cbseeker

Capital One Combine Accounts No Go

Posted (edited)

I decided to open a "Quicksilver" Cap One card to today as I will use it as my number one cash back card, instant $15K line. There is also a $150 sign-on bonus after spending $500 in 3 months, easy no brainer. I also have a old Venture One card with a $10K line.  Both cards no annual fee. I intended to close the Venture One and move its line to the new card.  Calling Cap One the helpful rep said no can do this is not available on the website. I asked and was transferred to a US based agent since I was getting nowhere with the non-USA (Central America) rep.

The US based rep couldn't do this either as she said this is not an option on the website.   

Is this a known Cap One thing, I have had no issues with Barclays, Chase, Citi, in doing this exact thing?

Edited by cbseeker
Added Sign up bonus note

read the master thread on creditors that combo and the crap1 master thread. I'm sorry to hear this is your best cashback card.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

read the master thread on creditors that combo and the crap1 master thread. I'm sorry to hear this is your best cashback card.

Thanks Hege, as an aside what do you use for your best cashback card without all the changing category BS....ie, I 'm lazy.

1 hour ago, cbseeker said:

Thanks Hege, as an aside what do you use for your best cashback card without all the changing category BS....ie, I 'm lazy.

it depends on what I'm buying. In general, I avoid category chasing quarterly low-capped cards like discovery and freedom. Alliant 3%/2.5% is easy to cover the AF on as well as BCP. For travel I generally stick with JPMR, Amex Platinum, or Citi Prestige. I have over 100k in limits across my two crap1 cards and closed them last year as I found no reason to use them other than the prior year's SUB.

We are on the same page as far as travel goes, Amex P, but I like my Chase SP as well.

After a quick trip to Alliant I am all hooked up, same *low* $15K limit as Cap One though. Much better cashback fun, thanks for the advice.

Income - $150K below $200K, and a happy 850 FICO from whatever FICO Alliant used, something copyright 2015 on the H-4.

11 hours ago, cbseeker said:

I decided to open a "Quicksilver" Cap One card to today as I will use it as my number one cash back card, instant $15K line. There is also a $150 sign-on bonus after spending $500 in 3 months, easy no brainer. I also have a old Venture One card with a $10K line.  Both cards no annual fee. I intended to close the Venture One and move its line to the new card.  Calling Cap One the helpful rep said no can do this is not available on the website. I asked and was transferred to a US based agent since I was getting nowhere with the non-USA (Central America) rep.

The US based rep couldn't do this either as she said this is not an option on the website.   

Is this a known Cap One thing, I have had no issues with Barclays, Chase, Citi, in doing this exact thing?

CapOne stopped combinations a while back.

I also have the Quicksilver, which I only keep open for age.  It's among the very worst, least rewarding general-purpose rewards cards I have.  

Even 2% back with no annual fee is basically a rewards card starter kit.

0.5% extra doesn't sound like a lot, but it's 33% more cash back on everything you buy.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:10 AM, cv91915 said:

I also have the Quicksilver, which I only keep open for age.  It's among the very worst, least rewarding general-purpose rewards cards I have.  

Even 2% back with no annual fee is basically a rewards card starter kit.

0.5% extra doesn't sound like a lot, but it's 33% more cash back on everything you buy.

I also just noticed that my QS is doing this:

Q4lBOLm.png

The coating is NOT coming off the back of the card because of frequent swiping.  The card is almost never even touched.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, Occam said:

You should at least be able to PC the worthless Venture One to another Quicksilver. Try this link:

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Interesting! That appeared to work, I was able upgrade the worthless V1 to another Quicksilver. Now I have two QS's showing in my accounts and once I get the new one from last week activated (should arrive today) I will try and combine the 2 QS's into one, I am hopeful with a combined CL of $25K.

Thanks for the link and tip!

6 hours ago, cbseeker said:

Interesting! That appeared to work, I was able upgrade the worthless V1 to another Quicksilver. Now I have two QS's showing in my accounts and once I get the new one from last week activated (should arrive today) I will try and combine the 2 QS's into one, I am hopeful with a combined CL of $25K.

Thanks for the link and tip!

They will not let you combine the cards.