to isolate, monitor, identify, etc.

9 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Tracking devices do exist.  A cell phone can be tracked.  But you've been watching too much CSI if think tracking devices are used to track people in China for COVID-19 purposes.  Obviously you know little about the reality there.  They don't need high tech tracking devices.  

Some with a dismal IQ might call it a prison nation.  Others might call it a total necessity.  Look at NY, San Fran, LA, Las Vegas and an increasing number of other cities.  Well, you ain't seen nothing yet.  If NY hits 3,000 croaking from COVID-19, watch them call out the National Guard.  Ooops, my bad ... they already did and they only have < 150 deaths.  

There's a reason out of only about 100,000 COVID-19 cases they only had about 3,500 deaths.  Sometimes arseholes don't finish last.  

1 hour ago, PotO said:

Some with a dismal IQ might call it a prison nation.  Others might call it a total necessity.

So you consider such a society a necessity. Good to know. And yet you claim to wear the uniform of the US Armed Forces and yet you cheerlead for the PRC regime. You are disgusting and a disgrace.

5 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

So you consider such a society a necessity. Good to know. And yet you claim to wear the uniform of the US Armed Forces and yet you cheerlead for the PRC regime. You are disgusting and a disgrace.

So obviously you are the one with a dismal IQ.  I'm sorry it hurts when you think.  

There are positive and negative sides to almost every thing in life.  While there are certainly disgusting aspects of the Chinese government, they did handle the COVID-19 issue quite effectively once they started getting their act together.  In an area with a population approximately 10 times that of both LA and NYC put together, they walked away with about 3,000 deaths from over 80,000+ known infections within a 120-day period.   On the other hand, the US is but 30-odd days into the heart of the matter and the CDC estimates we will see upwards of 50,000 dead bodies from COVID-19 within 180 days the way things are going now.   And everybody thinks it's particularly cute how in spite of shelter-in-place restrictions Miami Beach is packed by people -- probably your twins.  

There's a reason I am wearing the uniform I do and then why you put your Girl Scout uniform on to make you feel like a man.  

7 hours ago, PotO said:

So obviously you are the one with a dismal IQ.  I'm sorry it hurts when you think.  

There are positive and negative sides to almost every thing in life.  While there are certainly disgusting aspects of the Chinese government, they did handle the COVID-19 issue quite effectively once they started getting their act together.  In an area with a population approximately 10 times that of both LA and NYC put together, they walked away with about 3,000 deaths from over 80,000+ known infections within a 120-day period.   On the other hand, the US is but 30-odd days into the heart of the matter and the CDC estimates we will see upwards of 50,000 dead bodies from COVID-19 within 180 days the way things are going now.   And everybody thinks it's particularly cute how in spite of shelter-in-place restrictions Miami Beach is packed by people -- probably your twins.  

There's a reason I am wearing the uniform I do and then why you put your Girl Scout uniform on to make you feel like a man.  

You can cheer for China, I can still live in reality and understand why these things keep coming from a place like that. It is not a civilized land.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

You can cheer for China, I can still live in reality and understand why these things keep coming from a place like that. It is not a civilized land.

You must have comprehension issues if you believe I am "cheering for China."  I simply pointed out that one of the world's shiattiest governments did, in one isolated instance, finally do something correct.  

Civilized?  In some ways uncivilized.  In some ways not.  I certainly find the fact that San Fran-style junkies aren't shooting up and crapping on the sidewalks here civilized.  

I get a kick out of the China-Virus-Neanderthals.  Did COVID-19 originate in China?  Of course.  Did they make things worse in the beginning by incompetence and deceit?  Definitely.  But to use the term "China Virus" is hypocritical unless, of course, you want to call H1N1 the "American Virus".  

As for incompetence, there seems to be quite a bit going around these days.  Shelter-in-place is in effect, yet Miami Beach is arsehole to belly button with Spring Break.  Florida authorities already reported at least 15 cases developed from beach partying.  The average is 2.6 people infected by just one, but that's obviously on the very low side by the looks of things now.  We've gone from about 2 dozen cases (not counting those from the cruise ship) to over 35,000 in a matter of a few weeks.  Really cute, eh?  Sure, we really do need more Einsteins at the beaches.  Or ski resorts.  Or packed like sardines in some Wendy's.  Or in community birthday parties in the parks.  🙄

Edited by PotO

You'll get no argument from me that San Fran is uncivilized. That goes with the territory in those cities. However, they've yet to create a pandemic from their behavior.

10 hours ago, PotO said:

You just earned yourself a few days in Credit Boards quarantine. Enjoy your stay.

Posted (edited)

I guess CB now requires 100% cheerleading for America's impotent response to the crisis? And insulting someone's service to our country is acceptable? It is bad enough the 4chan-like comments about SFO are tolerated these days but now I guess we are expected to demonstrate support of Dear LEader.

Edited by hegemony

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

I guess CB now requires 100% cheerleading for America's impotent response to the crisis? And insulting someone's service to our country is acceptable? It is bad enough the 4chan-like comments about SFO are tolerated these days but now I guess we are expected to demonstrate support of Dear LEader.

CreditBoards requires that our membership base adhere to our Terms of Service.  Nothing more, nothing less.   I would urge everyone to show a modicum of respect for one another.