Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

EFX inquiry notation "EIS/ML" -meaning?

I've got a client who is due for release soon and asked me to pull her reports to gauge the damage done by idjit spouse who does not value the importance of good credit.  I was able to get two of the three major reports online, but requests for paper copies of all four of the majors will be going out post-release.

On the Equifax report, there is an inquiry from one of the major banks earlier this year with a Request Orignator of EIS/ML.  Of the four hard inquiries, this bank was the only one that had anything in that field.  

I tried looking online but I guess my Googlefu is lacking as I could not find anything.  Client is somewhat concerned given that the date of the inquiry is actually a few days after she had been taken into custody to await extradition.  There is a previous history of an abusive ex having applied for things in her name.  She has no other accounts for which the bank in question should have been poking around.  

Anyone got a clue what EIS/ML stands for?   

2 hours ago, centex said:

I've got a client who is due for release soon and asked me to pull her reports to gauge the damage done by idjit spouse who does not value the importance of good credit.  I was able to get two of the three major reports online, but requests for paper copies of all four of the majors will be going out post-release.

On the Equifax report, there is an inquiry from one of the major banks earlier this year with a Request Orignator of EIS/ML.  Of the four hard inquiries, this bank was the only one that had anything in that field.  

I tried looking online but I guess my Googlefu is lacking as I could not find anything.  Client is somewhat concerned given that the date of the inquiry is actually a few days after she had been taken into custody to await extradition.  There is a previous history of an abusive ex having applied for things in her name.  She has no other accounts for which the bank in question should have been poking around.  

Anyone got a clue what EIS/ML stands for?   

A shot in the dark:

THIS MYEQUIFAX AGREEMENT AND TERMS OF USE ("AGREEMENT") CONTAINS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPON WHICH YOU MAY CREATE AN ACCOUNT TO PERFORM CERTAIN ACTIONS RELATED TO YOUR CREDIT REPORT PROVIDED BY EQUIFAX INFORMATION SERVICESS LLC (“EIS”) THROUGH WWW.EQUIFAX.COM AND ALL OTHER WEBSITES OWNED AND OPERATED BY EQUIFAX AND ITS AFFILIATES ("SITE") UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO WWW.EQUIFAXSECURITY2017.COMWWW.TRUSTEDIDPREMIER.COM, OR WWW.TRUSTEDID.COM.   THIS AGREEMENT ALSO DOES NOT APPLY TO THE TRUSTEDID PREMIER PRODUCT, THE EQUIFAX LOCK & ALERT SERVICE LAUNCHED ON JANUARY 31, 2018, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED DIRECTLY BY EQUIFAX CONSUMER SERVICES LLC (“ECS”), OR THE EQUIFAX CYBERSECURITY INCIDENT ANNOUNCED ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2017.  YOU MUST ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU WILL BE PERMITTED TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT THROUGH THIS SITE. BY REGISTERING ON THIS SITE AND SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING ELECTRONIC RECEIPT OF, AND YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY, THIS AGREEMENT. YOU ALSO AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT BY USING THE ACCOUNT OR TAKING OTHER ACTIONS THAT INDICATE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.

1. PROVIDERS OF THE ACCOUNT AND THE SERVICES. You are creating a myEquifax account (“Account”) with EIS.  This Account will allow you to take certain actions related to your EIS credit report (“Equifax Credit Report”).  These actions currently include placing, lifting, and temporarily removing a security freeze on your Equifax Credit Report and placing or removing an initial fraud alert and active duty alert on your Equifax Credit Report.  Additional actions may be added in the future.  EIS may use service providers, including affiliated companies and their service providers, to help EIS perform these actions and fulfill related functions. You acknowledge and agree that EIS may make additional services available through the Account in the future.  EIS and its respective service providers are collectively referred to in this Agreement as "We," "Us," and "Our." You, the person visiting and utilizing this Site or to create an Account, are referred to as "You" or "Your".

I suspect that the "EIS/ML" notation refers to the system or means by which the creditor pulled the inquiry.  Other than that I don't believe it has any significance.  I have one EQ hard inquiry with this notation generated by an online application for the CHASE FU card.

It was just weird seeing that associated with one of the major banks...especially with the pull being right before the arrest and extradition (where she was NOT applying for credit).  There are enough other issues on there though that she isn't REAL worked up about potential stupidity by the abusive ex...as the saying goes, bigger fish to fry right now. 

3/4 of my hard INQs on EQ have EIS/ML.

Quite a few of my soft INQs have EIS/TD or OR + 10-digit number + ES.  Some replace the OR with a NV.