Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Master 2020 Approvals and CLIs Thread

Happy New Year, and good luck with your 2020 credit pursuits!

As always, please steer clear of useless store cards and¬†fee-sucking predatory cards...¬† and unless you thrive on disappointment, avoid Discovery like the plague.¬† ūüėõ¬†

Also beware the Year of the RAT. Officially it doesn't begin until January 25th but at least one newly AActive rodent woke 2 months early.

I'm a salamander.  DW and I went to Macy's yesterday and they were having their usual suck you in percentage off if you apply for their card.

I applied and was approved for both the AMEX and store card.  The lady at the counter almost screwed me and hit the store card button but I stopped her in time and took the AMEX.  DW bought something small and I'll PIF when it comes, but I still feel dirty.

ūüė©

55 minutes ago, tmkats said:

I'm a salamander.  DW and I went to Macy's yesterday and they were having their usual suck you in percentage off if you apply for their card.

I applied and was approved for both the AMEX and store card.  The lady at the counter almost screwed me and hit the store card button but I stopped her in time and took the AMEX.  DW bought something small and I'll PIF when it comes, but I still feel dirty.

ūüė©

At least you can get 3% back at restaurants with the Amex version.  :) 

https://www.macys.com/p/credit-card-rewards/

I made a purchase on my Target MC on Tuesday and received an Experian alert of a CLI from $13K->$15K.  I looked through the last few years of alerts and it seems I get a $2k-$3k increase at the end of every June and December.     

psecu rocks. just past my 5 year BK (their limit) and decided to apply for founders card even though recently i got 2 other cards and maxed out the one with a 0 BT and the other one with a 0 % two year offer on an appliance i needed.

founders card gave me 10K. other psecu card was at 20K for years. 50% util on that card now. 625 psecu fico. and it already shows up in my account online

so im happy. i can now play the BT game with lotta headroom. i like to transfer my heloc  (or other balances) over to 0 percent cards and pay it down then xfer back to heloc when the psecu offer resets .for example today psecu gives 2.9 till end of 2021 so i get 2 years of interest savings. best CU out there!

I am considering joining them.

But may have to hold off until get this baddie of my EX in 3-4 months.

AMEX Business Gold Card...  first AMEX card.  Have been an AU on DW's card for 5 months.

648 EX Fico, (7) CO's, (2) CA's 6 years old.   Prequal, 50K SUB, Instant

Sony card with CRAP ONE was stuck at 9k for 6+ years. Comenity took over last month and i got a 5k CLI to 14k last week.

I just did a CLI audit and realized that I hadn't recently made requests on some of my cards.

Results of my review and actions:

• American Express
    • Multiple Amices, no successful CLIs since $81,000 Hilton card was transferred from Citi
    • No action taken

• Bank of America
    • 3 cards with limits totaling¬†exactly the $99,900 threshold
    • No action taken

• Barclays Aviator Silver
    • Recently closed the ridiculously awful¬†Arrival+ and moved the laughable $5,000 limit to this card¬†
    • Currently at $50,000
    • Barclays has declined multiple previous CLI attempts AND new card applications (they will not give me more credit)
    • No action taken

• Capital One Quicksilver¬†
    • Currently at $23,000
    • Started as a subprime Platinum in 2010 with a¬†$750 limit
    • Last CLI was on 5/1/19 (+$3,000)
    • Request is pending

• Chase
    • Freedom at $58,015
    • Freedom Unlimited at $35,000
    • I lacked the ambition to make a phone call

GDKm6KP.png

• Citi
    • Expedia: ¬†instant¬†FOAD (too soon)
    • AA Executive: ¬†instant¬†FOAD (too soon)

• Discovery IT
    • Currently at $57,500
    • Most recent¬†CLI was on 10/17/19 (+$500)
    • Previous CLI was on 9/1/17 (+$7,000)¬†
    • Request is pending

• PenFed Useless Rewards Visa
    • Currently at $45,900
    • Not worth the effort for a bump to the card's max of $50,000

• Synchrony
    • Two stupid cards (PayPal MC and RackEwe10 Visa)
    • Multiple consecutive CLI requests denied on all cards (online and through the backdoor number)
    • No action taken

• US Bank
    • Recently got a modest ($5,000) CLI on my Altitude
    • No action taken (can't reallocate limits between Altitude and Cash+,¬†and US Bank is proving to be stingy)

• Wells Fargo Rewards Visa (joint with spouse)
    • Currently at $25,000
    • Last CLI was in 2014
    • No online CLI option
    • No action taken
Edited by cv91915

CLIs:

Amex BC +5K, now 44K

Barclays Uber +5K, now 11K

Chase Amazon +5K, now 45K 

Chase Marriott +5K, now 35K 

Citi DC 5K, now +40K

I am seeing a pattern here...I am sure of it. I suppose that I need to raise my ask...

Wells Fargo Rewards VISA Signature 5k -> 7.5k soft pull through freeze.

Had option to accept incremental, or go to underwriters for full amount and likely hard pull, so I took incremental.

NFCU 33k -> 41k, with reports frozen.

Total available is now $287,400 + $15k CLOC + $1600 Affirm

Shooting for $300k in revolvers, which would put me at about 4x income.

Edited by brainchasm

I needed another 1.5% CB card like I need a hole in my head. Maybe I can use the card to fill the hole.

Regions Bank

Cash Rewards Visa Signature

$10k

0% first 12 months, then 13.6% after that (APR doesn't matter)

Card will arrive in 7-10

No prior relationship

As Paul Harvey would say.....now for the rest of the story...…..

Went online and went through their pre qualified offers process. Came back offering me a choice of three cards with $10k limits at 13.6%. I selected the Cash Rewards Visa. Continued thru the application process. Then was asked to call 800-734-4667, or visit a local branch. At this point, no HP had occurred yet. I called. Told to take my DL, SS card, and a utility statement to a local branch. I asked if I should also bring pay stubs or W2's. Said it wasn't needed. Go to local branch. Nothing more than verification, of I.D. Local branch entered a few keystrokes, then the Transunion HP alert, then congrats from the branch manager. So far no HP hits from EQ or EX.

In other news, the codeine in the cough medicine I'm currently taking for the flu, is extra special compared with other codeine laced meds I've had.