EQ: Now a Tree-Hugger

With each of the 3 major CRAs I have about 80 open accounts, of which about 12 are AUs.  

A couple of weeks ago, though, EQ has started removing the AU accounts.  Now I am down to 68 as yesterday they dropped the remaining few AUs there were.  None of the other CRAs have done that.

Has EQ turned into a tree-hugger?  They are probably tired of chopping down a whole tree every time I request a paper copy of my file.   

46 minutes ago, PotO said:

With each of the 3 major CRAs I have about 80 open accounts, of which about 12 are AUs.  

A couple of weeks ago, though, EQ has started removing the AU accounts.  Now I am down to 68 as yesterday they dropped the remaining few AUs there were.  None of the other CRAs have done that.

Has EQ turned into a tree-hugger?  They are probably tired of chopping down a whole tree every time I request a paper copy of my file.   

Well, just 46 tradelines on my EQ.  There are 6 AU, the number of which has been unchanged in the last year on my EQ reports.

Maybe there's a total account threshold as a trigger.  As we know, reporting is optional (requirement is that what is reported be accurate).

Just out of curiosity, were the AU's reporting with your address?

28 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

Google 'equifax authorized user' and you will find numerous threads on the subject (mostly from MF/2018).

Good to know, sweetie.

P.S.  You can relax now.  Heavy snow here and the freezing cold make the little tyke shrink. ;)

35 minutes ago, hdporter said:

Well, just 46 tradelines on my EQ.  There are 6 AU, the number of which has been unchanged in the last year on my EQ reports.

Maybe there's a total account threshold as a trigger.  As we know, reporting is optional (requirement is that what is reported be accurate).

Just out of curiosity, were the AU's reporting with your address?

I haven't checked all, but I do think the address was different for at least a few, but not all.  I'll look carefully at that tomorrow and, if different, change the address so it's the same and see what happens.  

All in all, it's no big deal -- at least for me -- but it was a bit concerning to all of a sudden see so many account removal monitoring alerts.  

8 hours ago, PotO said:

PotO -

If those AU accounts are from your lawful spouse, then dropping them from your reports IIRC is construed as a violation of the ECOA! https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0347-your-equal-credit-opportunity-rights

Go sue for each spousal AU account dropped, have some fun and make some really easy money!!

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

PotO -

If those AU accounts are from your lawful spouse, then dropping them from your reports IIRC is construed as a violation of the ECOA! https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0347-your-equal-credit-opportunity-rights

Go sue for each spousal AU account dropped, have some fun and make some really easy money!!

That is a great idea!  Thank you!!

Definitely is -- and on some days I say "unfortunately" -- my real wife.  The card issuer knows we are married, and we share the same address, but she doesn't use my last name.  

I need to get in on the ECOA situation. My husband is an AU on my Discover card and his AU account recently dropped from EQ as well. He doesn't have that many open, positive accounts, because he is rebuilding and settling debt, so it will probably drop his score. But this happened during the past month or so. We too do not share a last name, so I wonder if it would be worth pursuing.

Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason...with permission, I pulled the report of someone who lived with me for a period of time and whom I had added to multiple accounts (but did not give the physical piece of plastic to for them to use).  EXP is showing virtually none of the accounts.  There was ONE that reports.  EFX, on the other hand, still had a half-dozen or so that were reporting, although the field for responsibility is listed as "Undesignated."

It should be noted that my mailing address for the card is also on their report, so it could be one of the fields being looked at...whether the AU card gets sent to the same address as the billing statements are mailed.  However, with some of what is reported in this thread, that doesn't seem to be the trigger since I see lots of spousal cards that have been pruned...

11 hours ago, PotO said:

Definitely is -- and on some days I say "unfortunately" -- my real wife.  The card issuer knows we are married, and we share the same address, but she doesn't use my last name.  

So the data is all over the place on this.  FWIW, the AU's on my report are for my wife, who also doesn't use my last name on her credit cards .  All 6 of my AU's on her accounts list on my reports.  (Haven't checked on her EQ of her AU's on my accounts, of which there are 10+.)

11 hours ago, PotO said:

I highly suspect that the lack of a common surname trigged whatever algorithm Equisux has deployed.  I also suspect that with their data breach debacle, Equisux is now desperately trying to differentiate themselves from the competition and deleting AU accounts to adversely impact scoring may just be their strategy!

And on a final note, I do hope you sue! The CRA's are simply data aggregators/repositories and they should NOT be in the business of arbitrarily deciding what reported credit info does and does not get included in our credit files! This can also lead to unintended consequences such as wrongfully deleting lawful spousal AU accounts! Go get them and show no mercy!

23 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I highly suspect that the lack of a common surname trigged whatever algorithm Equisux has deployed.  I also suspect that with their data breach debacle, Equisux is now desperately trying to differentiate themselves from the competition and deleting AU accounts to adversely impact scoring may just be their strategy!

And on a final note, I do hope you sue! The CRA's are simply data aggregators/repositories and they should NOT be in the business of arbitrarily deciding what reported credit info does and does not get included in our credit files! This can also lead to unintended consequences such as wrongfully deleting lawful spousal AU accounts! Go get them and show no mercy!

I agree with you that the culprit is most likely the last name.  EQ doing that seems incredibly sexist and racist.  They do need a good RAF!

As soon as we get back from a short vacation I am going to get all three of my reports (maybe also include Innovis) and put the data on my spreadsheet.  Then I will contact each of the missing AU account card issuers to get their confirmation that they themselves didn't decide to stop reporting.  Once I have covered all my bases, I'll send them an ITS and, the same day they receive it, stop down and file a small claims suit against them.   

EQ needs to fry over this.  

1 hour ago, PotO said:

I agree with you that the culprit is most likely the last name.  EQ doing that seems incredibly sexist and racist.  They do need a good RAF!

As soon as we get back from a short vacation I am going to get all three of my reports (maybe also include Innovis) and put the data on my spreadsheet.  Then I will contact each of the missing AU account card issuers to get their confirmation that they themselves didn't decide to stop reporting.  Once I have covered all my bases, I'll send them an ITS and, the same day they receive it, stop down and file a small claims suit against them.   

EQ needs to fry over this.  

Solid plan PotO!

And there is NO way that every one of your AU issuers suddenly stopped reporting, this is entirely on Equisux! Definitely include Innovis, I am really curious if they are playing AU games too.....

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

Solid plan PotO!

And there is NO way that every one of your AU issuers suddenly stopped reporting, this is entirely on Equisux! Definitely include Innovis, I am really curious if they are playing AU games too.....

True.  It cannot be a coincidence that all decided to stop reporting.  

EQ needs to be burned.