Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Paid collection showing as unpaid

I recieved a parking ticket from the city that unbeknownst to me went to collections. I paid the ticket this January directly to the city. The collection is still showing up on my report as unpaid to the collection agency. How do I get them to update this, or at this point does it even matter (it's been on my report about a year)? My score is 691 so not amazing not terrible. I have a higher utilization ATM. 

I'd write a "well-written letter", addressed to the OC, copies to the collector and the CRA's involved, to remind them that the reporting of parking ticket debt. or any other debt that did not arise from a contract or agreement by the consumer to pay, runs counter to the National Consumer Assistance Plan initiative implemented by the three consumer reporting agencies in 2015.  Further, I asset that the obligation has been paid (including a cancelled check, or other evidence).

On 11/28/2019 at 4:26 PM, hdporter said:

I'd write a "well-written letter", addressed to the OC, copies to the collector and the CRA's involved, to remind them that the reporting of parking ticket debt. or any other debt that did not arise from a contract or agreement by the consumer to pay, runs counter to the National Consumer Assistance Plan initiative implemented by the three consumer reporting agencies in 2015.  Further, I asset that the obligation has been paid (including a cancelled check, or other evidence).

+1.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Hi-Tech
      I am in really bad need of some advice on what to do with two accounts showing up on all 3 credit reports. I realize I made a mistake and somehow I need to fix it but I don’t think I deserve what this place is doing. The two accounts are duplicate accounts and are the same credit card account, but it is not showing that way according to all 3 credit report agencies.

In 2019, I was going to be away for 3 months for some important medical treatments and I knew that I would not be able to take care of my payments during this time, so I set up automatic payments from inside my checking account and paid them their payments that way.  I had always made my payments on time so I was surprised when they closed my account.  My bank said that the payments should have been delivered by the due date, but Merrick Bank said that they were late by two days all three months. So they charged me a late charge of $39, three months in a row and then closed my account by the time I could get a hold of them. 

Once the account closed, they turned it into a collection agency right away. But now on all three credit reports, it is listed from the credit card company as well as the collection agency and makes it look like I owe $2444 between the two.  The card was not maxed out and they inflated the balance big time.

What’s worse, is the collection agency somehow updates it as a late payment every month and I get an alert from my credit monitoring website saying that I have a new late payment.  The collection agency is also listed as 12 charge-offs.

I realize that what is done is done and there’s not much I can do about it. I am planning on paying this off in the next 6-12 months, but in the meantime, I do not think it’s fair that it is listed in duplicate and that the collection agency continues to update it as late every month. It is hurting my credit score considerably because it is renewed as a new late payment every month, as well as two separate accounts.

Are they allowed to do this or should it just be listed as one account instead of having it on there in duplication?  Can anyone please tell me how I can possibly go about fixing it so that only one account is listed on my report correctly? It seems like something like this should be illegal or be against FCRA rules. I am also surprised that they are able to list it as 12 charge-offs!  Unbelievable.

Merrick Bank listed me for a bunch of late payments in 2019, but stopped then.  CWS/CW NEXUS has continued to list me as late every month and just listed a new late payment for August 2020.

The info from the accounts is copied below. The first one is the credit card company, Merrick Bank. The second one is the collection agency, CWS/CW NEXUS.  Merrick Bank will not talk to me whatsoever on the phone and will transfer me to the CWS/CW NEXUS if I get through to a live person.  The collection agency called me once in the beginning, and the representative was as surprised as I was and I have never received any more calls from them since.

My credit is otherwise very good and I have around 20 accounts all reporting good payment history except for this company reporting every month as late with 12 charge-offs.  I apologize in advance for the long read, but I wanted to make sure I had the correct information in the post.  Thanks for any help!

Credit Card Company:

MERRICK BANK CORP $1,262
      Closed
      1 charge-off
      Account Info
      Account status Closed
      Date opened Jun 02, 2015
      Account type Credit Card - Revolving Terms
      Balance on Jul 31, 2019 $1,262
      Credit Limit $950
      Payment Info
      Status Charge-off
      Status date Jul 2019
      Past due amount $427
      Highest balance -
      Monthly payment -

Collection Agency:

CWS/CW NEXUS $1,182
      Closed
      12 charge-offs

Account Info
      Account status Closed
      Date opened Jun 02, 2015
      Account type Credit Card - Revolving Terms
      Balance on Aug 01, 2020  $1,182
      Credit Limit $950
      Payment Info
      Status Charge-off
      Status date Aug 2019
      Past due amount $1,182
      Balance on Aug 01, 2020 $1,182
      Credit Limit $950

• By MaryK2020
      Trying to help a friend and not sure what to do. They were just served with paperwork from the Courts in Osceola County, Fl. It was filed by Raush Sturm on behalf of Sears for some appliances purchased almost 5 years ago. The account was interest free and when it came time to make the final payment it was offered to Sears to split the final payment within 7 days of each other to clear the account. They refused and final payment was not made. In the documents they included only 1 statement which shows a balance now due of $9027.70 as of 1/9/2019.  Currently she has 10 days to answer the court complaint and I have no idea what we need to document or request. The amount is beyond ridiculous and she is currently a full time student with an unemployed spouse. Is there a way to request validation of the debt with all statement copies and proof it was purchased individually and not a bundle purchase (meaning they have no documents to prove they rightfully own?)

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I have been reading on your boards about them being in the Hall of Fame for bad collectors. 

Thanks !
    • By richrod
      Hello, everyone.

For the past week or so, I've been reading up on ways to deal with a CA that recently showed up on my credit report. I stumbled upon Why Chat's HIPAA program, read through it, and while it's quite clear, I just want to make sure it is the right thing for me. I'd also like to use it to ask potential follow up questions along the process.

It showed up on my credit report June 28th, with a Date of First Delinquency of February 20th, 2017. At the moment, it only shows up on Equifax and Experian. It's from a hospital visit in California, and I am from and currently live in Arizona, and while I did have medicaid at the time, I was told that it would probably not cover it, but they'd let me go through with it anyway. 

I started to get bills from the Riverside County Medical department, but I initially ignored them, as I was an unemployed college student, and my mom advised me it wouldn't matter anyway; The bill was for $991. I'm now 23, and have been working hard on my credit score, this is the only blemish on my record, and I would love to get rid of it completely.

I have a few old addresses on my credit report, but they're all from years before this account, and I've lived at my current address for around 11 years now. Do I still have to go through the deletion process for those other addresses? Other than that, I'm thinking my first step would be to fill out and send the "Initial HIPAA Dispute Letter" to the two CRAs that show the collection, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• By Humbled82
      Hello Credit Board

I am newbie to this forum, but have been lurking for a while. I had recently pulled my credit report and I am having major issues with my student loans. Apparently I have loans that have been transferred \ sold and now are with a new company. The original loan was open back in the 2000's but they are still showing on my credit report. I am not sure how I can have these removed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance
    • By Jhono235
      I have a Sprint collection  with a hefty amount that is reporting with Source RM, the only collection on my file. Dofd is 12/2018. It was originally passed to Convergance, and most recently Source RM. I DV'd Source RM and received bills and a contract for a financed phone. Is this sufficient validation? Also, should I just leave this alone until the sol passes and then work to get it removed? Also how will the merger with T-Mobile affect my ability to get this removed?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    FundingGym
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines