Quando.Joy

Irksome Notice from Card Issuer - Skittle me this..

Well, I exceeded an established limit set by a lender, 48.00 bucks and change.  Notice arrives referencing the delinquency having with an offer to remedy the default. Irksome is wording that implies the outstanding amount due is an amount to make the balance $0.00. While due really is a minimum payment 78.00 bucks even. 

Someone with a better working knowledge of those laws regarding language, syntax, technicalities of painting, respond with insight including an answer to this question could the lender be on the hook for misrepresenting the amount, or some other infraction?

To date, the account is open, no notice received of account closure wherein then the whole amount is due. 

This sounds like some toy card...but even the real cards are going to generate some manner of notice when you blow through the limit.  Some will ALSO hit you with an overlimit fee even though they authorized the charge. 

You screwed up.  Pay the amount due and move on with life.  The fact that you don't like the language is immaterial. 

generally speaking, the card agreements I've entered into stipulate that if I go over my limit, perhaps on a NPSL card, the next payment is the minimum payment PLUS the overage.

regardless, always PIF.

what company issuers the card?

No quibble in that regard. 

Issuer's statement of concern is that to become current, the cardholder must pay the entire balance carried on the card. Card agreement references the overlimit occasion and penalty, like you said.  

Misrepresenting character/amount...

Negligent v. Innocent 

The OP's history comes across as a word salad generator...nothing an issuer does ever seems to meet with some imaginary bar the OP has set.  And when pushed for more information, the OP likes to just give fragments which then preclude a complete reply to their perceived issue.  But they have at least gotten their average post count per year over one...

I'm not prepared to make a call on this until I see the wording of the lender's notice.  Not doubting the OP at this point; just not accepting it at face value -- seems a bit unlikely (though indeed possible).

9 hours ago, Quando.Joy said:

Hegemony:  Yes, credit card, bank issued, Visa licensed.  

Jethro, Visa does not issue credit cards.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, Quando.Joy said:

Well, I exceeded an established limit set by a lender, 48.00 bucks and change.  Notice arrives referencing the delinquency having with an offer to remedy the default. Irksome is wording that implies the outstanding amount due is an amount to make the balance $0.00. While due really is a minimum payment 78.00 bucks even. 

Someone with a better working knowledge of those laws regarding language, syntax, technicalities of painting, respond with insight including an answer to this question could the lender be on the hook for misrepresenting the amount, or some other infraction?

To date, the account is open, no notice received of account closure wherein then the whole amount is due. 

Who is the issuing lender that approved your "credit card"?

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jtimothy1790
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines