Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Master 2020 Approvals and CLIs Thread

6 hours ago, swimmingwithsharks said:

That was not a bad airline card sign-up bonus . . .

in 1999

But nowadays?? I mean, 

that's nearly the same amount as the miles you earned on that roundtrip. 

:lol:  

Good point.

mUrR6pG.png

oG4yJ1b.png

Edited by cv91915

I applied for an auto refinance at DCU and got approved at 1.99%. I was pretty happy about that. I also decided to use that inquiry to request a CLI on my DCU Visa, which they also approved. I went from $5k to $10k on the Visa. Both approved without POI. I think my EQ score was about 754 at the time, due to carrying a revolving balance.

My husband also got a pre-approved offer from Cap1 for the SavorOne card, which has been on my radar for a while. I had not applied because I thought I would be denied. Well, my husband got this offer and was approved with scores around 600 on all 3 bureaus and about 8 charge-offs showing (mostly paid/settled, but a few unpaid). I was pretty shocked to say the least when we saw he was instantly approved. They did not offer him a signup bonus, only a $1,000 SL with 9 months of 0% APR, but that's a pretty amazing approval for him. One of the reasons I wanted this card for for the World Elite MC free cell phone protection, which I can confirm the no annual fee SavorOne does have.

2 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

I applied for an auto refinance at DCU and got approved at 1.99%. I was pretty happy about that. I also decided to use that inquiry to request a CLI on my DCU Visa, which they also approved. I went from $5k to $10k on the Visa. Both approved without POI. I think my EQ score was about 754 at the time, due to carrying a revolving balance.

My husband also got a pre-approved offer from Cap1 for the SavorOne card, which has been on my radar for a while. I had not applied because I thought I would be denied. Well, my husband got this offer and was approved with scores around 600 on all 3 bureaus and about 8 charge-offs showing (mostly paid/settled, but a few unpaid). I was pretty shocked to say the least when we saw he was instantly approved. They did not offer him a signup bonus, only a $1,000 SL with 9 months of 0% APR, but that's a pretty amazing approval for him. One of the reasons I wanted this card for for the World Elite MC free cell phone protection, which I can confirm the no annual fee SavorOne does have.

That's great about the auto refinance rate. DCU sounds like a good credit union.

Just went back to check...

2020 YTD I've opened exactly one card.

The Citi Expedia Voyager.  :lol: 

That's one more than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

What a way to remember 2020! "The year of hope, as there was no travel, but I got the Citi Expedia Voyager card anyway." A strong viral defiance moment!!! 👏

1 hour ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Approved for a CLI on my Alliant CU Platinum Rewards. It only went from $5k to $7.5k, but that is fine. I just wanted a bit more of a buffer for utilization, so this should be plenty.

Which bureau(s) did that hammer for the hard inquiry?

3 hours ago, centex said:

Which bureau(s) did that hammer for the hard inquiry?

LOL my TransUnion. I'm not asking them for any more increases after this one, because they denied me a few months ago when my score was actually higher than it is today. I am currently being weighed down by new accounts and high utility on one card. I decided to go for this now after all my other apps are done for a while, and sure enough, they approved it. They did ask for POI, because I am not sending my direct deposit there anymore, but it went through shortly after I submitted the paperwork. I'm not sure which score version they are using, because the letter from them said 718, but my MyFICO report shows that my TU score is higher than that across all of the versions they offer. They lowest one MyFico shows is FICO Bankcard 4 at 738.

10 hours ago, centex said:

The letter you get should have indicated which model was used.  However, remember also that scores can move literally by the minute.  They are ALWAYS a snapshot of the data as it existed at the moment of the pull...

Well I just double checked the score. Apparently, Alliant ain't using FICO. They are using VantageSkores. My Vantage scores are always lower than my FICOs. I think they punish you more for new accounts and inquiries.Screen-Shot-2020-10-20-at-6-34-40-PM.png

3 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Well I just double checked the score. Apparently, Alliant ain't using FICO. They are using VantageSkores. My Vantage scores are always lower than my FICOs. I think they punish you more for new accounts and inquiries.Screen-Shot-2020-10-20-at-6-34-40-PM.png

I think this VantageScore is more sensitive to credit use than other factors.

Compared with FICO, VantageScore can develop in a positive or negative direction. The widening range of the gap may be surprisingly 15 to 60 points or more.  :D

Haha. The most interesting thing about Credit Karma Equifax VantageScore is that the reported balance on all accounts is absolutely zero. Now, this will be penalized based on the FICO score instead of VantageScore.

RO06PRr.png

Edited by MP80

16 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

I know Vantage is what they display on their quarterly score, surprised they use it for any manner of decision though...

1 hour ago, centex said:

I know Vantage is what they display on their quarterly score, surprised they use it for any manner of decision though...

I canceled my mortgage application when I found out they weren't going to close on time like they promised, but now I'm wondering if they were trying to find an investor that takes Kredit Carma skores.

18 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Well I just double checked the score. Apparently, Alliant ain't using FICO. They are using VantageSkores. My Vantage scores are always lower than my FICOs. I think they punish you more for new accounts and inquiries.Y

Yup, I just checked my approval and it was TU Vantage score. I misspoke when I listed it as fico.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, hegemony said:

This was my recent experience with a large balance (1040 ES) posted to a card with a 69k limit:

H20N16U.png

PIF  then regular spend the next month and:

kY7QlsR.png

Thanks, Hege, they clearly like your profile more than mine. Payment posted, statement gets cut in 2 days, hits the bureaus 1-2 days later. I will post the results (hoping and expecting to get all 25 back). Ready to app for Chase Sapphire for the 80K

On 10/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Midwestgardener said:

Thanks, Hege, they clearly like your profile more than mine. Payment posted, statement gets cut in 2 days, hits the bureaus 1-2 days later. I will post the results (hoping and expecting to get all 25 back). Ready to app for Chase Sapphire for the 80K

Update: All points returned after spend spree (not really all that fun, only an expensive new roof).  5 INQs age out in the next 60 days across TU and EX (both 800 now), and a new account turns 12 mo old in Mar, so I expect additional points and have all 3 bureaus in the 825-810 range. Still trailing you @hegemony and @cv91915

I was gonna wait...then I didn't.  With 57% and dropping cc utilization, Fico 8 TU 674, EX 680, a few other late pays from 6 years ago, no collection etc. I was scheming how to help my utilization.  I looked at credit pulls for the last couple months and NFCU Amex more popped up a couple times so I did it. 

Approved 12k, 12.99% TU pull. Should help utilization and I'll check out bal txr. That should put my overall utilization below 49% I'm thinking without having to do math this early. 🤣

BJ's MC $15,600 > $16,800

Williams Sonoma Visa Sig $17,300 > $19,300

Edited by TheVig