kirr44

Possible to get approved for AMEX Gold with 685 score?

So I've been using Credit Karma and Experian and they both say I've matched with AMEX Gold. My history is less than 6 months which I know is basically nothing but I'm wondering why I'm matched to be approved to those cards? I've gone to AMEX website and they say I'm not matched to any cards. Anyone have experience why Credit Karma and Experian would try to push those to me? Or is it simply just because they're possibly getting paid to?

Would it help to add the Apple Credit Card to my credit to increase my limit and amount of revolving credit lines?

The Amex Gold has a $250 annual fee.  Which specific card benefits are you certain you will be able to use?

1) Disregard ANY score that is not produced with a Fair Isaac model

2) Remember that AXP is NOT driven by FICO models but instead bases their decisions on proprietary internal modeling, which is why some people can get in with them even where the three-digit score suggests the approval might not have been anticipated

3) Only apply for cards that benefit you in some manner

4) If a card carries a fee, make sure you can extract AT LEAST that much from the card on an annual basis.  Make the card work FOR you. 

5) Apple card is not, from what most have indicated, reporting to any of the bureaus even after multiple months of holding the card.