Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Master 2020 Approvals and CLIs Thread

58 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

I always thought the CPDB was for CC approvals/denials... not CLI's :dntknw:

CLI approvals or denials could be helpful but if the Creditboards Database isn't suppose to be used that way then I stand uncorrected.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:02 AM, cv91915 said:

...pay our California property tax installment (deadline: 4/10).

At least you got something out of it. Some of the most dreaded words in the state of California.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:02 AM, cv91915 said:

Card arrived.

I hit the required spending in one transaction by using the card to pay our California property tax installment (deadline: 4/10).

Net cost for the credit card fee is $1.90 per $1,000 paid (2.19% fee minus 2% back in rewards),

We saved ~$600 on this tax installment.

Thanks, Capital One.

The first statement closed already.  Payment is due 5/8.  :lol: 

On 4/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, creditmaze said:

I would like to interject a question since it relates to cc approvals and CLI. I notice that a lot are not entered in the Creditpulls Database. Why are seasoned CB members not doing that?

I havent applied for any card in 3 years, nothing interests me.

Posted (edited)

My mom, US Bank Altitude Reserve ($10,000).

SUB is worth $750 on travel (after $5k spend in 3 months).

I don't think I've ever worked this hard to get an approval.

This card requires an existing US Bank relationship, and for some reason Mom was out of town when they leased their last car (from US Bank), so only Dad's name is on the lease.  Of course, no one remembered this until I started hitting walls.  

So I opened a US Bank savings account for her online, and US Bank's web site fought me every step of the way.

Then they couldn't find her first app, so I had to apply again.  This went pending and Mom, so I had her call.  They didn't really need anything specific, but the rep did say that he would pull it out of one queue and put it into another to help it along in the process.  (???)

I think I missed about 75 other annoyances in the process, but I woke up to the approval email today.  :good:  

Edited by cv91915

I was bored so...

PayPal credit $5260 —> $7500

I guess I should have asked for more. Not sure why since I’ll never use it again, but I’m curious how much they’d have approved.

17 hours ago, DPB said:

I was bored so...

PayPal credit $5260 —> $7500

I guess I should have asked for more. Not sure why since I’ll never use it again, but I’m curious how much they’d have approved.

Interesting...I was set to try with them and then backed away when some were reporting Suckrony closing accounts. 

Did you ask for $7500 or is that what they basically countered with following a request for more?

1 hour ago, centex said:

Interesting...I was set to try with them and then backed away when some were reporting Suckrony closing accounts. 

Did you ask for $7500 or is that what they basically countered with following a request for more?

I asked for $7500. I should have gone for $10k, but I thought asking for a nearly 100% increase was asking for a problem. 
I hadn’t ever asked for an increase. I haven’t even used the account in quite a while. Last time was well before they started reporting to the CRAs.

2 hours ago, DPB said:

I asked for $7500. I should have gone for $10k, but I thought asking for a nearly 100% increase was asking for a problem. 
I hadn’t ever asked for an increase. I haven’t even used the account in quite a while. Last time was well before they started reporting to the CRAs.

At the time and reading past experience on this board I called a backdoor number (search on here you'll find it) and went from $2K to $25K on a Synchrony card.

Tried pulling the trigger and got an auto-decline...however, as I looked back at my notes, it may not have fully been 90 days since my Q1 increase. 

Posted (edited)

So we (myself and the DW) are finally off ice since we closed on the house in February and went for some new cards over the past 2 months.  Results:

ME:

Amex Platinum - Still on BL.  going on 16 years strong

JetBlue - 60K bonus point offer - Declined due to BK 16 years ago.  Mind you I have another Barclay card with a $41k limit that has been open for 10+ years.  Would not reconsider.

New Chase United Club Infinite - 100k miles offer - Approved for $15k on recon.  Puts me at $115k total with Chase, my highest individual lender.

Apple Card - only for apple purchases @ 3%.  Approved for $40K.

DW:

JetBlue - Was going for the double dip since JB allows pooled points.  She was approved for $75K

BoA Cash Rewards - CLI to $95K (from $81k)

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Pre-Approved 60k offer in her online banking.  Approved $28.3K.  Will fold into Freedom 5 at anniversary.  Already an AU on my CSR.

Wasn't anything else that was particularly appealing at this point.

Edited by CTSoxFan

On 4/16/2020 at 4:04 PM, centex said:

Tried pulling the trigger and got an auto-decline...however, as I looked back at my notes, it may not have fully been 90 days since my Q1 increase. 

Following up...I posted yesterday in one of the other suckrony threads, but the letter I got indicated, in essence, that I asked for too much.  I had sought about a 50% increase.  Usually they would have countered with a lower amount, but not this time...oh well.

49 minutes ago, centex said:

Following up...I posted yesterday in one of the other suckrony threads, but the letter I got indicated, in essence, that I asked for too much.  I had sought about a 50% increase.  Usually they would have countered with a lower amount, but not this time...oh well.

they actually just gave me a CLD on one of my store cards (Sleep #) from $20k to $6k.  I haven't used the card since the initial purchase.  I thought about asking for more on my Amazon card as I use the hell out of it, but just not motivated enough.

5 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

So we (myself and the DW) are finally off ice since we closed on the house in February and went for some new cards over the past 2 months.  Results:

ME:

Amex Platinum - Still on BL.  going on 16 years strong

JetBlue - 60K bonus point offer - Declined due to BK 16 years ago.  Mind you I have another Barclay card with a $41k limit that has been open for 10+ years.  Would not reconsider.

New Chase United Club Infinite - 100k miles offer - Approved for $15k on recon.  Puts me at $115k total with Chase, my highest individual lender.

Apple Card - only for apple purchases @ 3%.  Approved for $40K.

DW:

JetBlue - Was going for the double dip since JB allows pooled points.  She was approved for $75K

BoA Cash Rewards - CLI to $95K (from $81k)

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Pre-Approved 60k offer in her online banking.  Approved $28.3K.  Will fold into Freedom 5 at anniversary.  Already an AU on my CSR.

Wasn't anything else that was particularly appealing at this point.

Did you include your American Express in a BK or was it a CO?   My SO is still blacklisted after 11 years, even though I can add them as AUs without issue.

56 minutes ago, mdcrabber said:

Did you include your American Express in a BK or was it a CO?   My SO is still blacklisted after 11 years, even though I can add them as AUs without issue.

Interesting. I learned I was off the BL because I was able to be added as an AU on my spouse's card. I then received pre-screened offers from amex for my own cards.

4 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

they actually just gave me a CLD on one of my store cards (Sleep #) from $20k to $6k.  I haven't used the card since the initial purchase.  I thought about asking for more on my Amazon card as I use the hell out of it, but just not motivated enough.

Makes sense to slash a card that is not seeing use...sucks on your report, but the business decision makes sense. 

23 hours ago, mdcrabber said:

BK.  Can't get my own card, AU requests denied.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, centex said:

Makes sense to slash a card that is not seeing use...sucks on your report, but the business decision makes sense. 

I get it.  I am not even mad about it, frankly don't even give a flip.  I am sure if I needed it they would put it back without issue.

Edited by CTSoxFan

Citi DC 8.3k ——> 11.3k.

First successful CLI on this card and it’s been open over 5 years, only had the limit increased once prior to this and that was a result of a reallocation from another Citi card. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 7:55 PM, gerray said:

Citi DC 8.3k ——> 11.3k.

First successful CLI on this card and it’s been open over 5 years, only had the limit increased once prior to this and that was a result of a reallocation from another Citi card. 

Congrats.  Citi won't give me any soft CLIs as they say I have the max allowed without a hard pull.  I kept resisting so today I went for it.  Asked for Costco to go from $14k to $50k (if they are going to pull I am going for the home run).  Will update on decision.  Current FICO >800, utilization 2% or so.

ETA - Declined (no counter).  Stated I had max CL for income.  I do have over $100k across my 3 accounts so not totally surprised.

Edited by CTSoxFan

3 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Congrats.  Citi won't give me any soft CLIs as they say I have the max allowed without a hard pull.  I kept resisting so today I went for it.  Asked for Costco to go from $14k to $50k (if they are going to pull I am going for the home run).  Will update on decision.  Current FICO >800, utilization 2% or so.

14->50 does indeed sound like a HR.  Hope you score! Our (DW) CitiCostco has been stuck at 9K. I have 4 cards >40K CK. CitiCostco is our 2nd lowest CL next to Kohls. I only keep due to it's old account age.

Citi Expedia Voyager.

Before Citi took over the Hilton cards, my Citi Hilton was my highest single-limit card ($81,000).

Since then, they've been really tight-pursed.  This is the only Citi card I currently have.

QqOzDFI.png