Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

alarm.com TCPA settlement

Not sure where to post this but apparently I am getting a check over $600 for a TCPA class action settlement in the Abante Rooter and Plumbing Inc., et al vs Alarm.com Incorporated et al.  

I received a notice from the settlement administrator saying I need to fill out a W9 b/c my settlement was determined to be over $600 and if I didn't fill it out it would be reduced to $599.

I filled it out in November and followed up today and no checks have been sent.  The settlement administrator claims to not know payments and this money (which is supposed to be mailed early 2020) could really come in hand.

Has anyone else filed a claim in that class action?  Top Class Actions say the settlement is from 42 to 150 dollars but apparently alot of people are getting more than 600 (my guess is not many filed claims).  The settlement was 28 mil so that leaves like 16 million to be distributed to the class members. It was kind of an obscure settlement so just wondering if anyone else participated.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, mysticspirit25 said:

Not sure where to post this but apparently I am getting a check over $600 for a TCPA class action settlement in the Abante Rooter and Plumbing Inc., et al vs Alarm.com Incorporated et al.  

I received a notice from the settlement administrator saying I need to fill out a W9 b/c my settlement was determined to be over $600 and if I didn't fill it out it would be reduced to $599.

I filled it out in November and followed up today and no checks have been sent.  The settlement administrator claims to not know payments and this money (which is supposed to be mailed early 2020) could really come in hand.

Has anyone else filed a claim in that class action?  Top Class Actions say the settlement is from 42 to 150 dollars but apparently alot of people are getting more than 600 (my guess is not many filed claims).  The settlement was 28 mil so that leaves like 16 million to be distributed to the class members. It was kind of an obscure settlement so just wondering if anyone else participated.

Did you get the settlement?

On 5/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, hegemony said:

Did you get the settlement?

I did, it was $729.00.  I don't even remember getting the calls..but they said my cell # was part of the settlement so I got the check about 2 months ago and cashed it and went on my merry way.  My guess is it was such an obscure settlement that many people never filed claims, which explains why everyone's settlement was so high.  This cements my belief that no matter what the class action is or how popular you think it may be, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS file a claim, you might be surprised.  I sure was.

Edited by mysticspirit25