Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Pay for delete - Charge off didn't work

Car got totaled in Feb 2019, I was was making payments on the balance that the insurance didn't cover to Cap 1 . 180 Days past and they wrote it off as a charge off. I called twice and offered pay for delete and they said no. I have no problem paying the whole thing; it's $3,100. But that won't help my score much since it's still a charge off.

I am wondering if to pay it off, and then dispute the balance / charge off with the cra's. What are your thoughts? I looked around Why Chat's and other references but only saw items on "old charge offs". Other than this my credit is fine :( .

tks

why was it charged off if you were making payments?

a PFD is extremely unlikely for a within SOL debt with the OC. You're correct that a paid charge off is just as bad for scoring as unpaid BUT by paying you may preclude being sued which some people would consider a good thing.

Sounds like something where you ought to have your insurance carrier's attorney speaking with the lender.  This is a collateral consequence of a policy claim and, as such, a DECENT insurance carrier SHOULD step up and try to intervene.  Hopefully you don't have one of the substandard carriers like Flo or the gecko...

2 hours ago, centex said:

Sounds like something where you ought to have your insurance carrier's attorney speaking with the lender.  This is a collateral consequence of a policy claim and, as such, a DECENT insurance carrier SHOULD step up and try to intervene.  Hopefully you don't have one of the substandard carriers like Flo or the gecko...

or General Shaq!!!!