Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Looking to get a business credit card

I have a new business and am looking to get a business credit card. I have a mid 700 credit score and I have a navy fcu credit card and a citi credit card that I have received within the past month. I also have three au accounts on my report. What card should I be applying for

If your personal is looking decent and you don't have any major derogs, it's gonna be easier to get some of those revolving business credit lines, but they will ask for a personal guarantor. The other way around that is to just go for the Net 30 accounts first, like from Grainger, Uline, Quill, and Summa Office Supplies and ones like that. Some people I've seen here have had great luck getting approved for the fuel and gas business cards as well. 

I heard that Capital One Spark isn't a bad one to look into, but it will report to your personal credit as well. 

I've been trying as much as possible to avoid PG when doing all this and since I'm still repairing my personal. 

Edited by greenpotatochips

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By richrod
      Hello, everyone.

For the past week or so, I've been reading up on ways to deal with a CA that recently showed up on my credit report. I stumbled upon Why Chat's HIPAA program, read through it, and while it's quite clear, I just want to make sure it is the right thing for me. I'd also like to use it to ask potential follow up questions along the process.

It showed up on my credit report June 28th, with a Date of First Delinquency of February 20th, 2017. At the moment, it only shows up on Equifax and Experian. It's from a hospital visit in California, and I am from and currently live in Arizona, and while I did have medicaid at the time, I was told that it would probably not cover it, but they'd let me go through with it anyway. 

I started to get bills from the Riverside County Medical department, but I initially ignored them, as I was an unemployed college student, and my mom advised me it wouldn't matter anyway; The bill was for $991. I'm now 23, and have been working hard on my credit score, this is the only blemish on my record, and I would love to get rid of it completely.

I have a few old addresses on my credit report, but they're all from years before this account, and I've lived at my current address for around 11 years now. Do I still have to go through the deletion process for those other addresses? Other than that, I'm thinking my first step would be to fill out and send the "Initial HIPAA Dispute Letter" to the two CRAs that show the collection, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• By SSailor54
      Hi CBs,
      I'm a newbie and after reading all the newbie forums I hope I'm doing this right. This is my first post.

I just received a Notice of Intention To File An IRS 1099 -C Form from a CA - Offices of Taylor and Associates.
      The notice says that they are the legal owners of the account referenced in the box below. The box includes the OC name (Bank of America), and account #, the CA name, charge-off balance $1719.21, Interest $2751.68, Total amount owed $4470.89, charge-off date 3/3/2004, and client claim number.

Then the CA offers me two settlement options lower than what would be paid to the IRS. It's a one-time offer and apparently their last attempt (first I received) to settle this account before submitting the 1099-C to the IRS. I can make a one time payment of $670.63 or 6 monthly payments of $140.43. If no settlement is agreeable I am to detach the form below (1099-C form) and file it with my 2020 taxes.

Some interesting facts about the notice:
      My first name used is a variation of my legal name but not my legal name.
      My last name used is my maiden name and I was married in 2004 (at the time this was apparently C/O).

I pulled my credit reports and this does not show on any report. I don't even remember having a BOA account in 2004. 

So do I send a DV (CRRR of course)? I'm sorry if this is too long.
    • By mryker
      In 2016 and parts of 2017, I've had a few credit cards go into collections. 
      1. Credit Card from a bank is about $20,000.00
      2. Credit Card from a store is about $5000.00
      3. Credit Card from a bank is about $5000.00
      4. Credit Card from a bank is about $3000.00

At the time I was not working and did not know about negotiating/settling . 

I am now working, making about a small $33K a year.

Should I pay off this debt? Do I call the collection agency's and pay it off?  What's the best route to take?

Best
    • By Soharis
      I'm at a 802 credit score. I've never been in collections and while I have debt, it is all student loan debt that I am paying. I've never had to help someone with bad credit before. We are both in our late 20's. Her score is around a 630 transunion and 700 equifax.

I finally got a new job and moved my fiancee from Texas to NY. We are interested in getting married and getting a house/moving for her degree in 1 to 3 years. She does have some credit problems that we would like to take care of. She's never had anyone tell her how to handle credit or anything, so she is oblivious to it all. She has medical collections because her mother told her that she paid her medical bills at the time, but she actually did not, and she took her at good faith for this. I am helping her learn but it takes time.

She has about 1100 to 1700 total in collections. Trans-union and Equifax somewhat show the same thing just Equifax show's t-mobile and transunion does not. All of her collections other than T-Mobile are medical based. She has 7 collections total, with phoenix financial having 3 of them all from the same date. She also has a charged off card not showing in collections.

Paying them off isn't a issue as she has more then enough to pay them all in full, but I want to get everything I can off of her account. All of these collections are from texas prior to her move here in NY. The amounts I posted below are not the exact amounts but close.

First Electronic Bank - 600$ - Closed End of 2014 (5 Yrs Old) - Charged off as bad debt, profit and loss write-off -  (Not showing in collections, only under closed accounts)
      Wakefield & Associates - $600 - Opened End of 2015
      Merch & Prof CollBur - $15 Opened End of 2015
      Creditors Bureau USA - $230 - Opened Mid 2018 - Consumer disputes this account information, meets FCRA requirements (She told me she's never disputed anything)
      Pheonix Financial Serv - $124+130+91 - Opened Mid 2019 
      Convergent Outsourcing - $367 OC =  T-MOBILE Opened - Mid 2019

I'm reading through all the HIPPA stuff on this forum but it's a lot to take in at once, any advice for us? I want to keep communication on the phone at the minimum with any CRA. 

• By Joolie567
      I am looking for some advice. I am able to make all of my payments, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. At the end of the month, I have approx. $290 leftover as "discretionary income", but this goes towards gas, groceries, etc. Any extra cash I get, I throw at my debt, but that means I have $0 to add to my savings. Since I have $0 savings, anytime I have an emergency (like a medical issue), I end up having to put it on a credit card, pushing me futher into debt. I would like to avoid bankruptcy, because I don't want to lose my car or house. With $16k in credit card debit alone, I'm wondering if that's my best option though? I know my federal student loans will keep haunting me for life regardless, so I'm honestly just paying the bare minimum to avoid harrasment/garnishments. I'm also practically underwater on my car. . . I was quoted it's worth at $6,900.  

CC 1 CC 2 CC 3 CC 4 Car Loan Personal Loan Federal Student Loans Mortgage Total Debt Balance $8,462 $4,673 $2,267 $1,230 $7,508 $8,099 $59,850 $101,358 $193,447 Interest Rates 18.00% 0.00% 23.15% 23.99%           Payments per Month $150 $100 $70 $40 $295 $328 $217 $730 $1,930.00 Utilities, etc. per Month                 $580.00 Bring Home $$ per Month                 $2,800.00 Leftover                 $290.00

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LJELLIOTT30
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines