Sign in to follow this  
Trapped by Fico

“Self Financial” for building credit

Does anyone know anything above this company? Are they legit and helpful? Or is a secured card a safer way for someone to build credit?

Thanks!

bcca3143d2c6bf83ba624f5511e0647b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Trapped by Fico said:

Does anyone know anything above this company? Are they legit and helpful? Or is a secured card a safer way for someone to build credit?

Thanks!

What clown would pay $89 for something that smells like crap on your credit reports?

You can get a secured card with $0 annual fee that pays YOU for using it.  

For FICO scoring:

revolving accounts (credit cards) > installment loans (Self)

And it's not even close.

And if you already have one open installment loan (like a car loan or mortgage), another one doesn't really matter.

There's more nuance to the subject, but that's a good place to start.  

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

:)

Anecdotally, my wife and I correlate highly with this. She's OCD about charging her cell phone and gets freaked if it drops below 85%. OTOH, I've been known to let the thing completely discharge several times a month. I used to be much worse but her OCD has rubbed off on me in some areas. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a wider correlation with credit scores.

Edited by cashnocredit

26 minutes ago, cashnocredit said:

Anecdotally, my wife and I correlate highly with this. She's OCD about charging her cell phone and gets freaked if it drops below 85%. OTOH, I've been known to let the thing completely discharge several times a month. I used to be much worse but her OCD has rubbed off on me in some areas. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a wider correlation with credit scores.

I recently ran into a guy I worked with over 10 years ago.  He said that the thing he remembered most about me was that I plugged in my phone during every meeting...

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I recently ran into a guy I worked with over 10 years ago.  He said that the thing he remembered most about me was that I plugged in my phone during every meeting...

1.  Porch surfer;

2.  Pink flowered jackets;

3.  OCD with battery level.  

7 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

It's called OCD.  Battery levels, squares of toilet paper per wipe, permanent press vs. starched and ironed shirts, uniformly folded underwear and socks, uniformly hung shirts & trousers according to style & size & color, all gear (even that which you rarely, if ever use) in pristine condition and stowed in it's proper place, highly organized desk & house, ...

Probably little correlation with credit scores.  Big correlation on being able to survive in today's world and stay out of prison.  

21 hours ago, Trapped by Fico said:

Thanks!

please... adopt a no turds allowed policy as you rebuild