Sign in to follow this  
Catinhat

Lots of missing info and transactions on CC statement

22 minutes ago, Burdell said:

Sounds like Citi has you switched, or else perhaps you’ve been logging into her account by mistake. You’ll need to call Citi and clarify which account is primary and which is for the AU, and make sure they’re assigned to the right people. 

OP has stated they only have one login account. Clearly it's the AU account which is why they don't see all the details the account owner gets. They just need to get an owner's login account. Probably dates back to when they opened the online account and used the AU card number.

42 minutes ago, cashnocredit said:

OP has stated they only have one login account. Clearly it's the AU account which is why they don't see all the details the account owner gets. They just need to get an owner's login account. Probably dates back to when they opened the online account and used the AU card number.

I agree. But I think they’ll need to call Citi and get a customer service agent to help them sort this out and re-establish access to the primary account login. 

1 hour ago, Burdell said:

Well I think the Citi Costco rewards card has only been around since 2016 or so, when their deal with Amex ended. 

so... years

3 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

Thanks. This is all new to me... didn't realize there was such thing as an "Owner" vs just "Authorized User" on accounts...  Funny thing is that my wife created the online account, but if I'm reading right, it's possible she did it with my AU card number vs. her Owner number. 

Still seems kinda odd that I can see most, but not all charges when I log into the account! Maybe the account doesn't show any purchases used by my card... yeah, will look forward to explaining my issue to 7 different people until one of them understands :)

Thanks all for the advice and info. 

Edited by Catinhat

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

so... years

Yeah, if you're into counting stuff like that.  But it's not like years and years. I only got mine back in March.

49 minutes ago, Catinhat said:

Thanks. This is all new to me... didn't realize there was such thing as an "Owner" vs just "Authorized User" on accounts...  Funny thing is that my wife created the online account, but if I'm reading right, it's possible she did it with my AU card number vs. her Owner number. 

Still seems kinda odd that I can see most, but not all charges when I log into the account! Maybe the account doesn't show any purchases used by my card... yeah, will look forward to explaining my issue to 7 different people until one of them understands :)

You shouldn’t need to explain the whole thing to “7 different people.” Jet tell them you need to reset the login credentials for the primary cardholder. It should be fairly simple. 

21 minutes ago, DPB said:

You shouldn’t need to explain the whole thing to “7 different people.” Jet tell them you need to reset the login credentials for the primary cardholder. It should be fairly simple. 

"It should have been fairly simple"  - I quite like the idea of that on my tombstone. 

Companies don't employ enough customer service staff, because it impacts profitability and there's no profit in dealing with an issue like mine, but hopefully it won't be too painful :) 

1 hour ago, Catinhat said:

Might be simpler than it appears.

Try this and enter the wife's Costco membership and her credit card info.

https://online.citi.com/US/JSO/reg/Setup.do?flow=CostcoSetUp

BTW, while most banks issue AU cards with the same number as the major holder, some issue AU cards with differing numbers. Citi carried that over from Amex.  The account owner gets to see the spend from each AU as well as their own but the AUs only see their own. The Citi/Costco agreement requires that Citi cancel cards when a Costco membership lapses which was the same with Amex.

Edited by cashnocredit
add Amex stuff

14 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

If you have a single login you created it on the AU account, not the owner's account. Your wife should be able to get a separate login to the Costco/Citi owners (ie: wife) account. Apparently that hasn't been created yet or it's been forgotten. You might have to call Citi and get it straightened out. It's normal for the AU not to see the charges that go to the owner.

Looks like cashno has finally shed a little light here.  Everything catinhat has reported is consistent with an online account that was established using the AU's account number.  (Since this is the first Citi account I've heard of where the AU has a different card number, again - likely a consequence of the Amex legacy, this situation would never have occurred to me.)

This should be very simple to remedy ...

First, please understand that you don't have a "single login" to the account for both users.  Each cardholder (CH, primary and AU) can set up their own login, specifying their own card number when setting up the login.  Only the primary CH can see all transactions and (apparently) administer the account (including viewing of statements).  The AU can only view their own individual transaction information.

Assuming that you're (catinhat) the primary user (original applicant), and you're viewing the account as an AU in the account you set up, then you apparently established access under the AU.  First try to set up a new account under your login (from the main menu:  Serivices / Credit Card / Link).  You then specify the credit card you want to link to this login (check the "Primary User" box and enter the appropriate card number).

If this isn't successful in adding a second card account in your card summary that has full account management rights, you may need to delete the AU from your account list via the choice under the same sequence of menu options and then repeat the "Link" step.  (If it is successful, then you likely want to delete the separate AU card link to avoid future confusion.)

Hopefully this will finally get you past the stumbling block you've encountered in what has been a rather confusing situation!!

------

adding:  btw, I've written this from the perspective that you're (catinhat) the primary user.  If you're the authorized user and your wife is the primary user (and she has no other Citi cards accessed under another login), start by simply assigning this login to your wife.  The steps above, to gain access to the account as a primary user, remain unchanged.

If your wife does have another Citi login, then simply use that login from which to add her primary user card number using those steps.

Edited by hdporter

I had a very hectic day at work, so couldn't call. My wife spoke to 2 different people, and was finally put through to tech support, where she hung up after being on hold for 15 mins! 

But the explanation above makes sense - I'm only seeing the AU details, I guess I must be the primary (I put $3k on the card and it's not showing cos I'm just logging into the AU account).  Just need to find the time to get it resolved by phone. 

27 minutes ago, Catinhat said:

I had a very hectic day at work, so couldn't call. My wife spoke to 2 different people, and was finally put through to tech support, where she hung up after being on hold for 15 mins! 

But the explanation above makes sense - I'm only seeing the AU details, I guess I must be the primary (I put $3k on the card and it's not showing cos I'm just logging into the AU account).  Just need to find the time to get it resolved by phone. 

Well, since your card is the primary, the login account must have been created based on the AU (wife's) card. And it should be showing your wife's name when you login.

You are making this difficult. All you need to do is establish an online account for your card much like you would do with any new credit card. The Costco Visa card has your name and the credit card number on the front and your membership number on the back. Just use those and go to the Citi Costco sign up link I posted earlier. They'll ask for more info (SS# DOB) to make sure it's you and if there is a problem they will have a number to call but most likely you will just be able to sign up.