Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
rodneywalker

BUSINESS ADDRESS QUESTION

Recommended Posts

Hello Guys, 

I think I know the answer but a recent search I did not find anything. I'm just lookin for updated 2020 information. My question is I am starting a business and it won't be a physical location. To build business credit, is it ok to use a UPS Store box, or some other type of business address I can buy because I don't want to add my home address to the secretary of state papers or anything. I also don't want to buy an office because I dont need an office. What are the updated ways I should handle this to not be penalized by creditors because of an address. 

 

Thank You everyone and Happy New Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality is most state filings I’m aware of require you to list your physical address. If that is your house, apartment, lake house what ever your suppose to list it. 
 

You don’t want to use those virtual addresses. Your better off just using a PO Box and the physical address that goes with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BRBiz said:

The reality is most state filings I’m aware of require you to list your physical address. If that is your house, apartment, lake house what ever your suppose to list it. 
 

You don’t want to use those virtual addresses. Your better off just using a PO Box and the physical address that goes with it. 

 

I wouldn't recommend using your home address.  Someone you have a disagreement with may show up there...happened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Videogamesrock said:

 

I wouldn't recommend using your home address.  Someone you have a disagreement with may show up there...happened to me.

I’m speaking only business credit wise, if you have angry people showing up you have other issues! LOL! And like I said you generally required to have the actual business address filed with the state so people can find you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRBiz said:

I’m speaking only business credit wise, if you have angry people showing up you have other issues! LOL! And like I said you generally required to have the actual business address filed with the state so people can find you!

You can use your registered agents address too.   And yes, you will piss somebody off at sometime in your line of business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Videogamesrock said:

You can use your registered agents address too.   And yes, you will piss somebody off at sometime in your line of business.

Yes agents are for legal service BUT many states still require a physical address. If you pissed some off that bad they will find your address anyway! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as already stated, use home as physical addr and get a po box for a mailing addr

 

dont make your physical home addr avail to "angry customers"

 

for official stuff and biz credit use your physical home addr 

 

everything else should have your mailing addr

 

a reg agent svc is fine for state docs but dont try to use it as a phys addr

 

also keep in mind, DnB will reject any kind of fake phys addr, virtual, mailing etc.. so no point trying

 

rinse, repeat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  




  • Today's Birthdays

    1. cadman
      cadman
      Age: 55
    2. lsacto
      lsacto
      Age: 34
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      178,456
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    tamijo5050
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines