Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Master 2020 Approvals and CLIs Thread

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

right - For me, the effort wasn't worth the earn, as the best I can do is $50 or maybe $100 cash back, if I could find $10k worth of payments to make.

Not worth it for the money alone.

The past 2 or 3 years I've used spending on my Aviator Silver to top off my EQDs and renew my AA Executive Platinum status, which generally yields more than 80% domestic upgrade success on 80+ flight segments a year, not to mention 4 system-wide upgrades that I use every year on international flights.

That's significant. 

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Not worth it for the money alone.

The past 2 or 3 years I've used spending on my Aviator Silver to top off my EQDs and renew my AA Executive Platinum status, which generally yields more than 80% domestic upgrade success on 80+ flight segments a year, not to mention 4 system-wide upgrades that I use every year on international flights.

That's significant. 

That's the issue for me.  The only 2 cards where I can get an ancillary benefit from spend are both Visa, and the largest payment I could make is my mortgage, which can't be paid with a Visa so I am SOL.

6 hours ago, smartlypretty said:

Although my score keeps fluctuating between 650 and 700 and I went down four points to like 654, I just FINALLY got approved for AmEx Gold so you guys won't have to hear my thirst comments about it anymore. :D 

You're giving me hope! I have been trying to get the BCP for a while now, but my Experian is busted AF. My score is at 646, so at least there's a chance!

Screen-Shot-2020-06-10-at-3-44-14-AM.png

Chase Ink Preferred Business ($7,000 and took 3 recons) and Chase Sapphire Reserve ($10,000) approved last week and got it in mail yesterday. My first apps in more than 6 years (Lots of personal reasons, i went on a self imposed hibernation). DCU Equifax says 809.

11 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

You're giving me hope! I have been trying to get the BCP for a while now, but my Experian is busted AF. My score is at 646, so at least there's a chance!

All my scores were averaged at 697 and all within 5 points of 700 on March 31, and then Navient went insane annotating my CRs and my scores dropped a ton, like 100 points initially.

A lot of ppl with student loans are seeing this, I just saw a thread about it 5 minutes ago. And I got some points back, but was frozen at 661 EX for 2 SPs.

Then they re-pulled and I dropped four points. But I was poking around last night and checked my pre-approvals, and I had none. I can't remember what happened specifically, but I clicked Gold and instead of "Expanding Your Membership Is Easy," I got a different message. I have to look at a DM I sent last night because I asked someone who asked me to use their referral if it was safe to apply.

If you have Amex it's soft anyway, but I didn't want to delay approval and they said it looked like a pre-approval so I used their link even though I coulda tried for the 50K :) And I got approved! (Also incidentally my typing just started going backwards which is weird, I always blame my late husband.) 

So my card is supposed to come tomorrow or the next day but they also gave me the option of saving my number and adding it to Apple Pay.

I do think if I wasn't an Amex cardholder it might have been different, but I was surprised they didn't want me to be back at 700 before applying. I also really want 1-2 Amex business cards and IDK how long to wait for them. I keep hearing BBP is good with flat 2% back in MRs and I still want Amazon. Amazon doesn't have a SUB requirement to worry about but I think BBP does. 

ETA: There is a TikTok video called something like "Amex Plat ppl be like" and it's just people throwing the card so it clanks and I can't find it.

B&H Payboo Approved  - $4k

They tried to pull my frozen EX, then pulled TU instead. It was an instant approval, which is rarity for me, so I am pretty proud of it. I really have put off getting this card for too long. The credit back of full sales tax (8.25%) is better than any rewards credit card can offer. You do have to pay in full to avoid interest on the card, but I am fine with that. I decided to apply today because the time has finally come for me to buy a new computer. I ran through all the different numbers scenarios (second best option was to use Rakuten + Disco Miles for a combined 5% back at Adorama plus Adorama points on top of that) and the Payboo card was still the most cost effective option. I shoot photos and videos for a living, so this Payboo card is going to come in handy....

Surprisingly, poking around I found another of the message on AmEx so I applied for my first biz card, BBC with 6 month sub ... approved!

Showing 2K SL but that might be standard. Do I dare app for the Amazon card I've lusted after for so long? DO I DARE?

Oh hey, forgot to post...

Citi Diamond Preferred, approved $3k back on like...the 12th maybe?

Hit up the EO office for a CL reallocation from my AAdvantage to the DP so I can do the BT I need.

Posted (edited)

DW got a CSP a couple months ago $15.5k not sure if I added it here that SUB is done

DW Amex BBP $9k

Edited by scott31337

Two recent approvals:

Discover CLI of $300, which brought my Cash Back It (formerly secured) to $3,300.

I applied for a second BB&T Card via soft pull. I wanted to see what they would do now that my Equifax is clean and shiny. I obtained my first card from them with 5 charge-offs showing and a score of 630. Now my EQ score is over 780 with good utilization, but more than a few new accounts. I was approved for a $6,500 Visa Signature. Not sure of the ongoing APR yet. They make some interesting underwriting decisions at BB&T, to say the least.

Posted (edited)

Two more approvals this month:

I got another CLI from Discover for $500 on my It Cash Back card. They gave me a CLI for the second month in a row on this card, so I am a happy camper. The CL is now $3,800, and this started as a $400 secured card back in 10/2017. 

The second approval I got was for a US Bank secured card. I didn't really need a secured card, but I wanted to get a foot in the door at US Bank, so I can later do a PC to Cash+ or one of the Altitude cards. Since my Experian file is still messed up and will be for a while, there was no way I would get approved for an unsecured card from them, so I am just going to put this secured card on autopay for a few monthly subscriptions and wait for it to graduate. They pull TU for graduation, so that shouldn't be a problem considering my TU score is about 786, whereas my Experian is about 643.

Edited by RehabbingANDBlabbing

2 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Two more approvals this month:

I got another CLI from Discover for $500 on my It Cash Back card. They gave me a CLI for the second month in a row on this card, so I am a happy camper. The CL is now $3,800, and this started as a $400 secured card back in 10/2017. 

The second approval I got was for a US Bank secured card. I didn't really need a secured card, but I wanted to get a foot in the door at US Bank, so I can later do a PC to Cash+ or one of the Altitude cards. Since my Experian file is still messed up and will be for a while, there was no way I would get approved for an unsecured card from them, so I am just going to put this secured card on autopay for a few monthly subscriptions and wait for it to graduate. They pull TU for graduation, so that shouldn't be a problem considering my TU score is about 786, whereas my Experian is about 643.

You're on a roll!

I called Wells Fargo and asked for a CLI on the Cashback Visa Signature card from $12.3K to $20K and they were able to do it with a soft pull.  Hindsight being 20/20 I'm mad that I didn't ask for 30K to see how high they would go without a hard pull.     

CFNA - Firestone

$4000 to $4500

Not sure when I got the increase. Card only sees a few oil changes a year to keep it active.

Neither credit nor an approval per se, but I got a notification just now that I'm off the waiting list for my Robinhood card AND I can earn .3% on uninvested cash balances.

As of now my account is down $250 :)