Master 2020 Approvals and CLIs Thread

cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 1261 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Amex Delta Gold SkyMiles $9500

60k SkyMiles for $2k spend in first 3 months

10k SkyMiles after the first year upon renewal

$0 AF first year, $99 after that.

App went pending. I called status line. They just needed to verify if I was military or not.

They thefted $4400 from my Delta Blue card. Once I get the gold, I will move the remaining $5600 to the gold. 

After cleaning up my TU report, I went on a mini app spree. I was approved for everything, except RBFCU.

Alliant Rewards Platinum - $5k APPROVED

Paypal Cash Back Mastercard - $300 APPROVED LOL

Regions Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $6k APPROVED

RBFCU Cash Back MC - DECLINED. Score cited was 697. I had 2 paid charge offs from 2017, and they said I was declined for past collection activity in my credit history. And to think, I've been sending my direct deposit to these bastards! Looks like my check will be going into Alliant from now on.

43 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

After cleaning up my TU report, I went on a mini app spree. I was approved for everything, except RBFCU.

Alliant Rewards Platinum - $5k APPROVED

Paypal Cash Back Mastercard - $300 APPROVED LOL

Regions Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $6k APPROVED

RBFCU Cash Back MC - DECLINED. Score cited was 697. I had 2 paid charge offs from 2017, and they said I was declined for past collection activity in my credit history. And to think, I've been sending my direct deposit to these bastards! Looks like my check will be going into Alliant from now on.

Nice!

However, and speaking from experience, let's slow down on the turd cards like Ollo, PayPal, Merrick. Certainly you could have done worse. Is your Merrick at least the no AF version, along with no other fees on it? Unless I'm missing your complete picture, your goal cards are generally easy to get, and are decent cards to have.

30 minutes ago, TheVig said:

Nice!

However, and speaking from experience, let's slow down on the turd cards like Ollo, PayPal, Merrick. Certainly you could have done worse. Is your Merrick at least the no AF version, along with no other fees on it? Unless I'm missing your complete picture, your goal cards are generally easy to get, and are decent cards to have.

The problem I have is that my EQ and EX reports still are much worse than my TU. My TU only recently got cleaned up, which is why I applied for these cards (all TU pullers). I am currently in an FCRA lawsuit over an unpaid CO showing on those two reports, which should result in the account getting deleted. Until then, I probably won't get approved for anything that pulls those two reports. Really, the only other card I want is the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred.

I was expecting a higher SL from Paypal Mastercard, which I picked up for the flat 2% cash back. Apparently, a low SL is common for Paypal MC. I applied for Alliant for the same reason, but I did not expect a $5k approval. I picked up the Regions after checking their pre-qualifier page. It has a $100 SUB and a $6k line, so not bad. 

The Merrick card I have had for 1 year (no annual fee), I am holding onto it for a couple more years until my remaining negatives all start falling off EX and EQ. Ollo has no annual fee and some 2% categories.  I am unsure if I will keep Ollo past the end of 2020, but it's not costing me anything. 

29 minutes ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

The problem I have is that my EQ and EX reports still are much worse than my TU. My TU only recently got cleaned up, which is why I applied for these cards (all TU pullers). I am currently in an FCRA lawsuit over an unpaid CO showing on those two reports, which should result in the account getting deleted. Until then, I probably won't get approved for anything that pulls those two reports. Really, the only other card I want is the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred.

I was expecting a higher SL from Paypal Mastercard, which I picked up for the flat 2% cash back. Apparently, a low SL is common for Paypal MC. I applied for Alliant for the same reason, but I did not expect a $5k approval. I picked up the Regions after checking their pre-qualifier page. It has a $100 SUB and a $6k line, so not bad. 

The Merrick card I have had for 1 year (no annual fee), I am holding onto it for a couple more years until my remaining negatives all start falling off EX and EQ. Ollo has no annual fee and some 2% categories.  I am unsure if I will keep Ollo past the end of 2020, but it's not costing me anything. 

Thank you for the clarification. Yeah when I had PayPal MC, I think it started out low at $800. Grew it to $10k in less than two years without really putting any spend on it. I recently closed it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, althes said:

Store card.

I am going to try and spend 1200 this year to make platinum and then see if I get upgraded to Amex.

If you want the Amex version of the Macy's card, you should be able to simply call and request it, whether your card level is silver or platinum.

I had been debating about applying for Cap1's Savor One card in July. I am still cleaning up my reports, so I doubt I would get the excellent credit version with a signup bonus, even after getting my reports fixed. So I checked out the Marvel Mastercard and it actually fits my dining and discretionary spend categories really well. I realized that many of my business purchases also fit into the 3% category, so I am pretty stoked. The entertainment category is very broad, and I can make good use of it. I applied and was approved with a starting credit line of $1,500! 

Date points:

They pulled TransUnion, where my current FICO 08 is 716

I had 10 inquiries at the time

6% utilization

6 new accounts in 24 months (8 if you count two auto loans)

1 paid/setlled charge off from USAA from 2017, other than that, no lates or other baddies

Oldest account 11 years, average age of open accounts is 2 years and 2 months

3 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

The entertainment category is very broad

This piqued my interest* so I checked it out.

Since it took a little stabbing around before I found it, here are the types of purchases that earn 3% back in the "entertainment" category, in case anyone else is curious:

Movie Theatres — establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions.

Video Rental and Game Stores — merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.

Theatrical and Concert Promoters — merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and may include ticketing agencies.

Amusement Parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) — establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows.

Digital Entertainment, Games, and Software — merchants that provide digital games and content for computers and mobile devices.

Music — establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online records and digital music.

Books and Newsstands — establishments selling reading material, both digital and physical formats (includes comic stores).

Toys and Hobby Stores — establishments selling toys and games including video games. Sporting goods retailers are excluded.

https://www.marvel.com/creditcard_reward_terms 

* It did not peak my interest.

Another piece of good news today,. I was approved for a $1,000 CLI today on my Discovery card! This increase has been a long time in the works, because it has not been increased since 11/2018 when my secured Discover It card graduated. At that time the secured credit line was $700 and they gave me a CLI to $2,000. I had been getting denied for CLIs since then. For about a year, they kept saying "insufficient experience at current credit line" as the denial reason. In about 10/2019, they started saying I was denied for "high utilization on revolving bankcards".

Since then, I have increased my FICO score from 640 to 716 and gotten my utilization down to 3%. I have also been paying Discover in full every month and have spent around $36k on the card since I opened it. It was my daily driver until recently when I opened the Alliant Rewards Platinum Visa, which offers 2% cash back on everything. Anyway, my point is that high utilization and paying in full did not matter for the CLI; they only approved it after I cleaned up my TU credit report and got my overall utilization to optimal levels. This was one of my major goals for this year.

Also of note, they only approved me for $300 via the online request tool. I then called in for the "double dip" and asked for more after explaining my high spend on the card and that it had been paid in full every month since it was opened. The rep approved the CLI for $1k and thanked me for my loyalty to Discover. So Miss Disco can be pretty stingy, but my case for the CLI was iron clad in this circumstance, especially after waiting nearly a year and a half.

Edited by RehabbingANDBlabbing

Synchrony told me to FOAD every time I asked for a CLI on my W*****t card (yes, the backdoor number too).

Capital One isn't quite so tight-fisted.

I asked for $50,000 and selected the reason "Credit line does not meet my long-term spending needs [paraphrasing from memory]."

BOOM!

+ $1,000.

DMRAMyx.png

A2Yvi6z.png

Here are my results and actions for all account for myself and/or my SO to date.

• American Express
    • Me- Amex HH Surpass, $55K, Last CLI 7/19
    • SO- Amex Blue, $50K, Last CLI 6/19
      no plans, most likely another 4056T, or Hard Pull

• Chase
    • Me
      • Closed a 2yr old unused Disney card, xfer’d $10k via Lending services to:
      • Freedom Unlimited, $29K to $33.5K
      • Amazon Prime, $9.5K to $15K
      • CSR, $50K to $52K.  via HP (probably should have just opened a new account and xfer the new limit)
    • SO
      • Slate $2k, no plans.
      • Freedom, $20K, don’t feel like calling.
  • Citi
    • Me
      • Double Cash: $25.5K no SP love
      • Diamond: $13.6K no SP love
      • Might do a HP on one or both
    • SO
      • TYP; $28.2K to $30.2K
      • Double Cash; $25K to $27K

• Discovery
    • ME
      • IT Miles Blue; $21K, no SP love
    • SO
      • IT Blue: $39.8K
      • IT Chrome: $35.1K
      • Planning to try and combine these cards.

• Kohls – (Capitalone)
    • SO - Currently at $3K
    • CLI denied, at the card's max limit, no chance of an increase

• NY&C (Comenity)
    • SO - Currently at $3,380
    • CLI denied, at the card's max limit, no chance of an increase

• Wells Fargo Rewards Visa (joint with spouse)
    • Currently at $14K
    • Last CLI was in 2018
    • Not worth the HP

• Raymour & Flanagan (joint with spouse) [TD Bank]
    • Current, $10K
    • Not worth the HP

• Lowes
    • Current, $35K
    • Last CLI 2018
    • No plans

• Home Depot
    • Current, $20.1K
    • Last CLI 2019
    • No plans

• BestBuy
    • Current, $10K
    • Last CLI 2016
    • No plans

• Suntrust
    • Current, $9.7K
    • Last CLI 2016
    • No plans

The last post in this topic was posted 1261 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.