luckydriver

how many points for a 2K best buy purchase

i signed up for the program and bought a 2K tv. i'm not in this for the points but i was a bit surprised to see only 56 points pending. the site says .5 points per dollar. shouldnt that be 1000 points or are my maths off  :)

In-store or online?  How long since the purchase?  Is the current pending point total consistent with any other purchases from them? 

in store last week. this is my 1st purchase ever so no clue what happens in the past. 

i want to buy something else but it says 250 points needed for 5 dollar certificate. which means you need to spent 10000 bucks to get 5 bucks back. this just seemed a bit much to me

I have no real idea about their program other than reading terms and conditions from their website...which is what prompted the questions.  The program structure seemed crappy enough to never want to sign up for it, especially since there are often far better electronics sources than Best Buy. 

Based upon the terms claiming it could be a few weeks, I would let it sift out and then, if it still seems wonky, call their contact number.  It seems to suggest you have 180 days for the ability to fix errors in points accumulations...

16 minutes ago, centex said:

I have no real idea about their program other than reading terms and conditions from their website...which is what prompted the questions.  The program structure seemed crappy enough to never want to sign up for it, especially since there are often far better electronics sources than Best Buy. 

Based upon the terms claiming it could be a few weeks, I would let it sift out and then, if it still seems wonky, call their contact number.  It seems to suggest you have 180 days for the ability to fix errors in points accumulations...

so if you have no idea about the program why did you respond? (scratching my head). i typically dont reply to things i dont know about on forums . but if i did reply to all the things i didnt know about, that indeed would take a lot of time

32 minutes ago, luckydriver said:

so if you have no idea about the program why did you respond? (scratching my head). i typically dont reply to things i dont know about on forums . but if i did reply to all the things i didnt know about, that indeed would take a lot of time

Seems I covered that...you posed a question and I went and looked at the program terms viewable on their website.  I didn't argue the point that it wasn't making sense.  The terms offered issues that COULD have answered the question.  

What appeared to be a crappy program (based upon redemption/conversion rates from your first post) was in fact confirmed to BE a crappy program.  But in confirming crappy program IS/WAS a crappy program, it led to the questions posed...

Sad that one is cajoled to have to apologize for trying to offer some first-impression insight...

I checked my rewards history against purchases.  Points for online purchases posted the same day.   Points for non BB credit card purchases post on my statement date.   The only reason I can think of why your points didn't post is if you used the "flex pay" option which means no points on the purchase.  

Hope this helps.

A 4K TV would have better than a 2K TV -- if you can find programming with the higher resolution.