Sign in to follow this  
astbnboyxx

Creditboards.com approved credit repair agency?

I'm a truck driver and although I think I'm intelligent enough to be able to conduct my credit repair by following the advice of these boards I'm not in a position to be able to write and respond appropriately to any advice put forth here I'm asking if creditboards.com has a credit repair agency that is vetted and approved by creditboards.com? If the answer to that is negative can someone throw me a bone here.

Sorry but our experience with "credit repair" operations is that they often do more harm than good. The one thing they are good at is extracting money from people already somewhat desperate as they are all (AFAIK) for profit businesses.

Many people come here after first employing a credit repair place and the results have locked in a lot of things that could have been finessed. Perhaps it is selection bias but the result is that folks here, outside of some of these agencies sock puppets, have a pretty negative view.

Now credit counseling is a different matter and there's a number of them but they help get people to budget and perhaps look over their reports and debt load to see if they are good candidates for BK. But they aren't repair biz. Except in a long term sense of trying to help people get back on track. When that happens time heals.