Sign in to follow this  
DUC1098

Which banks balance chase when your utilization is high?

I've taken out a large portion of my available credit in the last month and I know some of them are going to reduce my limits or close my accounts. Originally I wanted to take everything out but I've decided to keep some on the cards and take more out later if I need to. From experience I know BOA, Chase and Amex balance chase when your usage goes up. But is there a list of all the banks that do that? Other than those 3 banks I have PNC, Citi, and US Bank. 

You've chosen to ignore the cogent advise given in earlier threads.  This one is unlikely to end any differently.

In a questionable economic climate, gaming the system rarely works well.  You need to expect to lose all of them since you appear to lack the assets to actually support the lines you acquired.  You are precisely the sort of consumer that prompted the development of the Bustout Score.

You have nothing to worry about when your balance is high. 

You only have to worry when you actually start paying down your balance.

Good luck with that. 

40 minutes ago, shifter said:

...when you actually start paying down your balance.

I highly doubt that happens based on OP’s previous posts.

1 hour ago, DPB said:

I highly doubt that happens based on OP’s previous posts.

Reading really is fundamental.  Try it sometimes.  

10 hours ago, DUC1098 said:

From experience I know BOA, Chase and Amex balance chase when your usage goes up.

9 hours ago, PotO said:

Reading really is fundamental.  Try it sometimes.  

My point was that OP has multiple posts asking how to take the most cash out of his cards. I’m predicting a BK instead of an attempt to repay. 

Do you have a drug problem? I did and ruined my credit for a decade because of it. I'm not passing judgement, just want to let you know that it can be fixed, and it will get better. 

Good luck.

23 hours ago, hegemony said:

BUST-OUT ALERT!!!!!!

Wouldn't I be trying to get all of it out as fast as possible and not worry about balance chasing if I was going to bust out? Disappointed to see an OG not see that.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, centex said:

You've chosen to ignore the cogent advise given in earlier threads.  This one is unlikely to end any differently.

In a questionable economic climate, gaming the system rarely works well.  You need to expect to lose all of them since you appear to lack the assets to actually support the lines you acquired.  You are precisely the sort of consumer that prompted the development of the Bustout Score.

Do you see the dates on those posts, genius? I've been down this road before. Several times. Spotless credit. I know it blows your mind but there are people who successfully leverage credit cards for investments.