SoCalRiverWhip

Do I have any chance of B of A removing my late?

Need some advice, I'm really upset right now. I just found out my credit score dropped 101 points because of a late payment reported on my mortgage. I switched to a new bill payment system and fat fingered the mortgage payment amount and paid $2100 instead of $2200. Payment was due on the 1st, I mailed payment on the 10th, they received it on the 16th, I noticed the underpayment on the 33rd day past the 1st, so technically yes, past their 30 days but made the $100 payment immediately. Bank of America reported me as a missed payment. I'm livid and they won't reconsider their decision. Paid on time and never missed a payment since 2006 and this happens. How long will this effect my score and how can I recover from this? Went from 725 to 624, unbelievable.

This would be worth a goodwill request, in writing and mailed to a targeted Bank of America executive.

In this case you are looking for the person who runs mortgage servicing, not mortgage origination (assuming they're different).

I would include a screenshot of the amount you paid and the amount that was due, to underscore the fact that it was an honest mistake.

You could also try this:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/customer-service/contact-us/feedback-form/

... although of all the successful goodwill stories I've read over the years, I can't think of any that begin with "I submitted a form online..."  But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Call the EO tomorrow. They are very responsive. 

On 1/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, shifter said:

Call the EO tomorrow. They are very responsive. 

Even better.