Sign in to follow this  
aroberson

Dollarbird

I just started using Dollarbird to do a budget, and love it.  It is a calendar based which probably could help someone else that is trying to schedule credit card and loan payments.  I just wanted to share with everyone

From the description in the App Store it appears to help forecast cash needs.

I do something similar with Excel, but I'm sure it's a lot more work.

Thanks for the tip.

One review that shows near the top of a google search...not sure it is something that would be worth paying for but the free version should help some get a handle on spending/budget issues.

https://www.doughroller.net/money-management/dollarbird-review/

I'm a bit more old school and, like CV, prefer Excel...my layout was structured with the reality that I am constantly checking my accounts, and the fields require at least one review of the online account per month.  The constant checking is a holdover effect of being hit for a quarter-million or so in ID-theft losses early in the aughts...

I don't need a third party to have access to my data to monitor my budget. but I suppose sharing data and having good budgeting skills is better than not.

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

I don't need a third party to have access to my data to monitor my budget. but I suppose sharing data and having good budgeting skills is better than not.

You actually do not link your data at all, you manually enter in the numbers.  I know you can do the same in excel but I like having the app on my phone and I can quickly adjust or check my budget.  I actually tried doing the same in excel but I didn't like the formatting or having to boot up my computer to check

1 hour ago, aroberson said:

You actually do not link your data at all, you manually enter in the numbers.  I know you can do the same in excel but I like having the app on my phone and I can quickly adjust or check my budget.  I actually tried doing the same in excel but I didn't like the formatting or having to boot up my computer to check

Good to know; thanks for explaining it to me.

23 hours ago, hegemony said:

Good to know; thanks for explaining it to me.

no problem, I like that it is just numbers and not a linking service