bozzburg

Removal from One but Not the Other CRA's

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to all! Question for some pros. I disputed a Verizon Wireless collection account on all 3 CRA's. The usual "verified" thing happened on TRANS and EXP but, it was removed for EQ

The question is, am I able to dispute again with TRANS and EXP stating that the account was removed on EQ simple and plain? If so, do I just dispute and say TL was inaccurate and removed from EQ and should have been removed on all 3, please remove?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by bozzburg

the four major CRAs don't care what each other reports or how each other respond to your disputes.

what means did you employ for the disputes?

As noted, method of dispute is not indicated here. 

There are some times where the bureaus talk to each other, but this is not one of them.

Further, you don't indicate when the dispute occurred.  As such, this could be as simple as not replying in the time one bureau looks for before suppressing an item that lacks a timely reply.  There are ALSO some entities that do not report to all bureaus and, if the entity holding the VZW paper is not presently updating, that is another variable...it is not at all uncommon for an entity to stop updates to a bureau, meanwhile the item reporting will remain in place until either a dispute occurs or it ages off of the report. 

As an example, I have an old BofA account that last updated in the middle part of 2010.  It is a positive account so I gain nothing from disputing it.  But it sits with no current activity other than to report as a closed account with a zero balance.  I will miss it when it goes away... 

26 minutes ago, centex said:

As noted, method of dispute is not indicated here. 

There are some times where the bureaus talk to each other, but this is not one of them.

Further, you don't indicate when the dispute occurred.  As such, this could be as simple as not replying in the time one bureau looks for before suppressing an item that lacks a timely reply.  There are ALSO some entities that do not report to all bureaus and, if the entity holding the VZW paper is not presently updating, that is another variable...it is not at all uncommon for an entity to stop updates to a bureau, meanwhile the item reporting will remain in place until either a dispute occurs or it ages off of the report. 

As an example, I have an old BofA account that last updated in the middle part of 2010.  It is a positive account so I gain nothing from disputing it.  But it sits with no current activity other than to report as a closed account with a zero balance.  I will miss it when it goes away... 

I disputed an old employee account where the balances were incorrect from an assumption of liability. I had a payment agreement that I was good on and the accounts were never properly combined so one went past due because they never combined on their end. So I stopped paying on it, it never got fixed and the wrote the account off almost 4 years ago.

They updated it as an unpaid CO in November of 2019. I figured hell with it. So I disputed on all 3 as balance incorrect, never late. I got back "verified" results from TRANS and EXP but EQ deleted the account. So in essence, I was wondering if I can use the removed TL letter from EQ and re-dispute on EXP and TRANS for an easy deletion.

Posted (edited)

But HOW did you dispute?  I can only HOPE it was a hard-copy letter and not online...

Also, you STILL did not indicate WHEN you disputed and WHEN the results posted. 

These are ALL relevant variables...

Edited by centex

1 hour ago, centex said:

But HOW did you dispute?  I can only HOPE it was a hard-copy letter and not online...

Also, you STILL did not indicate WHEN you disputed and WHEN the results posted. 

These are ALL relevant variables...

I feel like I'm being attacked here people. It was a snail mail dispute. Door to door, from time of dispute was 46 days. That's accounting for the mail.

All I was really asking was "is this a viable method" for disputing? Was it ever tried? Was it succesful? My apologies for leaving out relevant info. It wasn't intentional.

1 hour ago, bozzburg said:

I feel like I'm being attacked here people. It was a snail mail dispute. Door to door, from time of dispute was 46 days. That's accounting for the mail.

All I was really asking was "is this a viable method" for disputing? Was it ever tried? Was it succesful? My apologies for leaving out relevant info. It wasn't intentional.

no worries. and nobody was attacking you. As suggested, sending something from TU to one of the other four is futile. Have you tried the "
jack attack" on this item?

18 hours ago, bozzburg said:

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to all! Question for some pros. I disputed a Verizon Wireless collection account on all 3 CRA's. The usual "verified" thing happened on TRANS and EXP but, it was removed for EQ

The question is, am I able to dispute again with TRANS and EXP stating that the account was removed on EQ simple and plain? If so, do I just dispute and say TL was inaccurate and removed from EQ and should have been removed on all 3, please remove?

Thanks in advance!

How much is this debt?  How old?

They have an Arb agreement that you can serve notice on.  You have to state that you plan on invoking it in writing.  It states that they have to pay $4k or something if you do end up going to Arb.  The do require a 30 notice which you have to do in writing.  I used that on Jefferson Capital for Wife's bogus $1,600.00 CA and they ran away screaming, deleting on the way.  They obviously wanted nothing to do with it and deleted within a week or two.  I would imagine this may work with Verizon itself but who knows.  

19 hours ago, bozzburg said:

I feel like I'm being attacked here people.

centex has a bad habit of assuming nobody knows what they are doing until proven otherwise. it's just her charming personality.

but as hege said in the first response, the answer to your question is that's not going to work.

19 hours ago, hegemony said:

no worries. and nobody was attacking you. As suggested, sending something from TU to one of the other four is futile. Have you tried the "
jack attack" on this item?

Thanks Hege. Next up is JACK. I guess I just got mega lucky on EQ and they drug their feet. I'll take the victory on that one I guess.

5 hours ago, pacemaker67 said:

They have an Arb agreement that you can serve notice on.  You have to state that you plan on invoking it in writing.  It states that they have to pay $4k or something if you do end up going to Arb.  The do require a 30 notice which you have to do in writing.  I used that on Jefferson Capital for Wife's bogus $1,600.00 CA and they ran away screaming, deleting on the way.  They obviously wanted nothing to do with it and deleted within a week or two.  I would imagine this may work with Verizon itself but who knows.  

5 hours ago, pacemaker67 said:

Almost 4 years old. The amount is around $2,300. I am familiar with ARB. Good thought on that. I honestly didn't even think about that. I'll try some other methods first before that. I'd rather "backdoor" attempt to remove it then get into ARB. Like I said, you brought up a great point!

3 hours ago, bozzburg said:

Almost 4 years old. The amount is around $2,300. I am familiar with ARB. Good thought on that. I honestly didn't even think about that. I'll try some other methods first before that. I'd rather "backdoor" attempt to remove it then get into ARB. Like I said, you brought up a great point!

I didn't even intend to follow through...  just 30 day noticed them of my intentions as they require in their service agreement.

Simply, send a copy of your updated EQ report to both TRANS and EXP explaining that EQ investigated your dispute and was not able to prove (validate) that you were responsible for this debt.   Demand they remove it immediately from your credit file.  See what happens!  I've had success using this tactic many times.  

Edited by creditspy

1 hour ago, creditspy said:

Simply, send a copy of your updated EQ report to both TRANS and EXP explaining that EQ investigated your dispute and was not able to prove (validate) that you were responsible for this debt.   Demand they remove it immediately from your credit file.  See what happens!  I've had success using this tactic many times.  

That is perhaps the worst piece of advice I have seen on this board since 2003 when I joined this board.  Do not EVER share your credit files among bureaus.    To all of our members, or even the new people who come here, please do not do this.

Is it Friday already?  Or did yet another of the credit sites populated by idiots get shut down? 

Concurring with Marv to disregard the "guidance" offered by the one-post wonder...

2 hours ago, creditspy said:

eoDl4SX.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, MarvBear said:

That is perhaps the worst piece of advice I have seen on this board since 2003 when I joined this board.  Do not EVER share your credit files among bureaus.    To all of our members, or even the new people who come here, please do not do this.

It really works sometimes. But instead if the whole report i would just send investigation results. 

1 hour ago, Andys said:

It really works sometimes. But instead if the whole report i would just send investigation results. 

no No NO NO.    Now I got two of you.   Don't try and gang up on an old man.   Ain't happening.

On 1/16/2020 at 4:14 AM, creditspy said:

Does it hurt when you think?

4 hours ago, Andys said:

I bet we got twin turds here, folks.  

On 1/15/2020 at 5:22 PM, hegemony said:

eoDl4SX.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, MarvBear said:

Crazy or not, I'm impressed with the elegant way some express their differences of opinion with others, .  I'm sure we're all here to help regardless of how many posts we've submitted.  Calm down, take a deep breath, be civil and  it will be beneficial to all, whether we agree or not..  I've been involved in credit repair since 1989, probably before some of you were born.  A little respect is due all.

3 hours ago, creditspy said:

Crazy or not, I'm impressed with the elegant way some express their differences of opinion with others, .  I'm sure we're all here to help regardless of how many posts we've submitted.  Calm down, take a deep breath, be civil and  it will be beneficial to all, whether we agree or not..  I've been involved in credit repair since 1989, probably before some of you were born.  A little respect is due all.

what do you have against Fred G. Sanford? (the G stands for Gaberlunzie

22 hours ago, creditspy said:

There is no difference of opinion. You gave some terrible advice. That’s is a fact, not an opinion.

Also, you may want to proofread before clicking submit. Your use of punctuation could use some improvement. This is another fact, not an opinion.