Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

American Airlines reins in flight attendants aggressively hawking credit cards (pay wall)

I have to say that I am amazed in this day and age that people even know what to do with a paper credit card application.  It would be interesting to see if there were any differences in rates of approval for paper apps versus those made online. 

The only place aside from airlines that I recall even SEEING paper apps are at the occasional gas pump...Kroger still uses a paper app at the pump.  At least the annoying audio from the pumps doesn't hawk the card...and can be muted (often using the second button down on the right side of the video screen). 

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

a brain

So with that piece of metal in your head, will a magnet stick?

27 minutes ago, PotO said:

So with that piece of metal in your head, will a magnet stick?

I depend on it

21 minutes ago, PotO said:

No fun.

If can't just click & read, next best thing is you post your cc #, expiration, CV2 and billing ZIP code so I can get a paid subscription.

how about the address for my double-wide in Siloam Springs?

22 minutes ago, hegemony said:

how about the address for my double-wide in Siloam Springs?

I'll take that, too.  

** Kat, honey, we have free lodging in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

My 2 tactics with heg's subscription links are along the lines he obliquely suggests:

1 - Search the headline or lead-off sentence, find the link from the periodical in question and click on it.  Frequently you'll get a free pick when linking from a search engine even through you get a paywall from the same link embedded in a post.

2 - Next best thing:  search the headline/lead-off in a result for a different publication that provides a full citation of the article.

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

My 2 tactics with heg's subscription links are along the lines he obliquely suggests:

1 - Search the headline or lead-off sentence, find the link from the periodical in question and click on it.  Frequently you'll get a free pick when linking from a search engine even through you get a paywall from the same link embedded in a post.

2 - Next best thing:  search the headline/lead-off in a result for a different publication that provides a full citation of the article.

A better solution:

Don't post unless ...

1.  You put a "PayWall Warnng"; or

2.  You go through the process of finding a non-paywalled article for us so we don't have to do the homework for you.

The beauty of CB is that you can click on a link and easily get to the article instead of having to go jump through hoops.

3 hours ago, PotO said:

No fun.

If can't just click & read, next best thing is you post your cc #, expiration, CV2 and billing ZIP code so I can get a paid subscription.

On the last American Airlines flight, the flight attendant told me the new American Airlines credit card gets you past all internet article pay walls for free. Just keep the card in your pocket, click on the link, and you're good to go.  If you're lying in your bed reading the web in your pajamas, place the card inside your pillow case, but don't forget to remove the card when you get up. ;)

Edited by Burgerwars

2 hours ago, Burgerwars said:

On the last American Airlines flight, the flight attendant told me the new American Airlines credit card gets you past all internet article pay walls for free. Just keep the card in your pocket, click on the link, and you're good to go.  If you're lying in your bed reading the web in your pajamas, place the card inside your pillow case, but don't forget to remove the card when you get up. ;)

The article clearly stated that AA flight attendants were liars. ;)

So you got screwed into applying for a card with an AF and that wouldn't help with paywalls either.  My condolences.

Edited by PotO

11 hours ago, PotO said:

A better solution:

Don't post unless ...

1.  You put a "PayWall Warnng"; or

2.  You go through the process of finding a non-paywalled article for us so we don't have to do the homework for you.

The beauty of CB is that you can click on a link and easily get to the article instead of having to go jump through hoops.

WTF do you think "(pay wall)" in the subject line means King Jethro? Are you really as lazy as a Little Rock hooker on Sunday morning?

13 hours ago, hdporter said:

on occasion, there are throwaway log-ins that can be found on BugMeNot...but those don't usually last long on the paywall sites since the free use is often only for a few articles...

43 minutes ago, hegemony said:

WTF do you think "(pay wall)" in the subject line means King Jethro? Are you really as lazy as a Little Rock hooker on Sunday morning?

Those Little Rock hookers are busy on Sunday AM...who do you think is standing in the pulpit? 

21 minutes ago, centex said:

Those Little Rock hookers are busy on Sunday AM...who do you think is standing in the pulpit? 

also, the chorus gets on its knees in the rectory.

8 hours ago, hegemony said:

Nice, Jethrine, how that (pay wall) was added well after the thread was underway.  Shall we call that another HegeCon?  

Do something useful.  Go make me a sandwich.  

18 hours ago, PotO said:

Nice, Jethrine, how that (pay wall) was added well after the thread was underway.  Shall we call that another HegeCon?  

Do something useful.  Go make me a sandwich.  

Perhaps I need to introduce you to the concept of connect the dots since your 6th grade math isn't cutting it. the pay wall notation is in the subject line. subject lines can't be edited by general members such as hegemony. Ergo, you need to get back to the french fry station as you're demoted from running the drive through.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, Sidewinder said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, french fries...

7 hours ago, hegemony said:

Perhaps I need to introduce you to the concept of connect the dots since your 6th grade math isn't cutting it. the pay wall notation is in the subject line. subject lines can't be edited by general members such as hegemony. Ergo, you need to get back to the french fry station as you're demoted from running the drive through.

38 years in third grade, Jethrine, and still with the comprehension problems.  Hasn't mommy beaten a sense of honesty into you yet?

The verbage (pay wall) was not written by you.  You, as usual, lacked the common sense to do it when you created the thread.  That comment was added in after the fact by one of our ever-so helpful-and-considerate mods to correct your omission.  

It's refreshing to know your CRS Syndrome isn't contagious.  

44 minutes ago, PotO said:

38 years in third grade, Jethrine, and still with the comprehension problems.  Hasn't mommy beaten a sense of honesty into you yet?

The verbage (pay wall) was not written by you.  You, as usual, lacked the common sense to do it when you created the thread.  That comment was added in after the fact by one of our ever-so helpful-and-considerate mods to correct your omission.  

It's refreshing to know your CRS Syndrome isn't contagious.  

you need to stop huffing those Arkansas fire extinguishers

38 minutes ago, hegemony said:

you need to stop huffing those Arkansas fire extinguishers

P.S.  Would that be a large fries or a small fries, sir?

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jtimothy1790
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines